Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 Castaway??

I was just thinking of the sims 2 castaway. I haven't played it in years so I forgot a lot of how the game goes. Looking at the pics on google, I thought to myself, Imagine if they made a sims 4 castaway game? Maybe it would be just like TS2 game but better and with more features. It was a random thought. What do you guys think?

Here's some pics from the PC version of TS2 Castaway
2v167ag.jpg
1tx3sh.jpg
25hffh1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    I was just thinking of the sims 2 castaway. I haven't played it in years so I forgot a lot of how the game goes. Looking at the pics on google, I thought to myself, Imagine if they made a sims 4 castaway game? Maybe it would be just like TS2 game but better and with more features. It was a random thought. What do you guys think?

Here's some pics from the PC version of TS2 Castaway
    2v167ag.jpg
    1tx3sh.jpg
    25hffh1.jpg

I love the orangutan part :)
  • Options
    LuciferMongooseLuciferMongoose Posts: 123 Member
    I think a survival-type Sims game where your sims get stranded would be totally awesome. However, I'd rather it not follow in the path of TS2:C, since that game gave far too little freedom with your sim's personality, which is one of the reasons I play The Sims in the first place. As much as Iove the idea of a "sims get stuck on an island game", it would have to not throw my Sims into a characterisation box for me to buy it.

Now, if there was something like this where you could make your own stories and have freedom with your sims' characterizations, I'd throw my money at it in an instant.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I bought a used PC copy last year and did a play through. So fun! I really enjoyed it.

Here are some screenshots...
    tumblr_nqxh71yD4F1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    tumblr_nqxt0ipzLr1ssiu0eo2_1280.png
    tumblr_nr3emwhZfX1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    tumblr_nr3f2xc4TO1ssiu0eo2_1280.png
    tumblr_nr3erbSES11ssiu0eo4_1280.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Monraelis12Monraelis12 Posts: 28 New Member
    I was thinking the same!! One day I just like woke up and thought - What about TS4 Castaway... I want it so bad! It would be so cool like when you're still on the ship you could walk in it with all the sims and see how the tragedy happens and omgad how many ideas I have... just a bit tired to write them all.. But yes I totally agree and down for this!
  • Options
    ElliecakeElliecake Posts: 59 Member
    I agree! This would be totally fun on TS4 and the breath of fresh air a lot of people seem to need when it comes to The Sims 4.
    Check out my channel, EllieSims , for your daily dose of CAS videos! ❤
  • Options
    Munchkin1224Munchkin1224 Posts: 86 Member
    I was thinking the same!! One day I just like woke up and thought - What about TS4 Castaway... I want it so bad! It would be so cool like when you're still on the ship you could walk in it with all the sims and see how the tragedy happens and omgad how many ideas I have... just a bit tired to write them all.. But yes I totally agree and down for this!
    Elliecake wrote: »
    I agree! This would be totally fun on TS4 and the breath of fresh air a lot of people seem to need when it comes to The Sims 4.

Yes! Maybe one day there will be a sims 4 game like this. It would be interesting
  • Options
    I bought a used PC copy last year and did a play through. So fun! I really enjoyed it.

Here are some screenshots...
    tumblr_nqxh71yD4F1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    tumblr_nqxt0ipzLr1ssiu0eo2_1280.png
    tumblr_nr3emwhZfX1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    tumblr_nr3f2xc4TO1ssiu0eo2_1280.png
    tumblr_nr3erbSES11ssiu0eo4_1280.png

Awesome! I haven't played in so long. I want to get another copy and play it again :)
  • Options
    I think a survival-type Sims game where your sims get stranded would be totally awesome. However, I'd rather it not follow in the path of TS2:C, since that game gave far too little freedom with your sim's personality, which is one of the reasons I play The Sims in the first place. As much as Iove the idea of a "sims get stuck on an island game", it would have to not throw my Sims into a characterisation box for me to buy it.

Now, if there was something like this where you could make your own stories and have freedom with your sims' characterizations, I'd throw my money at it in an instant.

True, TS4 needs to have its own path. I do think TS2 series had some great games though. But yes I do agree with making your own stories. It gives us simmers more of a chance to let our creativity flow and make our own story lines :)
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'd rather a survive the apocalypse type theme, than castaway.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Movotti wrote: »

Interesting idea. I never thought of that!

• Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member

Like someone else said in another thread, it'd be nice if they gave us several different survival situations. Desert island, snowy mountains, forest, desert. You could create your own apocalypse story from any of those situations, really. I just want to have to create my own technology like you did in ts2 castaway. You had to create a generator for power and a rain collector for water. That was the part of the game that I really enjoyed. If they do a survival sim, there needs to be a huge crafting system for your sim to make stuff from scratch. I would love this so much, I just don't want to have to follow a specific storyline like in castaway. I want to be able to create my own path for my sims.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Like someone else said in another thread, it'd be nice if they gave us several different survival situations. Desert island, snowy mountains, forest, desert. You could create your own apocalypse story from any of those situations, really. I just want to have to create my own technology like you did in ts2 castaway. You had to create a generator for power and a rain collector for water. That was the part of the game that I really enjoyed. If they do a survival sim, there needs to be a huge crafting system for your sim to make stuff from scratch. I would love this so much, I just don't want to have to follow a specific storyline like in castaway. I want to be able to create my own path for my sims.

I agree, I love the concept of sims having to literally build their own. It makes the game more complex and entertaining to play. There are people who really go through these things and it would be interesting to have a game where it gives us a idea of what things may be like in those kinds of lifestyles.