May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you all think the next EP will be good?

Okay so honestly, I am a tad bit worried that the next EP is going to be either good or bad. I'm hoping it will be really good and worth buying. If it's something useless and doesn't make sense at all I think I am completely done with the Sims 4......

Anyways what do you all think the next EP would possibly be to make the game way better?

(sorry if my grammar is bad and stuff. It's 4 am....)

Comments

• Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    50/50 chance it'll be good. I believe that if you like the game and like new stuff it is what it is, and it'll be good. But if all you want is what you want, no matter what, it won't be what you want.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    rshell193rshell193 Posts: 284 Member
    @king_of_simcity7
    "Katy Perry Toddler Pets Expansion Pack!!!"
    Jk XD
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm on the fence here. I stopped playing Ts4 shortly after Kids Room was released and I haven't bought the latest Stuff pack (this is a first for me). The next EP is a make it or break or situation for me. It will most likely be the first EP fully developed after the base game was launched so it might include some of the long-awaited features that fans have been requesting. Or it might not. One thing is for sure, if the next EP doesn't surprise me and is just another pointless EP like GT (I know clubs are great etc but they were not needed at this point in game where so many stuff is still missing), I'll probably unistall Ts4 and spend my money on new content for Ts3.
  • Options
    QDog wrote: »
    I'm on the fence here. I stopped playing Ts4 shortly after Kids Room was released and I haven't bought the latest Stuff pack (this is a first for me). The next EP is a make it or break or situation for me. It will most likely be the first EP fully developed after the base game was launched so it might include some of the long-awaited features that fans have been requesting. Or it might not. One thing is for sure, if the next EP doesn't surprise me and is just another pointless EP like GT (I know clubs are great etc but they were not needed at this point in game where so many stuff is still missing), I'll probably unistall Ts4 and spend my money on new content for Ts3.

Yeah I'm really hoping after all this time without an EP they looked at what people have wanted and what they couldn't add in for the release and add most of it in the new EP. The recent stuff and game packs are just keeping some of us Simmers busy and stuff. Get Together could have easily been put on hold and I feel like people wouldn't have gotten upset about it..
  • Options
    NatachaNatacha Posts: 64 Member
    Im also on a tipping point regarding sims right now..
    I really hope the next EP is "the best EP ever" or something like that.
    Everytime i play lately, i feel like the game is missing so many perspectives that (in my opinion) should have been in the base game. So, im not buying any more packs (not even kidsroom) until i see what the next EP is.. But hopefully, when they take so much time making it, it should be rather good.. i hope. :D
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @QDog don't worry there are many players who have gone back to TS3 and there are some p,ayers like me who have never left! :grin:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Natacha yess I totally agree!!! :smiley:

I'm only getting backyard stuff because lf the waterslide and other little things though :)
  • Options
    NatachaNatacha Posts: 64 Member
    @rshell193 Yes, im having a hard time too.. looking at those cute little birdfeeders. But no. I will simply wait :p
    Also, i am studying so it might actually be good not spending money on stuffpacks, atleast for a while :D
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    @QDog don't worry there are many players who have gone back to TS3 and there are some p,ayers like me who have never left! :grin:

I recently got all the SPs for TS3 through Steam Summer Sale for $5 each. o:)
    Enjoying TS3 right now, might just use my birthday money I got from my grandpa to buy more content through the TS3 Store. Finally going to get Midnight Hollow! <3

As for TS4's next EP? I'm on the border too, if its not 'aw worthy' I'll step away and wait for another year or two before coming back to see what has changed since then. I just can't stand the limitations and repetitive goal oriented gameplay that TS4 has. it's not a nonlinear life simulation, it's a linear goal completing simulation. Even TS1 offered more freedom and less restrictions, then again the emotions didn't get in the way and out of control unlike in TS4 which feels like a TV drama series on AMC. :'(
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options

I'm also back to playing TS3 and I'm having a blast!. I have al EPs (except supernatural and into the future which don't interest me) and a great deal of store content. However I haven't bought any extra store content and there are some sets and worlds I would like to get. I haven't done so already because they are expensive and I don't want to spend money on two sims games at once (TS4 and Ts3) but if the next TS4 EP is another failure, I'll just unistall the game and go back to spending my money on Ts3 store.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Not sure what the next EP will be.......all I know, is it needs to give me that "WOW" effect, or I am out of here!

I have been hanging by a thread, but I see the thread breaking pretty quick! As much as I have tried to love this game, I just can't get into it! I don't think they really know what "gameplay" is. I need stuff to grab my attention, surprise and shock me while playing the game, give me reason to play every day and all night long at times. I am not sure what they could do to give me that, as there have been so many suggestions....that seem to go by unnoticed in these forums!

I never went back to another game, but after Sims4, I tried to go back............so if this next EP doesn't do it.......I am done! Let the group with their vision take over, as I have invested enough over the years!

Tired of "trying" to be positive and hanging on to hope and potential!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,688 Member
    If they switch the SP team to work on the EP, then maybe yeah. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Empty by The Click Five
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I just hope it won't be a theme that don't interest me at all, like magic, supernatural or superheroes. But apart from that, I'm reasonably sure next EPs is going to have things I enjoy and things I don't care about, just like the ones before :smile:
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    QDog wrote: »

I'm also back to playing TS3 and I'm having a blast!. I have al EPs (except supernatural and into the future which don't interest me) and a great deal of store content. However I haven't bought any extra store content and there are some sets and worlds I would like to get. I haven't done so already because they are expensive and I don't want to spend money on two sims games at once (TS4 and Ts3) but if the next TS4 EP is another failure, I'll just unistall the game and go back to spending my money on Ts3 store.

Welcome back to the greatest Sims game ever made! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Neia yeah I hope it isn't supernatural or anything like that as well. I could see that coming out at a later date when they have better control over random bugs and have more content..
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I think it will likely be something in between. Some people will say it's terrible and trash it, some will be over the moon in love with it, most will find some good things that they love and like, and they will find some things they loathe or just don't care about. That's the way it usually happens.
  • Options
    littlearchitectlittlearchitect Posts: 277 Member
    edited July 2016
    It has been a very long time since get together so I bet they are taking their sweet time making EP3 awesome...
    WELL They Better Be! :/
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon__gif___fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dayfe38.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,481 Member
    rshell193 wrote: »
    Okay so honestly, I am a tad bit worried that the next EP is going to be either good or bad. I'm hoping it will be really good and worth buying. If it's something useless and doesn't make sense at all I think I am completely done with the Sims 4......

Anyways what do you all think the next EP would possibly be to make the game way better?

(sorry if my grammar is bad and stuff. It's 4 am....)

Spectacular. I'm expecting 2 themes to be in one EP eg vacations/seasons.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited July 2016
    It depends on what they release content or focus wise.

I hope they don't bring out an EP that focuses on young adults/partying etc. We need to augment the other life stages. Im not just talking about the T word, but what about elders or teenagers? We really need stuff for elders, like new walk styles, CAS items, walking sticks, new craft hobbies , retirement homes and retreats, the ability to write a will and leave an inheritance etc. Right now theyre just adults with grey hair that pee a lot. I get bored of them too quickly.

Please no more party stuff. Partying is fun but my Sims don't do that ALL the time. My motto is, you're only young once. Older Sims need fun too, and not all of them want to drink cocktails and hit the dance floor or Woohoo in bushes.

And they need to fix weddings. I don't bother with that rubbish anymore. They never work for me.

I still want Seasons though.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I definitely want an inheritance system and they need to bring a memory system back (one like in Sims 2), which would benefit elders as they could talk about past experiences.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Yes because it's gonna be Generations!

tumblr_o0i461QB4S1rj09xno1_500.gif
  • Options
    It depends on what they release content or focus wise.

I hope they don't bring out an EP that focuses on young adults/partying etc. We need to augment the other life stages. Im not just talking about the T word, but what about elders or teenagers? We really need stuff for elders, like new walk styles, CAS items, walking sticks, new craft hobbies , retirement homes and retreats, the ability to write a will and leave an inheritance etc. Right now theyre just adults with grey hair that pee a lot. I get bored of them too quickly.

Please no more party stuff. Partying is fun but my Sims don't do that ALL the time. My motto is, you're only young once. Older Sims need fun too, and not all of them want to drink cocktails and hit the dance floor or Woohoo in bushes.

And they need to fix weddings. I don't bother with that rubbish anymore. They never work for me.

I still want Seasons though.

I really like your ideas for elders! That would definitely improve the game for me. Perhaps they could include all those in a Golden Years GP ;)
  • Options
    ND81ND81 Posts: 13 New Member
    For elders and teens I really want them to add an age filter on certain items in case, much like they've done with the gender filter. Some of the clothes etc are really not appropriate for the age range. Granny in hot pants and boobtube no thank you.
    Also I agree with the less partying packs. I find when playing in so busy upping skills and needs that I don't have time to party.
    I'd really like seasons ep with actual holidays ie Christmas etc. They could utilise the club system and restaurants for these. Also a free style ep would be cool. Since its basically a closed lot not stuff to do at home is limited. The thing I really want back tho is my sims 2 apartment's but I want to be able to have shops, cafés etc under them. And it would be great if we could set lot sizes, never been a fan of massive lots.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    My 1st fear is if there will be an EP this year or not :s

I had a gut feeling that in 2016 we are going to see toddlers back, So I was expecting Generations EP to be next. I still have the gut feeling but what I hear and see say totally a different thing!

2nd Fear
    is the theme of the EP: They said it is going to be a new crazy idea they never did :s Plz tell me it is not a superhero or starwars. That will kill TS4 for me.

3rd fear
    is whether it is good or not!!!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif