Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird Waterslide Glitch :-(

Comments

• Options
    SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm also having this issue. My PC graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 4600, updated to the latest version 15.36.31.4414 (May 2016, I believe).
    Post edited by SimCarlex on
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    @KeyserFn It's in your own interest to update your drivers. Those are pre-Win 10 drivers that you have and since you have Win 10, I strongly advice you update.

I don't know how to do that so I will not be doing that in the fear of messing my computer up .Sims 4 works on my computer it's just this one bug for this one item but thanks for the information
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    KeyserFn wrote: »

It's alot of stuff to post and I'm not making endless posts

But I'm not asking you to post anything else. :/
    I was going on what you already posted.
    I am sorry you have this issue, but you are being a bit hostile to those trying to help. :s
    Good Day.

When did I say it's not supported I don't recall I'm saying that.I was not hostile to you .I didn't know if you wanted me to post more or not .If it came off hostile earlier I was frustrated I'm not perfect lol I'm calm now

YOU didn't say it's not supported, your DXDIAG did. Which you only posted a smidge of. I know there's more. That can't possibly be all that printed out. They aren't endless posts, at most it'll take you 4 or possibly 5. The "juicy" stuff is usually (but not always) something found in the error messages toward the BOTTOM of the whole report.

You honestly HAVE come across as overly hostile in several posts to this thread.

I've been trying to look over it and help you in spite of your attitude, but it seems you don't want to know (even though you asked...) what YOU might do to HELP get a fix for YOUR issue (which I'm not having... I could have been playing rather than in here trying to tell you the easiest way I know how to get the info that could be useful to the people who need it) in the books sooner, you just want to complain about EA and others.

That isn't helpful. And maybe neither is this post, but come on. I don't do dxdiag interpretations, that's way out of my league. But I do what I can, and it's not much fun trying to help anybody who'd rather argue every step of the way.

My opinion, feel free to take it or leave it. But I'm done with this part of this thread.

Good luck, I hope EA gets their issue with your video setup fixed soon. (Yes, I really DO sincerely mean that. Hate to see anybody have trouble with playing this game.)

Go back and read I said in a post there's more but I don't want to make endless posts.Meaning I wish you could do it all one post.Honestly if the slide keeps having issues for me I can do without it as long as everything else works.Sorry for the confussion

I'm sorry if you think I've been hostile as I said in your previous post if that was you if I came off that I'm sorry I was frustrated but I'm calm now .Also as I said if the bug keeps going for me and I'm speaking just for me I can live without the slide {I'm adding this}till the issue is fix if it can be thanks for your help I posted all the info I thought I posted all that was needed the first time to save endless posts as I stated .Thank you for your help

They weren't endless posts. There WERE a few of them and they were walloftext variety, but, that's how everybody posts dxdiags here when they need help. Nature of the beast, and perfectly acceptable here. (I agree, it does seem like a waste of post space, but I guess they've got it to burn.)

I wouldn't have any idea which parts of my dxdiag would be important to (whatever) issues, so I'd have to post it all. That IS what the genuises (if they can make sense of those things, that makes them pretty smart in my book!) tell us all to do with them. All over the forums. :)

Some of my PMs to Deaderpool over MC issues are like that, I don't know what matters to an issue, so, occasionally he gets mail bombed by his neurotic Cheerleader. LOL! And you may have noticed... I don't do short posts. :p

Thank you for the apology. I apologize, too.

I totally get game-related frustration... but we WERE just trying to help you... for me, it turned into "let me help you, 🐸🐸🐸🐸!" kinda, though... for that "vibe" I really am sorry. :)

I went off and re-updated my MC Troubleshooter doc while I was cooling my heels. And it looks like you found some help here after all.

If you and I are cool, which I hope is true... it's all good, from where I sit.

*sighs* Either did I when i posted it the first time but anyway it felt like endless post to me.Thank you for your help.I figure the issue will get fixed by EA or whoever or I just wont' use the slide no biggie.Hope they fix it for others though

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    @KeyserFn It's in your own interest to update your drivers. Those are pre-Win 10 drivers that you have and since you have Win 10, I strongly advice you update.

I don't know how to do that so I will not be doing that in the fear of messing my computer up .Sims 4 works on my computer it's just this one bug for this one item but thanks for the information

Don't you have any tech-enabled friends? (Buy a 14yo a bag of doritos... "here, fix this!" :p yeah, << this is me being a smartypants, :D but it's NOT a bad idea...)

Seriously, I'd be more afraid of NOT updating drivers than I would of doing it. Most programs for updating are just click and go. But I'm not the one to tell you how to do it for your machine. :) Out of my league.

I just know if crinrict were to tell me to do something, I'd be OMW "out the door" to take care of that, because she said so, if for no other reason. She's SMART.

You (still) keep saying NO. How 'bout a YES? :) I just don't want to see you melt your machine. None of us do.

FWIW, my mother is the least tech-enabled person I know... she still has a VCR, and she STILL needs a neighbor to come reprogram it when her power's gone out. <shrug> (She's 2 hours away, or I'd be the one doing it.)

Just think about it...

Oh, just to out myself as a human being who DOES make mistakes, let me tell you MY most recent space cadet moment... not long ago I melted a fan on this laptop. Had no idea it had gone out, cooling pad worked fine. (Dur?) :p

I noticed the machine seemed hotter, but we'd had more game stuff added, so I thought it was just from that. More stuff=more power to run it. True, but in THIS case, it took the computer turning itself off with a new TOO HOT message before I realized something was REALLY wrong. 4 days in the shop, a new fan, and -$100 later, back in business. Never again.

(I was stuck using a tablet. I type 70+ wpm usually. Stylus with one hand was NOT FUN. Better than being forced offline totally, but still, OMG was I glad to see the laptop come home!!) :)

Take care of your stuff so it can take care of you. That's all.

Have a great day! (Really. :) )

• Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    Could you try playing around with your graphics option ? Turn laptop mode on, change to lower or higher, ...
    Could you try playing around with your graphics option ? Turn laptop mode on, change to lower or higher, ...

@crinrict I do not have the game yet, planning on getting it Fri.
    but I would like to know do you have the Backyard stuff pack?
    As you seem to be trying to help others, are you having the same problem?
    or did you have the same problem? curious as to who has this problem or not.
    As I do not have the game as yet, not sure if I want to get it if everyone is having this problem, until it is fixed

I'm not crinrict, but I can tell you it isn't happening to EVERYBODY. It seems to be limited to Intel/NVIDIA, and only a certain range of those. If you're worried, you could post your dxdiag and have it looked over before you buy the pack.

If someone wants to correct my limited stab at helpful info... feel free. :) I have AMD. I also haven't played with a slide yet. Just wanted to try to ease your mind that this hasn't hit EVERYBODY.

SGNick says it's in QA's hands now. They'll fix it.

Just adding that I play on a laptop with Intel/nvidia and I'm not having this problem, so it's def not affecting everyone. :)
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I do not have the Backyard Stuff Pack, but plan on getting it tomorrow.
    Can you tell if I will have any trouble.
    Hope this is enough info.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.160630-1736)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model: G751JL
    BIOS: G751JL.202
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16334MB RAM
    Page File: 4822MB used, 13942MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.10586.0000 64bit Unicode
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 965M
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D9&SUBSYS_171D1043&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 10136 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1969 MB
    Shared Memory: 8166 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: unknown
    Monitor Id: LGD046C
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.020Hz)
    Output Type: Internal
    Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
    Driver File Version: 10.18.0013.5582 (English)
    Driver Version: 10.18.13.5582
    DDI Version: 12
  • Options
    I do not have the Backyard Stuff Pack, but plan on getting it tomorrow.
    Can you tell if I will have any trouble.
    Hope this is enough info.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.160630-1736)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model: G751JL
    BIOS: G751JL.202
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16334MB RAM
    Page File: 4822MB used, 13942MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.10586.0000 64bit Unicode
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 965M
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D9&SUBSYS_171D1043&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 10136 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1969 MB
    Shared Memory: 8166 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: unknown
    Monitor Id: LGD046C
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.020Hz)
    Output Type: Internal
    Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
    Driver File Version: 10.18.0013.5582 (English)
    Driver Version: 10.18.13.5582
    DDI Version: 12

I have no clue .I'm sure someone else can help with that

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited July 2016

As I do not have the game as yet, not sure if I want to get it if everyone is having this problem, until it is fixed

I do have the pack and I do not have the issue but I'm playing on a dedicated Nvidia card (with updated drivers) and not an Intel Chip

You have a dedicated Nvidia so that's good but I don't see a date on the drivers you posted and I can't go googling how old those are right now
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options

I do have the pack and I do not have the issue but I'm playing on a dedicated Nvidia card (with updated drivers) and not an Intel Chip

You have a dedicated Nvidia so that's good but I don't see a date on the drivers you posted and I can't go googling how old those are right now

@crinrict Sorry about that, did not know what to include
    Will this help

Driver Date/Size: 8/25/2015 12:00:00 AM, 15630616 bytes

• Options

@crinrict Sorry about that, did not know what to include
    Will this help

Driver Date/Size: 8/25/2015 12:00:00 AM, 15630616 bytes

Nobody would mind at all if you posted ALL of your dxdiag info (which is "what to include" BTW). :) It's a "more (info) is better" case for sure.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Sorry but it will not let me it says Body is 45477 characters too long

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Here is all my dxdiag info

Updating your drivers would be good thing. You can do so through your Nvidia experience
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Here is all my dxdiag info

Updating your drivers would be good thing. You can do so through your Nvidia experience

@crinrict I can't thank you enough. I downloaded the Nividia experience and it was so easy and it says it will keep my driver updated.
  • Options

@Evalen how come your end quote box always comes up so FAR down the page? I moved this one up, but it's done that in every message I've seen from you since last night. Just curious!

You may not need to do it now, but if you want to, you've got to cut the dxdiag file up and paste it into separate messages. Maybe half a dozen, although it might not take that many. Mine (laptop) usually takes 4, maybe 5 posts (depending on what's happened to foul things up).

If you open your dxdiag file with Notepad or something, it's not hard to cut it off before a heading, when you think you've copied enough of it into a post. Posts will hold a LOT, but a dxdiag is HUGE. (As you saw. :) )

• Options

@Evalen how come your end quote box always comes up so FAR down the page? I moved this one up, but it's done that in every message I've seen from you since last night. Just curious!

You may not need to do it now, but if you want to, you've got to cut the dxdiag file up and paste it into separate messages. Maybe half a dozen, although it might not take that many. Mine (laptop) usually takes 4, maybe 5 posts (depending on what's happened to foul things up).

If you open your dxdiag file with Notepad or something, it's not hard to cut it off before a heading, when you think you've copied enough of it into a post. Posts will hold a LOT, but a dxdiag is HUGE. (As you saw. :) )
    @egwarhammer I'm fine now, I updated my Nividia and I am good to go
    Please let me know if this is far down on the page, not sure what you mean as I do not see it that way on my computer. Let me know if this is that way.

• Options
    edited July 2016

Please let me know if this is far down on the page, not sure what you mean as I do not see it that way on my computer. Let me know if this is that way.

It's better. This time there are 3 lines between the end of your message and the end quote tag. Last time it showed up after about half a page of blank space. Random thing, I guess. (Are you on a phone?) Edit: no, she SAID "computer." LOL!
  • Options

It's better. This time there are 3 lines between the end of your message and the end quote tag. Last time it showed up after about half a page of blank space. Random thing, I guess. (Are you on a phone?) Edit: no, she SAID "computer." LOL!
    @egwarhammer Ok, I guess I get it, the quote tag
    Is this better
  • Options

Is this better

Much. :) Well, you COULD add A space, maybe... (just for less cluttery-feel). (I moved it down 2 lines.)
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Is this better

Much. :) Well, you COULD add A space, maybe... (just for less cluttery-feel). (I moved it down 2 lines.)
    @egwarhammer OK I changed the quote setting, what does this do.
  • Options

Is this better

Looks lovely. <3
  • Options

Is this better

Looks lovely. <3
    @egwarhammer about time. Well I hope that I did not ruin this forum on the water slide. Sorry everyone.

• Options

Is this better

Looks lovely. <3
    @egwarhammer about time. Well I hope that I did not ruin this forum on the water slide. Sorry everyone.

Same here. Sorry all! Carry on...
  • Options
    ChristyMarie002ChristyMarie002 Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm having this issue as well. My graphics are Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600. I updated my card this morning after I read someone suggest it. It's still not working. I have a full DXDiag. Where should I post and/or send it to?
  • Options
    SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    I'm having this issue as well. My graphics are Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600. I updated my card this morning after I read someone suggest it. It's still not working. I have a full DXDiag. Where should I post and/or send it to?

I also have that Intel chip and after I updated the driver I had my game freeze twice; I then went back to my previous version of the driver (10.18.14.4264) and it never froze again. The waterslide bug is present with both versions, btw.
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm not filling out some dumb QA form that will do no good why not just fix the problem .Right now I'm a dissatisfied customer but I doubt EA cares about customers

If everyone had that attitude then no bugs would ever get fixed. Thankfully though not everyone has the same myopic approach to fixing software glitches as you. And just because your computer is new and can play other packs doesn't mean anything. This glitch appears to affect integrated Intel graphics chips, of which you most probably have one. Which means that your new computer isn't particularly powerful when it comes to gaming because dedicated AMD or NVIDIA GPUs are preferable. If your PC also has a dedicated GPU then now would be the time to learn how to switch to it (just seen your computer's specs... it doesn't) :)

Let me try and explain this is in the simplest terms for you:
    • 100 people report a specific problem in the game and they all have Intel graphics
    • Another 100 people don't have the problem and they don't have Intel graphics
    • What is the common denominator for the people who are experiencing the glitch?
    • How did we find out the common denominator? By people providing their computers specs (DxDiag/System Report) which is why it has everything to do with your computer.
    apple-signature.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top