Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of build options would you like added in the game?

All objects/functions pertaining to building.
shutterstock_69496144.jpg
traditional-staircase.jpg
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    I would find Spiral Stairs a useful space saver, and I would love a Stage tool too! :heart:
  • Options
    WenzelWenzel Posts: 75 Member
    Any forms of stairs with a small/square footprint - be it spiral and/or straight with (non customisable) landings in between and/or elevators - are my number 1 wish for build mode. Stairs right now ruin many a build's floorplan, especially with large ceiling heights, when stairs strech over what feels like half of the lot.
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    spiral stairs that works like the stairs we have now . cure walls, more door and door ways . windows and doors that can leave open or close it would be cool for the sim that like the outdoors when they can not get out side , let the fresh air in .
  • Options
    simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    More stair options for sure. I would also like "auto roofs" as were in previous Sims - I am not good at roofs.

The object I would like is an invisible ceiling light - just the light - nothing else to see.
  • Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    I am still waiting for some simple necessities! Sliding glass doors and garage doors (I know we don't have cars, but some of my houses looks so unrealistic without garage doors). I wish we could get 6 and 8-sided roofs for my Victorian homes that feature turrets.

I wish we could also get glass walls and rooflines, for sunrooms and conservatories and such!!
  • Options
    simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    @ShaddBoi - that reminds me - I would like to have sky lights - and I agree with glass walls and rooflines
  • Options
    EthyrdudeEthyrdude Posts: 268 Member
    @simstr0ng: there are invisible lights in debug mode.

I would like doors that when you select them as the "Front" door, they stay as "Front" door. Currently, there seems to be an issue with enclosed porches and decks, in fact lets just say I would like to have all build items work as they should, without the glitches.
    Variable wall heights and foundations in the same building.
    Hipped roofs with proper overhangs.
    Lots that aren't all completely flat.
    Window and door sets with matching colors, seeing as there is no color wheel or way to clone textures easily.
    Counter height "Let there be light and let there be more light" windows. Sure, there are other windows that are counter height but it would be nice to be able to use one window style throughout a house.
    That's just a few build items off the top of my head.
    On a planet far, far away.
  • Options
    @simstr0ng YES! I agree with skylights. Every now and then I end up with a bathroom or some other room inside the house. Skylights would be amazing for lighting up those rooms!
  • Options
    @Ethyrdude I am right there with you on the hipped rooflines! I love how the regular roofs work, but my hipped roofs never look quite right!
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    simstr0ng wrote: »
    More stair options for sure. I would also like "auto roofs" as were in previous Sims - I am not good at roofs.

Yes, I suck at making roofs. Would like this back.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    @StrawberryYogurt I'd be happy with some more tools to use. I don't think Sims 4 roof tools are hard to use...just need some more options. But Auto Roofs would work too :)
  • Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    Definitely more stair options. L-stairs, spirals.. also stuff like those neat curved staircases from the sims 2 mansion & garden stuff.

Being able to set different rooms with different wall heights, or have two different foundation heights in one lot.

More roofs. Octagonal, maybe rounded? The more, the merrier!

I also hope they can figure out how to get curved walls working properly.

• Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    We have all these intuitive tools in TS4 that makes building in the game much easier for those who were never big into building from previous series. And the sliders in build mode are very user-friendly. I'm more into building this go around then I was into building in TS3- although I used CASt a lot more in TS3- which I've come to accept the missing CASt feature.

It would be absolutely wonderful if they patched in a staircase tool. The ability to connect staircases to the wall so we could create beautiful sweeping grand staircases that swept in smooth curves, or platforms/landings so we can create those space saving L-shapes, half-landing, or stair-step staircases as I refer to them... with multiple landings between floor levels. It would also be great if we could narrow and widen staircases. Then there would be the option to create the spirals that we desire to have especially in tiny spaces.

Other tools... the ability to create landings. The foundation would disappear while the walls extended down to the ground, while keeping the foundation in place on the outside. It would also be great to have the ability to place windows below the foundation line. I enjoy creating builds that have landings, but have the hideous foundation in my living spaces is quite annoying.

Another tool that would come in handy is the ability to create lofts/attic spaces with angled/slanted ceilings. And it would also work wonders if we could place multiple window types on the same panel of wall. Even with the moveobjects on cheat... the wall still bleeds into my windows.

And although it isn't a tool... we need tons more doors and window types that isn't directly traditional and directly modern. There's really only three to four different types of architectural styles to choose from- Traditional, Modern, Contemporary, and Spanish Colonial. I want some French, Dutch, Roman, Gothic Revival, and Mediterranean influences and it's so hard to achieve that style using objects that are not associated with those styles.
  • Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited August 2016
    Along with more stair options, I'd like (as I've stated in another thread) for objects to have smaller footprints and more slots added to all surfaces. Also have the alt button feature available for placing objects on surfaces, as well as the ability to hang objects on the sides of cabinets and counters. I would also like the ability to create castles.
  • Options
    We have all these intuitive tools in TS4 that makes building in the game much easier for those who were never big into building from previous series. And the sliders in build mode are very user-friendly. I'm more into building this go around then I was into building in TS3- although I used CASt a lot more in TS3- which I've come to accept the missing CASt feature.

It would be absolutely wonderful if they patched in a staircase tool. The ability to connect staircases to the wall so we could create beautiful sweeping grand staircases that swept in smooth curves, or platforms/landings so we can create those space saving L-shapes, half-landing, or stair-step staircases as I refer to them... with multiple landings between floor levels. It would also be great if we could narrow and widen staircases. Then there would be the option to create the spirals that we desire to have especially in tiny spaces.

Other tools... the ability to create landings. The foundation would disappear while the walls extended down to the ground, while keeping the foundation in place on the outside. It would also be great to have the ability to place windows below the foundation line. I enjoy creating builds that have landings, but have the hideous foundation in my living spaces is quite annoying.

Another tool that would come in handy is the ability to create lofts/attic spaces with angled/slanted ceilings. And it would also work wonders if we could place multiple window types on the same panel of wall. Even with the moveobjects on cheat... the wall still bleeds into my windows.

And although it isn't a tool... we need tons more doors and window types that isn't directly traditional and directly modern. There's really only three to four different types of architectural styles to choose from- Traditional, Modern, Contemporary, and Spanish Colonial. I want some French, Dutch, Roman, Gothic Revival, and Mediterranean influences and it's so hard to achieve that style using objects that are not associated with those styles.

I'm with you on the lofts and roof rooms! I've tried putting these in my house and they just don't look as good as they did in Sims 3. They work but I think the Sims 3 lifts and attics looked better when playing the game.