Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this normal??

chellanchellan Posts: 6 New Member
So I had one of my sims fall in love with the maid. They got married and moved in together, but they do not have the option for 'try for a baby'. they can have woohoo though. Does anyone know why this is??

Comments

• Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    That NPC that you shouldn't have married if my memory is remembering correctly.
  • Options
    willow_kiddwillow_kidd Posts: 45 Member
    How old is the woman? How many people are in the family? Is she already pregnant? Is someone else in the house pregnant? Have you tried 'try for baby' on another lot?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited August 2016
    Maids are always adults! This isn't normal unless she haves 5 or less days away to become an elder. If she is, try buying the Elixir of Life from rewards menu and make sure she haves got high aspiration bar (Or it will make them older).
    And the max number of sims is 8. If you have 8 sims in household, move them (or somebody) out of the house by using newspaper or computer and choosing "Find Own Place".
    If these are not the case, then it isn't normal.
    james64468 wrote: »
    That NPC that you shouldn't have married if my memory is remembering correctly.

Nope! They are safe to play. Game generates new maid to replace them.
  • Options
    The maid is a new adult, it's only her and the husband in the house. I've only just started again playing and I thought I was going mad cause I remember with an old game
  • Options
    also haven't tried on another lot, but I shall try that
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    Hello @chellan
    Although both Sims have fallen in love and married each other, relationships can change very quickly e.g. a dirty joke in some occasions can cause a Sim to fall out of love! :(
    Both short and long term relationships need to be over 70 for the option to "try for baby".
    Sometimes you can find one of the Sims does have the option and the other doesn't; so do check both Sims - after this interaction I am sure the relationship will be restored. :)
  • Options
    They're are both at 100%, and I've tried both the option just doesn't come up
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Yeah, something's amiss. :/ Are all other interactions present? Is controlling her running normally?
    Anytime you bring a NPC into the household, they will always be at the start of their current age stage.

As a side note, a good test as to which NPCs can be added:
    1) Does the Sim have both a first and surname? Mrs. Crumplebottom and Tour Guide should scream at you DON'T ADD ME! ;)
    2) Are the interactions normal (not special)? If the interactions are limited/special, leave them be.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    Is the maid already pregnant?
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • Options
    Phoenix_RainxPhoenix_Rainx Posts: 677 Member
    It was probably a glitch
    tumblr_inline_nhvx4yvpMj1t79ug6.gif
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    What sort of mods do you have in your game? Sometimes, mods will conflict with each other and cause strange issues like this. If moving them to a new lot doesn't help, I'd check your downloads folder.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Definitely sounds like a glitch. If you are willing to cheat to resolve it you can use the Tombstone of Life and death. (As a side note do NOT use anything in the bool prop menu without doing some research on it first, some of them seriously corrupt the game). Here's a wiki on what the tombstone can do for you, including make your sim pregnant. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Tombstone_of_Life_and_Death
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01