Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get A CLUE - an interactive murder / mystery - ON HIATUS

Comments

• Options
    Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    I'm here! I was asleep, but now I'm awake and would love to make a sim!I'll make the lawyer and submit shortly.
  • Options
    TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    @Ruby10990
    awesome! good morning, and can't wait to see the lawyer!
  • Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    Thank you @TheoriesOfHappiness i'll download the cc and the Sims when I get home next week (as i'm still having problems with the game and this laptop :/ ). The Skins covering up the Tattoo's may be the deciding factor for me as I tend to use them a lot ingame, But I will try them first as the characters do look amazing with them.

Taking the kids out so i'll pop back when I can hopefully thing would have picked up by then.
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    @Charliimai
    alright! yeah, i use tattoos a ton as well, but some of the skins don't cover them
    it's odd, since some do and some don't, but if you don't use tattoos on a sim you can use the ones that don't! :)

alright, enjoy and be safe!
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - Thanks so much for tagging me! If it's not too late for me to participate, I'd love to make one of the characters. Let me get some coffee and brainstorm a bit and then go into game and see what I can do.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale
    perfect!!
    i have the athlete slot still available!
    i'll mark you in for it!
  • Options
    as a side note... coffee sounds great. plus, i need a distraction so i don't feed into the temptation to make a third story like this hahah.
  • Options
    Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    Okay, I'm back with the lawyer! You can find him by enabling CC (Because default eye replacement), searching for my origin ID Summer-Lily2046, and his last name is Atkins. Feel free to change whatever you want, and I'll try to find the time to write his blurb later today, probably around noon.
  • Options
    @Ruby10990
    got it, i'll toss him in the game shortly! :)
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - Sounds like a plan! :) I'll have to switch from Mac to Windows and will do that in a few minutes and get the athlete done. :)

Ah, I'm such a coffee junkie. LOL! The husband and I always have a couple shots of espresso before he heads off to work, and that does great with ramping up my day first thing. Hehehe. Yeah, you seem like you love writing these kinds of stories. Hmmm...maybe one of these days, I'll take a stab at it. Of course, it's not like I don't already have enough to do. Haha. But it's always nice to shake things up with something different. :)
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale
    awesome!

i was WAY more of a coffee junkie when i was going to school more regularly and in EMT, but i admit i drink tea more now. i love the odd cup when i have the craving though, especially when it's super sweet. i do love writing this style. like i said in the repentance thread, i get so caught up in my own plans that i feel sometimes my stories either end way too fast or always have super heavy periods where i'm inspired and then i get uninspired again. my "the estate" story is nearly over, though, so i may go for a third interactive one hahah.

you definitely should have a go at it though!
    it doesn't take up much time, surprisingly, except for the days where you have to update the thread for outcome info and write the post. well, for me, at least. i normally do everything the day of, even the teasers ahahah.
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - Switching over to Windows in just a sec and will get into game. :)

I like tea but I'm much more a coffee drinker. I used to put sugar in mine but now, I drink it straight up black. In fact, I tried it with sugar some time ago and nearly gagged. LOL! I'm not used to that anymore.

It was funny. When we went to Bulgaria to pick up my daughter once the adoption was finalized, we stopped for coffee. They drink it espresso style (very strong) but they load it up with sugar. The husband and I told them we wanted ours just black and we got the funniest looks from the people who were helping us out. We still laugh about it to this day.

I know what you mean. It's nice to do something different than you normally would just to keep the creative juices flowing. I'm thinking it probably wouldn't take up too much time since the chapters would be relatively short. I'll have to mull it over and see what I can come up with. :) I love interactive stories like this.
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale
    look forward to seeing who you come up with! :)

hahah i drink it nearly milk white, but have started to need almond or soy milk due to lactose intolerance that gets worse every year.

i went to mexico to see my family and they drink espresso straight black there too. i didn't know at the time and they gave me like... a shot glass and i was like, "no, i want a cup!" i felt so sick and hyped at the same time for the rest of that day hahahah

if you do one, let me know!! i'll join it! :)
    the third one i was mulling over myself was royal related, like princesses who are in school to be princesses, if that makes sense?
    and after every episode, one would be eliminated until the final one is left and can marry the prince.
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - Waiting for my game to update. :) Already got a name but will get into game as soon as it updates and get to work. :)

LOL on the espresso! Yeah, if you're not used to it, it can really do a number on you.

The princess story sounds really cool! I'll have to read that one. :) Yeah, I'm going to mull over a scenario and see what I come up,with. I'll tag you when I get it going; I really want to do one, so it's just the question of when. Are you strictly a Sims 4 player? I've not done a Sims 4 story and have no idea where to get blood effects and stuff for something like this.
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale
    no rush! :) still have to wait for Ruby's character blurb anyway~

yeah i've never drank it again after that hahaha

well, if i make it, i'll be sure to tag you! probably would anyway, just like i did this time around, since you were interested in the interactive style. xD i do TS2 and TS4, but TS3 won't run on my laptop unfortunately. just too much to it hahah. i have plenty of CC for blood and stuff, though, if you want to do TS4? :) spent hours looking before starting repentance.
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - Well, I've got my athlete done and I think she turned out rather pretty. :) Her info will be below. :)

Wimp! Haha. :) Espresso does take some getting used to, and I love it. I also like a nice cappuccino. :)

You are so right about TS3 having a lot to it. Thankfully, it runs very well on my computer (well, CAS has been terribly slow but I have so much content in the game, it's no wonder). It's my Go-to game so I'm super glad. :) If you can tell me where to look for the blood and stuff, I'd be eternally grateful. When I do one of these things, I'm gonna need it.

Okay, so here's the info.

Grace_zpsw5coywas.png

Grace Marley knows what she wants in life with the prize for her being the Olympics. Being a champion figure skater hasn't been easy and she's had to step on some toes to get where she's at now. With the Olympics being right within her reach, she has plenty to celebrate. What better way to celebrate than going to a secluded vacation spot to to mediate and chillax before hitting the rink hard to prepare for her moment of glory? But will there be more to her vacation than she bargained for?

You can find her by finding me on the gallery and looking for Grace Marley. I hope you like her. :)
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale
    i love her! i'll toss her in when i get a chance to! :)

i love cappucino, but i know i'm a wimp with espresso LOL
    i prefer my coffee or energy drinks, personally ;)

i used to spend hours playing it, but since i moved it's a bit harder to do so as i lost the PC i once used
    it's alright though, TS2 is pretty entertaining!
    also, this site is where i found almost all of my horror-esque stuff hahah
    i got some from this list as well, but it's very tiny and i rarely use it honestly
    got my sheet covered corpses from here which i use for Mr Green's body in this story
    here are some creepy women climbing from under a bed
    and i think i got the body bag featured in episode 2 for clark's death from this site

i am totally not beginning to succumb to my desire for a 3rd story and creating a castle
    no, totally not at all
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - I'm so glad you like her. :) I spent quite a bit of time making her and I think/hope it paid off. As you can tell, she's MUCH different than Amanda. Hahaha.

I'm not a big fan of energy drinks. Most have this awful aftertaste that I can't stand. I'll stick to my coffee and/or espresso. LOL!

Oh, THANK YOU for those links! They will be so helpful.

Awww, sorry you can't play TS3 anymore. I do agree though. TS2 is entertaining and there are times I totally get in the mood to play that. It's been a while, but I do enjoy it. :)

Ouch on creating a castle! I'm NOT a builder so if I ever needed something like that, I'd be patrolling the gallery to see what I could find. Good luck.
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale
    i do!
    we have a ton of ladies though, so any romance i plan to have it most likely going to be lady with lady hahah
    hope we don't have anyone opposed to lady love in this group. :pensive:

they do, honestly! but i find that there are some organic ones that aren't horrid

of course!
    i'm a CC hoarder, honestly, so i have so much ready to share
    sometimes i can't figure the names out of them though, unfortunately

it's alright! i still have it all, so when i get a nicer computer i can play it again

ahahah i enjoy building, but large builds wipe me out.
    so, i am hoping the castle will burn me out at least until the estate ends.
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - Haha! I'm so glad. :) As you can tell, she likes wearing bold colors and looks really good in them.

Tee hee. I was noticing that when I took a peek at the Sims already in place. I almost, ALMOST made a guy but changed my mind at the last second. Maybe since there are a lot of ladies, perhaps Phillip Green was a ladies' man, had affairs with most/all of them, and that's why one of them killed him. You never know.

I haven't found one I particularly like. A lot of them are way too sweet, plus with the aftertaste, I tend to stay away from them. I can't handle sugary things like I used to when I was younger. LOL!

Hahaha! You and me both. I love CC (well, when it's safe) and tend to have a lot in my game. This is SO true for TS3, hence my CAS running so slow. It looks great though and I use it a LOT for my story Sims.

At least you have other Sims games to keep you entertained that work on the computer you have. I'm very fortunate and can run all the Sims games on my computer. It took some doing since I'm on a Mac. I found that Sims 3 did NOT work so well on a Mac, and older games...forget it. So, I ended up purchasing Windows 7 and can run that through Bootcamp. TS3 runs SO much better there, and now I can record my LP's and do my stories pretty fluidly. :)

Sometimes I get in the mood to build something but it takes me freaking FOREVER. I'm not talented that way but sometimes I get in the mood to try to put up something. Thank heavens for the gallery though, as there are some very talented people out there. :)
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale
    i agree!

i would rather everyone have a character they like rather than a forced male hahah. honestly though, i don't want them all to be having affairs because it'd be my luck when i do the roll, a man is going to be the murderer LOL. so, lady love will just have to be the option at the end of the night ahahah.

CC is my addiction, i admit. i can spend hours just digging through it all.

indeed! sims 4 doesn't keep me entertained by a long shot. where i used to live, i had a MAC desktop than ran the sims 3 fairly well (thankfully, for me, but it was an older model so that's probably why) but now i don't have a desktop at all. fortunately, my fiance has a "gaming" laptop (i say gaming because best buy said it was for gaming and when i got my hands on it, i only laughed because it is most certainly NOT for gaming and i wish she hadn't spent $600 on a laptop only worth $400) so it runs TS4 fairly well. it lags sometimes, but i'll live. only use it for photos and story building anyway LOL.

10dv9te.png
    my castle so far ^
    i can do fast builds, when i'm in the mood to do them
    but big stuff like this castle will probably take me all day, if not most of it
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - Very interesting! It would be kinda funny if a man was the murderer with all these ladies around. I can see a bunch of catfights and stuff happening with so much estrogen. Hahaha. Anything can happen with these interactive stories.

I know what you mean. Sometimes when I go on CC hunts, I do it for HOURS and end up getting a bunch of stuff. Clothes and hair are my addiction.

Oh man! Boo on the bad choice of laptop. We won't get a computer from Best Buy. Not that some of their stuff isn't great because it is (or used to be anyway; haven't been there in years). We've noticed that their computers aren't exactly top of the line, so we've always shopped elsewhere when it comes to computers. Now that we have Macs, we go directly to the Apple store or order right from Apple online. I hear you on Sims 4. Sure, they're adding some cool stuff, but they really need to do a LOT more before I can honestly love the game.

Your castle looks great so far. Much luck with it, but I'm sure it'll be beautiful. :)
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale
    exactly my thoughts hahahah
    i may go and roll to see who it is myself (though i can't share it with anyone)
    but i'm a bit too lazy to do that atm hahah

me too hahaha i love clothing and hair, especially for women

i built a windows PC when i was younger with my dad, but then moved to mac and learned i really hate apple products LOL
    but when i figured out she had bought a "gaming laptop" i was like, "oh, nice!" only to discover she got totally ripped off
    the laptop doesn't even have dual graphics, which is a basic feature for an actual laptop made for gaming LOL

ahh thanks! the inside isn't looking nearly as put together so far so i saved and exited for the time being hahaha
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - I know what you mean. There's plenty of time to roll and see what happens. I wonder, though, if your curiosity will end up winning over the laziness. Hehehehe.

Yep, me too. I'm always looking for long hair and fancy dressed. LOL!

Sorry to hear you hate Apple products. I've had good luck with mine (well, except for TS3 not wanting to run well), and I love my Iphone and my IPad. :) They're not for everyone, I guess, but variety is the spice of life. Haha.

Ugh! Yeah, it sounds like she really got hoodwinked. Too bad you guys couldn't return it and get something else.

It happens. It'll still be there waiting for you when you decide to get back to it. Those builds can take time and if you push yourself into doing them when you don't feel like it, you'll end up hating it and redoing it anyway.
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale
    it just might hahahah
    so far it hasn't yet, but i've not been on my laptop so that may be why
    decided to sit and watch kinky boots

that spring fling pack has so many cute hairs!

i bought an iphone and everything, but it just felt like a glorified MP3 player to me, personally. i think i might just be too adjusted to android products honestly, though i do own an ipod and love it. my fiance is all about apple. she has an ipad and an ipod and an iphone, and i'm sure she'd have a mac if she could too, but windowed laptops tend to run games a bit better we've discovered hahah.

yeaaaah, but it's alright. if we take care of it, it should live for a while hahah

exactly hahahah i just needed a break because i hate interior decorating big lots like that