Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We're about due for a Spin Off!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Usually, we get a Spin-off 1 - 3 years into the game cycle. I wonder if one is coming up soon?

We got The Sims Bustin Out 3 years in to the original Sims.
    We got "The Sims Stories" spin offs just over 2 years into The Sims 2. Castaway arrived less than 3 years in.
    Medievil came after one year.

Maybe all this quietness this quarter is to announce a new spin-off and the lack of packs is to allow some breathing space for the new game.

Wouldn't that be exciting? :#

No, it wouldn't be exciting if that's what's causing the delay. And, aren't we already playing a "spin off"- lol.

• Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    As much as I loved TSM, I don't think TS4 is in the position to have time spent on other games that are not TS4.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Thanks Piperbird, I had forgotten Medieval was during Sims 3 but I do remember why I didn't buy it when it came out. I couldn't build like I wanted to or customize like I wanted to in 3.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Thanks Piperbird, I had forgotten Medieval was during Sims 3 but I do remember why I didn't buy it when it came out. I couldn't build like I wanted to or customize like I wanted to in 3.

I was really sad when I realized that I could not build. But, even though I usually hate the 'do this thing, now do this next thing' checklist style of gaming, I REALLY loved this game. TBH, I was relieved at the lack of toddlers, and how little you had to deal with children, and could just focus on adults. I never even bothered with children except to get the different goals. The game was very humorous and kept me entertained. I loved sailing to trade with other countries with my merchant, looking for skill books for my blacksmith, getting inspiration for my bard, and stealing Sims back and forth between the two religions. I can't explain it. Many of the things I loved about TSM are many of the things I hate about TS4. Strange, I guess. Maybe because I accepted TSM as a different game, and not the new Sims.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Usually, we get a Spin-off 1 - 3 years into the game cycle. I wonder if one is coming up soon?

We got The Sims Bustin Out 3 years in to the original Sims.
    We got "The Sims Stories" spin offs just over 2 years into The Sims 2. Castaway arrived less than 3 years in.
    Medievil came after one year.

Maybe all this quietness this quarter is to announce a new spin-off and the lack of packs is to allow some breathing space for the new game.

Wouldn't that be exciting? :#

Not convinced. We've been told they aren't working on console, plus the console market isn't doing as well as the PC market. And why would they want to fragment their own PC market? That didn't turn into a flourishing success with Medieval.

There isn't a dead period longer than those of the past anyway. Both Sims 2 and Sims 3 often had 2- to 3-month content gaps. There's nothing new and dramatic happening except the forum drama about it.

If you look at the New Releases list, it looks like this is usually a down time for video games anyway -- it's the end of summer, people are out enjoying the last bit of fun before gearing up for the fall. College students are preparing to head back to school, so their disposable income is being saved for textbooks and lab fees. And it feels like the industry in general is waiting till the fall and the big holiday push.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »

I was really sad when I realized that I could not build. But, even though I usually hate the 'do this thing, now do this next thing' checklist style of gaming, I REALLY loved this game. TBH, I was relieved at the lack of toddlers, and how little you had to deal with children, and could just focus on adults. I never even bothered with children except to get the different goals. The game was very humorous and kept me entertained. I loved sailing to trade with other countries with my merchant, looking for skill books for my blacksmith, getting inspiration for my bard, and stealing Sims back and forth between the two religions. I can't explain it. Many of the things I loved about TSM are many of the things I hate about TS4. Strange, I guess. Maybe because I accepted TSM as a different game, and not the new Sims.

Kids were important in medieval times, but the world didn't revolve around them. Farmers would want lots of kids for free farm labor when they got old enough, and nobility would want the usual "heir and a spare", but in general boys were more valued than girls, and the eldest boy pretty much ruled the roost -- if you weren't the eldest son your choices were pretty slim, and if you were a girl it was even worse...marriage or the convent. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »

Kids were important in medieval times, but the world didn't revolve around them. Farmers would want lots of kids for free farm labor when they got old enough, and nobility would want the usual "heir and a spare", but in general boys were more valued than girls, and the eldest boy pretty much ruled the roost -- if you weren't the eldest son your choices were pretty slim, and if you were a girl it was even worse...marriage or the convent. :|

Health and medicine were not the best, either. The more children you had, the better chance you had of SOME of them reaching adulthood. Another thing I liked about TSM: if you did not invest in the health level of your realm, your people got sick. If your security level was low, there would be bandits. You would get bad buffs if culture and knowledge were low. You had to balance your kingdom for happy people.

Grrrrr. Now I want to play again. Like, NOW.

Screenshot-2_zpsgflpx324.jpg
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Not at all interested in spin offs. It's bad enough The Sims 4 feels like a poor spin off of The Sims at many times.
  • Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    edited August 2016
    I liked previous spin offs, but I'd like the sims 4 to get as much attention as possible to make it more awesome than it already is
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    TSM was probably the only spin off I actually felt was worth playing. I mean it was the sims but entirely different in a way.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If we're going to have a spinoff, I want a Sims Superhero Spinoff. The game has a city, New Sim City. At the start you choose a male or female sim to play. The game begins normally with your sim finding a place to live and a job. At some point, depending on the job you chose and the place you live, your sim will come in contact with an event that will change them forever. Radioactive bug, nuclear waste, lightning bolt, etc. which will give your sim a super power. Then you choose a costume and begin training. At base level, choices are limited, but as you progress with training and preforming hero tasks, they open up more and more. Eventually, you become a Supreme Hero of the Highest Rank and finish the game. Once this is done, you can enter CAS and create any hero you want with any powers you want and play in sandbox mode. The game will generate evil doers for you to fight. However, in CAS, you may choose villain and not hero, and follow the path of evil and the game creates a hero for you to battle. If you wish to be part of a team, then with a Get Together type of program, you can create one. Over time, heroes can come and go and be replaced by other heroes, all of which you create and control. You also build or renovate a hero (or villain) hangout. It may be as simple or as fancy as you like. You might fall in love with that new member that can melt steel and you heart. Even settle down and have kids. Will they inherit any powers from their parents. If not, a magic ring or utility belt could be just around the corner.