Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pictures found in the game files!

PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
So, I was just going through the game files and I found a few pictures that I consider quite interesting and wanna share with you.
First there are a few pictures of what sims 4 looked like at early stages of development. It seems like we had a terrain editor. ???
5_zpscjhmmc7s.jpg
7_zpsvh9gvxht.jpg
Next is this. What exactly is this? Concept art? no? whatever it is I found it interesting.
8_zpsbznybs3f.jpg
4_zpsfhfa1dud.jpg
And for everyone who likes to watch their sims burn I attach these 2 pictures from the game files. haha
3_zpsbnji1bnb.jpg
Don't they look like a couple of spies trying to escape from the burning building after a super secret mission?
2_zpszgiaxfxp.jpg
I could not convert this to an jpg so I'm attaching a screen shot because it's hilarious:D Whatever this creature is, it looks evil!
Screenshot%202_zpscyicojcq.png

PS. I'm not nearly finished to go through all the files. I'll be adding more pictures later!:)
Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

Comments

• Options
    Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
    Quite interesting , thanks for sharing.
    I really love such things
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    These are great pics but I have no idea how to find anything in game files, or how to find the game files. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Yeah, we did have sloped lots etc.

I remember a Guru saying that unlevel terrain were difficult with the gallery and placing lots because a specific house would have to be built on a specific lot if it was sloped or used heaps of terrain editing, which defeats the purpose of the gallery.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    The two bottom picture are from the game UI.
    First is for the Agent career, second is from the game help screen.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Oooh someone's got a detectives eye! Lol.
    And if that was a terrain editor I pretty sure they could patch it in?
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

I remember a Guru saying that unlevel terrain were difficult with the gallery and placing lots because a specific house would have to be built on a specific lot if it was sloped or used heaps of terrain editing, which defeats the purpose of the gallery.

Hmm Gallery or unleveled lots... I would have gone with Unleveled lots. to heck with the Gallery. I can say that because I don't use the gallery much. :p
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    I'm sure I've seen that spy pic in the game. Isn't it part of the pic for the secret agent career when you are selecting jobs?
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    At least one of those two in the last image is a painting you can paint. I want to say it's a Pop Art painting maybe a mid-level or possible low-level one.

I love that lot in the second image. I would love more rural settings in the game at some point.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm sure I've seen that spy pic in the game. Isn't it part of the pic for the secret agent career when you are selecting jobs?

Is it? Sorry then. My bad. I guess I'm not very attentive. :#
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    A terrain editor?

How come all the good stuff kept getting removed

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    AshlieBoomAshlieBoom Posts: 143 Member
    Ha! That poor guy with all the deaths!
    I look forward to the next instalment of pictures. I love the ones that look like mini neighbourhoods, they're so cute!
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Hmm Gallery or unleveled lots... I would have gone with Unleveled lots. to heck with the Gallery. I can say that because I don't use the gallery much. :p

I agree, also because there will come a day when TS4's gallery shuts down, and it will act as nothing but useless bloat in the game. All older EA titles end their online support, and TS4 will not be any different.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

Gallery for me without a doubt ! I only use the terrain tools to make the lot flat :p
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member

Is it? Sorry then. My bad. I guess I'm not very attentive. :#
    Don't take my word for it, I'm not that sure! Just looks kinda familiar.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited July 2016
    3_zpsbnji1bnb.jpg
    The woman's hair isn't in the game!
    Edit: No it is in the game (?)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    edited July 2016
    Confirming it is a pop art painting :)
    01-03-16_2-35-59nbspPM_zpsjaa5tcdh.png
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

As someone who uses the Gallery quite a bit (because I can't build worth a lick) I appreciate the fact I can put any house on any lot -- I can even put a house built on a 30x20 lot on a 40x30 if I want to expand it or have a bigger backyard. In Sims 3 I would find what I thought was the perfect house on the Gallery, but when I placed it all sorts of weird things happened to the lot (like a sheer cliff at the back). It was horrible. :/
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    BatmanSimmerBatmanSimmer Posts: 248 Member
    The spy picture is in game, it is when you pick the secret agent career. But I REALLY wish the sims 4 worlds were done differently, because the way they are now I doubt we will get a terrain tool.
    Happy Simming!
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited July 2016
    8_zpsbznybs3f.jpg

This looks like a vacation spot sorta.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,623 Member
    Neia wrote: »

Gallery for me without a doubt ! I only use the terrain tools to make the lot flat :p

I use terrain tools to make lots look flat as well. But I don't use the Gallery that much either. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    8_zpsbznybs3f.jpg

It's Willow Creek.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    8_zpsbznybs3f.jpg

It's Willow Creek.

Now that I've looked at it more closely I see that it is.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

5_zpscjhmmc7s.jpg

And all that could have been.

I'm just going to go and cry in my bed now... this makes me sad.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    I would be totally happy to keep flat terrain IF we could still use world editor, and more importantly we could place lots where we wanted them!!

I love the Sims but I truly despair of the lack of options we have in Sims 4. Lets hope Sims 5 is all the things we have missed from Sims 4 and not a quickly abandoned online game previously known as Olympus *shakes head at screen*
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,985 Member
    I love using the gallery, I find so many great lots.