Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thank God this isn't a thing anymore!

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    And this is the reason sims 4 sucks so bad
  • Options
    claudiamarie1964claudiamarie1964 Posts: 25 Member
    But it's interesting that it took Maxis/EA that long to figure it out, even after the failure of Sims Online. Seems like the management lives in some sort of fantasy world, kinda like the Sims 4 world they created, where everyone is happy and even enemies will chat with each other and tell jokes.

What EA doesn't seem to understand is the difference between the types of players attracted to MMOs versus the ones who play Sims. The gameplay of the former usually involves various acts of aggression; playing against real people is probably more challenging than an AI. Sims players, on the other hand, play for reasons that span the map: living vicariously through Sims, building houses, creating stories, legacies, etc. And except for finding creative ways to kill off our Sims, I'm guessing most of us don't play Sims to rechannel our aggression.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »
    thank goodness they did because it would of been something i would not went that whatchamacall it skill

There's nothing wrong with a bit of woohoo dear.
    It used to be called play in bed or rug or hot tub in the Sims 1. So it has been toned down a lot over the years to be more kid friendly. Ah the days of bear rug play time.

I still added 1 to 1 and figured about the whole "woohoo" thing from The Sims :#
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    It's interesting if it was a online version. I don't see nothing wrong with it.
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    The Sims isn't going to be the new 'Second Life' I wish they would forget about trying to make that happen.
    I prefer to play The Sims by Myself.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    The only thing I find interesting about it is the fact the trailer was made in 2012. That's a lot earlier than I imagined.
    It seems like they were getting ready to launch the game in 2013? I mean no one makes a trailer that early.

I think it goes to show how much time was lost in development over this piece of junk.

It's still very impressive they got something that resembles what The Sims really was out quickly. But could you imagine if EA actually developed TS4 as a traditional life sim starting all the way back in 2012? The game would have been huge.
  • Options
    ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    I'm not going to lie, i would have played the ever living heck out of it.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Ugh! There is a reason why the Sims was the number one selling PC game. This is not it. They should have buried the Olympus Sims idea at its very first thought, but alas...
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't want to play the Sims with other people, I want to play alone because I don't went others putzing up my game. I also never played Showtime where you could send sims to other peoples games. You stay out of my game and I'll stay out of yours.
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    Multiplayer never really clicked for me in The Sims.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Well Sims 4 was originally going to be Sims Olympus and it was going to be online something like facebook but with Sims as far as I know this forums don't like anything from social media.

Just the thought of sims becoming something like Second Life they would have to give that a new name if they ever go down that road I don't mind Sims going online since we're halfway there because of the gallery and that's already online.

But I know a lot of people would not like that but I wouldn't mind myself.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    But it's interesting that it took Maxis/EA that long to figure it out, even after the failure of Sims Online. Seems like the management lives in some sort of fantasy world, kinda like the Sims 4 world they created, where everyone is happy and even enemies will chat with each other and tell jokes.

What EA doesn't seem to understand is the difference between the types of players attracted to MMOs versus the ones who play Sims. The gameplay of the former usually involves various acts of aggression; playing against real people is probably more challenging than an AI. Sims players, on the other hand, play for reasons that span the map: living vicariously through Sims, building houses, creating stories, legacies, etc. And except for finding creative ways to kill off our Sims, I'm guessing most of us don't play Sims to rechannel our aggression.

One EA exec thinks games are too hard for us to learn and we don't devote much time to them. Another thinks the reason some players don't like TS4 is because it doesn't have enough "stuff" yet. I'd say there is probably quite a bit they don't understand.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I wanna know exactly what Dan got!

Whatever it was, he only got some of it, not all of it.

Well they did remove the woohoo skill.

I read this as the Woohoo kill O_o

Must be too tired
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    And that's why TS4 is what it is today....a half baked mess.

PS: that kissing animation is in the game, don't know what ya'll talking 'bout.

Immediately thought that too when I saw it. That animation is in the game
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2016

I've become attracted to both, but even with MMOs I prefer to play alone. Just because I like a few MMOs doesn't mean I want the Sims to become one again. I like keeping the Sims and MMO games separate from each other. Honestly the Sims 4 is designed to be too kid friendly as it is, it would not have competed well at all with the MMO market. Even the Bushwhacker series is more fun which is actually designed for kids.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    I actually love the art style from the Olympus. It's still stylized, but "Simmy". I wouldn't mind playing online every now and then, as long as I'm given the option to turn it off. Knowing EA it's their way or the highway though.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Options
    azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    You also have to remember that if the game is online, then modding would be severely limited or not allowed at all. That's because other people would need to have that exact same mod installed in order to see that same mod on you. With the thousands of mods out there, the chances are slim that everyone will have the same exact mods. Therefore the Sims Online would not be moddable at all and have no custom content available. That's a HUGE negative and one so huge as to wipe out any benefit there ever could be from multiplayer.