Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adding the Cynical Trait to TS4

TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
edited July 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Going with the title of the thread, I think a new emotional Trait would add more spice to the game!

The description could go: "These sims have few things that wow them, and live lives in monotonous boredom. Joking with one is not advised, as jokes are better told by them in their opinion."

Pros: Being their friend is an achievement in itself. But, they do get a boost to their Mischief Skill!

Cons: They don't like jokes, and get angry at the sim who told them a joke. However, they can tell jokes with no downside.(unless it's their "One Up With Better Joke" interaction)

New Interactions:

"Bring Down A Peg"(mean) saddens or angers a sim.

"Criticize the Web"(computer)raises social, and might make a random sim in the world your enemy.

"One Up With Better Joke"(Funny)an interaction that gives the joke teller a confident moodlet, and angers the listener of the joke.

A favorite~
"You Are Not Bad"(Romantic)a rather genuine compliment, something this sim may never say to just anyone!
Post edited by Tarruvi on

Comments

• Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited July 2016
    I want more traits in general and this trait is awesome! I would also love another emotional trait: Overly Emotional. These Sims only gain very emotional Emotions like Very Happy or Very Sad. It would be a very balanced trait as there are positive and negative emotions. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Sounds similar to the "mean" trait
  • Options
    mika wrote: »

It has a duller tone than the Mean, Hot Headed, and Evil traits. The emotion that pops up with it is Bored, and the gameplay is similar to cynical behavior in people. It would create new challenges, and stories would have some depth of gloom if the trait were present.

Cynical sims could be mean, or try their best to be pleasant to be around. A new level of difficulty could arise. :P
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    The more traits the better in my book. Lol :)
  • Options
    LuciferMongooseLuciferMongoose Posts: 123 Member
    That sounds like a cool trait, I think that we need more traits in general tbh. What I think we reeeealy need is a "manipulative " trait, where the sim uses friendly interactions when it's convenient, has more interactions that involve lying, and makes enemies with certain sims (for example "good" sims). Sure, we already have "mean" and "evil", but those just make sims outright mean, instead of mean in a more subtle way.

Come to think of it, a "passive-aggressive" trait would be nice, too.
  • Options
    ElliecakeElliecake Posts: 59 Member
    That actually sounds like a really good idea. Specially the romantic "you're not thaaaat bad" interaction. It gives the characters a little more depth.
    Check out my channel, EllieSims , for your daily dose of CAS videos! ❤
  • Options
    OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    Cool!
  • Options
    nakibotnakibot Posts: 176 Member
    Sounds good. But I wish they expand the maximum for regular traits above 3.
  • Options
    Elliecake wrote: »
    That actually sounds like a really good idea. Specially the romantic "you're not thaaaat bad" interaction. It gives the characters a little more depth.

Yeah! I think it's a very cute interaction, and it adds a little personality to the trait. :P
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Tarruvi wrote: »
    mika wrote: »

It has a duller tone than the Mean, Hot Headed, and Evil traits. The emotion that pops up with it is Bored, and the gameplay is similar to cynical behavior in people. It would create new challenges, and stories would have some depth of gloom if the trait were present.

Cynical sims could be mean, or try their best to be pleasant to be around. A new level of difficulty could arise. :P

Good point, I like it. I also think a 'Bitter' trait would be cool and go well with this trait. Bitter Sims could be against romance and get angry every time someone flirts with them or whenever they see romantic interactions between other Sims. Similar to the Unflirty trait in Sims 3
  • Options
    Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    edited August 2016
    I like the idea! It would make some really obnoxious characters, but we need those too to simulate a real life society!
    I also think developers should add a "dumb" trait. It looks like they're a God's favorite since He made so many of them! But we don't have one in our Sim world. We already have a 'genius' trait and it is so hard to find one in the real world.

'Dumb' Sims would ask a fat female 'when are you due' not as a mischief interaction but as a friendly interaction.
    It would take 'dumb' kids and teens twice the time to finish their homework.
    Faithful 'dumb' Sims wouldn't get angry when catching their partners cheating on them (or would rebuild their relationship faster) because they would believe in any excuse they hear from their partners.
    'Dumb' Sims autonomously would pick a 'green' need to satisfy before a 'red' one.
    'Dumb' Sims should have an 'ask silly question' interaction which would make 'good' Sims to like them, and 'mean' or 'hot headed' Sims to get really angry.
    Post edited by Leo2009SSA on
  • Options
    @Leo2009SSA
    @mika
    Good suggestions for traits, they would add various levels of difficulty in the social areas they affect! An Unflirty Trait would be a good counterpart for the Romantic Trait. And a take on the Absent-Minded Trait could bring quite a few laughs as well. :smiley:
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I always loved the Brooding trait from Sims 3...seeing my sims randomly sitting on the ground, pondering their existence. Combine that with Cynical and... :D
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    "Cynical" would be a great trait - and/or "sarcastic". I'd also like to see:
    "busy" (opposite of "lazy"); "absentminded"; "faithful"; "charming/charismatic"; "maternal/paternal"; "self-conscious/shy"; "trendy"; "veggie", and I'm sure there are loads more...
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    I'd like a gullible trait! XD
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    "Cynical" would be a great trait - and/or "sarcastic". I'd also like to see:
    "busy" (opposite of "lazy"); "absentminded"; "faithful"; "charming/charismatic"; "maternal/paternal"; "self-conscious/shy"; "trendy"; "veggie", and I'm sure there are loads more...

I would love to see what the gossip would be about for the trendy sim!! They could choose to "help with wardrobe" (would be attached to the big closets when trying on clothes), "give fashion advice", the want of owning a clothing store, and make bad fashion jokes!! XD