Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Project Diversity Strong. Looking for storytellers and photographers.

I've tagged some simmers that I thought may be interested in this but I warmly welcome everyone to participate! In a world where there is division and segregation among people, I want to make an inspiring video that showcases our differences in a positive and uplifting way, while also breaking down social stigmas and stereotypes. And I'm looking for like minded storytellers and photographers to join me. Let's make a powerful statement that no matter our differences; we are all human beings. I am calling this project 'Diversity Strong'!

Specifics are:
- Sims 3 and Sims 4 inclusive
- Humans only
- May submit content for a single sim or a sim couple per entry
- But may submit multiple entries
- You will need to provide a written bio for your sim or sims. (Example 1: "I am Sana and I am Muslim. I love music and art. I want to live in a peaceful world." Example 2: "I am Tyson and I am more than my skin colour. I have dreams and aspirations. And I can do anything; the sky is the limit." Example 3: "We are Josie and Janet. Our relationship is every much as valid as anyone else's. We are proud parents and know that love is love, and there is nothing more important." Example 4: "I am Marissa and I have 18 tattoos and 30 body piercings. I am college educated and I'm passionate about helping others. Please don't judge me by my outside appearance."
- Bios will accompany either a 60 second (or less) clip, or multiple screenshots of your sim/sims.
- Yes, you may edit your clip and screenies but please keep in mind that this project will be formatted in 1600x900. So caution when cropping!
- Crisp resolution for clips and images strongly preferred

*Please submit 'fictional' sims or you may submit your simself. I will not accept sims based off of celebrities or famous people in general since we do not have their endorsement :)

*I can add your bio to your clip or image if you are unable to.

*All entries will be compiled into a single video, which I'll upload to my YouTube channel, and I'll be properly crediting everyone that participates. You'll need to specify what username you want mentioned and a link to your channel or sim page.

There is no set deadline right now. But I hope to receive lots of submissions that cover all facets of diversity. If you're on board with me, I can be contacted several ways: in thread, privately via inbox, on my sim page here, and also on my YouTube channel here. I will be running through some ideas for a soundtrack, as well, and if you submit an entry -- you are welcome to make a suggestion on what type of 'music' would best fit a video like this. Obviously, we want something moving...but not depressing :)

@mastressalita @Spottydog714 @Jes2G @OJenn @strawberrigurl @Penguinwa101 @EmmaSmile @fabtiffsim @KenzRe @princess2109 @doicky96 @remi_narrow @Jendowoz0612 @alexis3142 @CitizenErased14

And if you know a simmer that would like something like this, please, send them this way! Thanks x
Post edited by Jellysimwich on

Comments

• Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm keen, @Jellysimwich. I love story-telling and photography. Sims is how I became a writer. Since I started playing Sims back when it first began, I have completed two books of around 80 chapters each and just need to send them to a publisher. Know anyone in publishing? So as I understand it, I make a single or a pair of Sims with a message of some form of equality value, diversity being the premise. Is that correct?

• Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Thank you for being Sims 3 inclusive. However, the largest my game resolution displays (and thus I can screencap in) is 1024x768 which is lower than your project resolution. Would it be impossible for me to make a submission due to this?
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    I would love to do that! Could I submit my simself? I'm Christian, mixed White and Asian and female (and a teen) so I could possibly make a video clip of that.
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    KenzReKenzRe Posts: 68 Member
    This is such a cool idea :D I'll think about it
  • Options
    JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    I'm keen, @Jellysimwich. I love story-telling and photography. Sims is how I became a writer. Since I started playing Sims back when it first began, I have completed two books of around 80 chapters each and just need to send them to a publisher. Know anyone in publishing? So as I understand it, I make a single or a pair of Sims with a message of some form of equality value, diversity being the premise. Is that correct?

I would love to have you aboard! And I do know someone that is involved in publishing ebooks. My sister practices law but she and a friend run a small publishing company together that accepts works of fiction. It was started several years ago, and I have not heard much else on it, but I can certainly get you in touch with her if you're interested. Just send me a private inbox :)

And yes, you got it! I'm looking for lots of diversity; sims of all walks of life with interesting backgrounds and stories to tell. And you may submit as many entries as you're able, however, each entry is limited to one sim or a sim couple.
  • Options
    Thank you for being Sims 3 inclusive. However, the largest my game resolution displays (and thus I can screencap in) is 1024x768 which is lower than your project resolution. Would it be impossible for me to make a submission due to this?

This will not stop you from participating. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I format in that resolution ratio. So anything landscape format should work, and any loss of detail is not a major setback. I may be able to enhance entries if they need a bit of touch up. I would love for you to be in on this!
  • Options
    I would love to do that! Could I submit my simself? I'm Christian, mixed White and Asian and female (and a teen) so I could possibly make a video clip of that.

Yes! Absolutely! You are welcome to submit your simself (in fact, I may do the same!), however, I will add to the list that we cannot use celebrities or other real people. Sims submitted must be fictional or based on yourself :)
  • Options
    KenzRe wrote: »
    This is such a cool idea :D I'll think about it

Think about it :) The more the merrier!
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    This sounds like a lot of fun! I'll definitely be participating!
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    This is super cool! :smiley: I will think about what sim or sims I'd like to enter :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @Pegasus143 @CitizenErased14 wonderful! Look forward to it :)
  • Options
    BronteDuffy96BronteDuffy96 Posts: 239 Member
    edited June 2018
    delete
    Post edited by BronteDuffy96 on
  • Options
    @doicky96 the beauty of this is there is no deadline. I'm not going to enforce one at this point. I just want to collect as many diverse sims as I can. So first things first :) Glad to have you!
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    When do you want us to start submitting, @Jellysimwich? Do we put it here or in a link to say...our blog?

• Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Interesting idea. You should probably create a hashtag on the gallery so you can find everyone's submissions quickly. About these bios, should they be as short as your examples?
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    When do you want us to start submitting, @Jellysimwich? Do we put it here or in a link to say...our blog?

You can submit on here or private message me. I'm also reachable at my FB page and on my YouTube channel.
  • Options
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Interesting idea. You should probably create a hashtag on the gallery so you can find everyone's submissions quickly. About these bios, should they be as short as your examples?

Just to clarify; I am not using people's actual sims. Everyone will submit a clip or screenshots of their sim or sims. That's what they'll be submitting. And the bios can be as short as what I've done, or you can expand a bit more. You'll just need to ensure that the text is legible and that there's enough time within the 60 second clip or screenshots for people to read without rushing. So probably not overly detailed, would be my suggestion.