Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gardening & Weeding Glitch

Prompting a sim to "tend garden" doesn't seem to get rid of the weeds.

And when I point to a plant and click "weed" my sim either goes to another plant or even a cupboard in the house and pulls out imaginary weeds from there!

Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    I don't currently have any gardening sims. Unless the most recent patch has broken this feature, you could try repairing your game through Origin and then go back in game and see if the issue has been solved.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I've had this happen on and off for a while. I had one where my sim was pulling weeds from an end table, and one from a TV stand in different houses/saves. One is actually fairly recently (the TV stand) in a save I've been playing for a couple of weeks. Though I've since re-designed the house and haven't had it happen again. Not sure of the cause.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there.

Make sure that there is clear space around the plants. If the plants are beside fencing or a wall, move them away because that can cause issues. If they are close to each other give them more space between. Try these things and see if that helps.

If the issue remains, you may like to press " me too" on this thread link on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue, and/or post your experiences there.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Re-OPENED-Sims-weed-objects/m-p/3582795#M3344
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    It seems like the last patch reintroduced this issue. I had it before and moved all my plants so that there was plenty of space around them, that seemed to have solved it that time. But this time, the plants are in that position, so there is enough space, but my Sim weeds at whichever spot she's standing when the action comes up in the queue...
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    I have this problem. And I didn't even update to the Nanny patch yet.
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • Options
    elram76elram76 Posts: 61 Member
    I am also experiencing this. It makes me feel better to know I am not the only one. ☺️
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    Pull the mods, I have no mods, fix the game have done this, pull the files I have done this, yes I have the same problem. Hired a gardener who only weeds and waters if we are there, otherwise if we go to work we get charged for her services then she comes back when we are there she weeds and waters then charges again, but the weeds are still there, this time I watched the weeding. But I told sim to do something, like paint and she goes to the stove and starts painting, woohoo, and they go to the table and sit, talk to neighbor and they go to bed. I just think they are getting all mixed up. Do get some LOL's out of it though.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    Pull the mods, I have no mods, fix the game have done this, pull the files I have done this, yes I have the same problem. Hired a gardener who only weeds and waters if we are there, otherwise if we go to work we get charged for her services then she comes back when we are there she weeds and waters then charges again, but the weeds are still there, this time I watched the weeding. But I told sim to do something, like paint and she goes to the stove and starts painting, woohoo, and they go to the table and sit, talk to neighbor and they go to bed. I just think they are getting all mixed up. Do get some LOL's out of it though.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    I am just checking that you have tried resetting your sims 4 folder. If you haven't,try doing that and see if that helps your issue. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .

Try starting a new save game and test to see if the issues are occurring in that game also. If the issues are not occurring there, you could save your sims to your library and place them into the new save game.They will lose though any relationships that your sims have with sims not in their household, and will lose their inventory and collections progress. They will retain though their skills, reward traits, aspiration progress and their careers.

• Options
    mpatty02mpatty02 Posts: 480 Member
    I recently created a gardening sim, and worked really hard with her. But I noticed the same issue, any time I asked her to "weed" plants she would weed the actual plants...but then weed under the grill and under the cabinet inside. Strangeee glitch. I haven't played with her recently to answer if the problem still exists?
  • Options

I actually have done all you have suggested
    @rosemow They will lose though any relationships that your sims have with sims not in their household, and will lose their inventory and collections progress. They will retain though their skills, reward traits, aspiration progress and their careers.

this is why I don't want to start sims in new game, I have so cultivated so many relationships and have so much inventory that I don't want to loose and start over, the problem I have been playing this game for a while and this is the second go around for this sim (his back story). I replaced everybody and all the houses in the towns to fit with the first play of this sim, so I guess I will just have to laugh at the bugs and play on. But thank you as always.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    I actually have done all you have suggested
    @rosemow They will lose though any relationships that your sims have with sims not in their household, and will lose their inventory and collections progress. They will retain though their skills, reward traits, aspiration progress and their careers.

this is why I don't want to start sims in new game, I have so cultivated so many relationships and have so much inventory that I don't want to loose and start over, the problem I have been playing this game for a while and this is the second go around for this sim (his back story). I replaced everybody and all the houses in the towns to fit with the first play of this sim, so I guess I will just have to laugh at the bugs and play on. But thank you as always.

I am sorry that you are having the issues :(
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @StilleWater I don't know if this will help, but,

Firstly, check if the problem is CC or MOD.

Take MODS out one by one first, entering in the game to check between them.

Please check which file is creating the problem, and get rid of them if they aren't MC Commander.

It's mostly likely it's a MOD, IF you have any.

In my case, I had both the Weed problem, and book reset problem, it was the MC Commander, and I put him inside the folder and repair it, to update/Fix together.

Remember to have your other Mods Updated if you have any.

And check for conflicting Mods.

Anyway, here it goes:

1 - Create a Backup folder in your desktop.

2 - Move the files: Specti something View, Options, Saves, Trays, Custom Music, Screenshot, and Mods to that Backup Folder.

3 - If you didn't update yet, do it. If you did update already, repair the game.

4 - Start the game, Gallery, Sims there? Good.

5 - Get out.

6 - IF you have MC Commander, put it INSIDE the NEWLY GENERATED MOD folder.

7 - Repair the Game again. (ONLY IF YOU HAVE MC COMMANDER)

8 - Move Specti something View, Options, Saves, Trays, Custom Music, Screenshots (EXCEPT MODS) back to the Sims 4 Folder, replacing the newly generated ones.(Important)

9 - Now, If you have any CC(ONLY CC), that WASN'T THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM, put them back inside the Newly generated MOD folder.

10 - Start the game, go into your save, and check if the problem is still there.

If there is no problem:

11 - Proceed to place your other MODS inside the Newly Generated MOD folder, except for the resouce file, Use the newly generated one.

IF THE PROBLEM STILL PERSIST,

Enter in despair.

1 - With your Backup in the Desktop(Previous ones), Erase the whole The Sims 4 Folder in the Documents.

2- Repair the Game.

3 - Enter, All there? Okay.

4 - Get out,

5 - Place your MC Commander inside Mod Folder. (IF any)

6 - Repair. (Only if you have MC)

7 - Place your Backup Files(Previous ones), EXCEPT Mods.

8 - Test.

9 - Put your backup CC inside the Newly Generated MODS folder again. (If any)

10 - Test. Working? If yes, good.

11 - Put the rest of your Mods(If any), except the old Resource file, use the newly generated one.

12 - Test, if Still working, good.

If not working after putting the Mods inside the Mod Folder, there's something wrong with them.

Proceed to get up from your chair.

Get gasoline.

Burn your computer down.

Go to a psychologist.
    mfCdivN.gif

• Options
    @Hyeion LOL love reading this post and thanks for the instruction, seems like so much to have to do just to play a game. I think I will keep the computer it cost a pretty penny and can't afford to torch it. But, I have no mods, pulled them a couple of weeks ago when MCcc messed around and squelched my game, I tried that mod at least 4-x's. Decided I didn't need the extra heartache (hate loosing my game). I have pulled all the folders except the Specti something View and repaired the game and started new games to see if that works and it just keeps coming back...there's a bug hiding somewhere maybe but my bug spray won't kill it. Guess I will keep laughing at the silliness of the bug until I find it. But I may try your fix when I get ready to blow up my computer.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    @StilleWater Good luck. Haha
    You can always unnistall and install again, some Mods modify some stuff, or it's just the game's fault.
    If you need help with the gasoline, Just ask.
    mfCdivN.gif

• Options
    HyenaCrowleyHyenaCrowley Posts: 54 Member
    My sim weeds the mailbox every time. -rolls eyes- It doesn't bother me that much I guess. Kinda funny.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Bummer, tags @SimGuruArvin @SimGuruNick and @SimQARobo to check on it in the morning.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I've seen this bug in my game once as well, the sim was going around the living room weeding the furniture instead of going outside to the plants. It's only happened one time, so I thought it was funny.
  • Options
    I'm guessing it's a game problem, since eventually the glitch came back into my game.
    mfCdivN.gif

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Prompting a sim to "tend garden" doesn't seem to get rid of the weeds.

And when I point to a plant and click "weed" my sim either goes to another plant or even a cupboard in the house and pulls out imaginary weeds from there!

Anyone else experience this?

Mine only does that if I use the planter boxes or my plants are too close together. If either of those apply to your game, try taking plants out of the boxes and give them a bit of space between plants.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    Just adding a "me too" on this. It doesn't happen every time, but it's annoying, not only because they weed random places throughout the house, but because they'll only weed one plant at a time when this glitch occurs.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I also have this bug. The "tend garden" interaction results in the sim watering and spraying, but not weeding. When ordered to weed the sim will go to a different place on the lot, comically the grill on the patio in this particular case, and commence the weeding animation. He will, however, only weed the plant that was clicked on. I have to click and order for each plant in order for them to be weeded. Still weeds the grill for each one.

Gardening is still functional, so it is a bug that I can live with. Still a bug, however.
  • Options
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    I had one of sims weeding the coffee table, and some how also weeded the weeds in garden..lol