Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP :(

Hi guys, not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but not only am I confused, I am also desperate. Just got a new gaming pc when I have been playing sims on my mac. I installed origin but now can't log in for the life of me! I'm also not receiving password reset emails when requested.
I do have two accounts but I'm sure of which one I need because I checked which email was receiving my origin receipts as my other has never been used to buy before. I cannot play my game until I log in as I am also logged out on my mac now :(
Please help! :( xxx

Comments

• Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I'm no expert, and someone else is probably responding with better solutions, but here are some things I'd try:

1. Uninstall and reinstall Origins on your PC.
    2. Check your spam folder on your PC for those password reset emails. A lot of times, I find sometimes they come through, sometimes they wind up in Spam.
    3. Try with the other account anyway. Just for the heck of it. You never really know.

I don't know if any of that will help. It may come down to trying to contact EA. Since they don't do phone support anymore, you'll can try for live chat.

I do hope someone has a solution for you before resorting to customer service.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    Are you using the AshlieBoom name on Origin? or did you set it up to use only on forums? I bought a game for a friend and she signed in on my computer (to her account) and then I paid for the game and she signed out went home and downloaded on her computer with her sign in. The short of it is, Origin wouldn't let me into my account to play my game and it still asks me to sign back into her account to download. Maybe Origin is confused and you need to go in a back way like thru TS3 web site and change password or something.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    AshlieBoomAshlieBoom Posts: 143 Member
    Are you using the AshlieBoom name on Origin? or did you set it up to use only on forums? I bought a game for a friend and she signed in on my computer (to her account) and then I paid for the game and she signed out went home and downloaded on her computer with her sign in. The short of it is, Origin wouldn't let me into my account to play my game and it still asks me to sign back into her account to download. Maybe Origin is confused and you need to go in a back way like thru TS3 web site and change password or something.

Now, here is where it gets complicated - I have 2 accounts for some reason, but I know which email is linked to my origin because I checked for my origin receipts in my emails. The problem is, despite changing the passwords to BOTH of my EA accounts, (with confirmation) I now can't log into my EA account either. (I'm still logged in on my iPad from another session, hence I can post right now.)
    This profile picture I currently have because I changed it via origin, so am I right to assume that this account is the one linked to my origin account? I just can't log in!

@KatsKats do I need to be able to log into my EA account to get a live chat?
    Also I have checked spam folder and every other folder I have, just in case. I will try the uninstall and re install though too. Thank you ❤️

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,607 Member
    Hello
    Try going to the origin help site
    https://help.ea.com/
    Try logging in to the help site using both of your accounts and see if you can get through to live chat. If you still have issues, you may need to open another account to talk over your issues with the help staff.
  • Options
    I just saw your question, but Rosemow answered before me. Good luck. I hope you can get them. Let us know how it turns out, ok?
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,623 Member
    edited July 2016
    Does it say something like you have to be online for the first time before logging in? I hate that error. Have you tried exiting from your Mac or shutting down your mac completely and try again on your gaming computer? Also, is it a desktop or a laptop? If it's a laptop, maybe you can try it on a public wifi and see it it works.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    AshlieBoomAshlieBoom Posts: 143 Member
    @DeKay @KatsKats @rosemow @StilleWater
    Hello again everyone, just a little update to say thank you so much for all of your advice, I am such a silly bear! :s You guys are always so helpful when I have a problem and I want you to know that it's so appreciated! <3

okay, I have regained access to my account via the online chat as I had a registered game code with me, thank goodness.
    I would highly recommend having them written down somewhere just in case!
    I have only tried logging in on my laptop for now, but I shall try on my gaming PC once my Brother is awake and I can use his wifi.
    Hopefully my panic is now over!

Thanks again!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,607 Member
    Hello @AshlieBoom :) I am so glad that you have gained access to your account again. It is concerning for you when you are unable to get in and play your game.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,623 Member
    Okay well good luck. I hope you can log in to your gaming PC. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    AshlieBoom wrote: »
    @DeKay @KatsKats @rosemow @StilleWater
    Hello again everyone, just a little update to say thank you so much for all of your advice, I am such a silly bear! :s You guys are always so helpful when I have a problem and I want you to know that it's so appreciated! <3

okay, I have regained access to my account via the online chat as I had a registered game code with me, thank goodness.
    I would highly recommend having them written down somewhere just in case!
    I have only tried logging in on my laptop for now, but I shall try on my gaming PC once my Brother is awake and I can use his wifi.
    Hopefully my panic is now over!

Thanks again!

I'm glad to hear it. Thanks for letting us know.