Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HOLLAND FAMILY CHALLENGE STORY! *UPDATED 9/19*

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Emorrill, that's ok, life always seems to love throwing curve balls at us, doesn't it? I know I hate dealing with struggles myself. My husband and I just got through our own, and it lasted way longer than I wanted. At the moment I still fill like I'm climbing out the pit that we was in. Anyways, take care, and don't worry about it, we'll be here waiting when you are ready and able.
  • Options
    katgirlkatgirl Posts: 431 Member
    edited April 2016
    Aww @emorrill its ok!! Prayers and hugs to you from Kat!! Take as much time as you need!! I don't think anyone is going anywhere, right? We will be here when YOU are ready. Don't let anyone push you too far! And if they do I will punch them in da face!!

Start by doing what's necessary; Then do what's possible; And suddenly you are doing the impossible. -Francis of Assisi
    29goifo.jpg

Check out my rescue center for all animals!!
    http://moonbeamrr.weebly.com/

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    Thank you @katgirl <3

giphy.gif
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    I couldn't agree more. Lol
    29goifo.jpg

• Options
    KnippybunnyKnippybunny Posts: 65 Member
    @emorill How are you?! ;P
  • Options
    @emorill How are you?! ;P

Hey @Knippybunny :) Oh...I'm hanging in there. ;) Thanks for asking. <3 I keep thinking about how much you love the Holland Family story and I HOPE to get working on more of it in the coming month...just as soon as I start feeling better. Stay tuned and I will always tag all of you when I have a new chapter up. :)
  • Options
    LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    Just read all of the chapters so far. Love it! <3 I hope they find Sue :#
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • Options
    Ariel0105Ariel0105 Posts: 329 Member
    Hello!! and I hope they find Sue, but.... sorry I haven't been on,I've been busy, but...... guess what!! I got to go see the Kentucky derby, in person.
    But, @emorril good luck and I'm praying for you guys
    amazing-horse-pictures.jpg
    my wishlist
    my wishlist
  • Options
    KnippybunnyKnippybunny Posts: 65 Member
    We miss you @emorill!
  • Options
    Hey everyone. Long time no see. I had to jump on and let you know what's been going on.

My health hasn't been the greatest lately. :( I've been feeling super exhausted no matter how much sleep I get and I've just been sleeping a ton! I'm starting to think I have a thyroid problem and see my doctor on Wednesday. If it's not my thyroid I can't imagine what else it could be. Hopefully noting too serious. Prayers are appreciated. <3

Also, we have been in the process of buying a new home! :smiley: So that's been keeping me fairly busy. Hubby and I are SO excited!!!

Thank you @Knippybunny <3
  • Options
    Aww hope you feel better!! Yay!! New house!! Prayers out to you and your family.
    29goifo.jpg

• Options
    LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    Get well soon! :)
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • Options
    Thank you for the well wishes everyone. <3

I haven't forgotten about you or the Holland Family. :) I think about both often actually.

I am starting to feel MUCH better! It's a good thing because starting this Wednesday I am heading off to my home business (Usborne Books & More) convention for 4 days!! :smiley: I'm SUPER excited and hoping to get pumped up and work my business more. But yeah, I do plan to get started with the Holland Family Story: Next Generation as well when I return. :)

Stay tuned everyone!
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Good Luck @emorrill
    You're awesome!
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    Ah, I remember when I was more of a quieter reader, but I stopped reading when Molly got herself knocked up! I can't wait to finish reading this, keep up the good work!
  • Options
    @KatNip I LUVVV ur sims hair!!
    29goifo.jpg

• Options
    @katgirl
    Thank you! You can get it here. <3http://www.kittyklan.com/grooming
  • Options
    Hey everyone.

Ugh...I LOATHE moving!!!! We've done it twice (well 3 times now) in the past 3 years!! :(
    Yes, I am excited for us to get into our new home, but man...I can't WAIT for the whole moving process to be over, for us to get settled in and I can play Sims 3 again!!

I miss my Pony sims...I miss my Holland family sims... but most of all...I miss all of you. <3
    I PROMISE I'll be back on here and posting as soon as I can be!

Until then, Happy Simming to all of you. :)
  • Options
    Ariel0105Ariel0105 Posts: 329 Member
    edited July 2016
    Ugh me to @emorrill XD
    (as in I HAT.Eh moving XD)
    amazing-horse-pictures.jpg
    my wishlist
    my wishlist
  • Options
    Take your time @emorrill . I know the struggle. I have been from Kentucky to Illinois to Misssippi.
    29goifo.jpg

• Options
    Ok fans!

So I am going through ALL the photos I have for the Next Generation of the Holland Family RIGHT NOW and am trying to come up with the stories!

Favorite this page and I'll keep you posted! Stay tuned! Yay! :smiley:
  • Options
    Awesome, I can't wait!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Posted the update by accident when I wasn't finished. Whoops! Gotta keep writing.... ;)

• Options
    Noo! That was such a tease :s
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    The Holland Family Sims 3 Story
    The Next Generation
    Written by: emorrill

Chapter 1

Michael Holland stood on the back deck of his twenty year old home, hands pressed down on the railing; leaning on it while gazing up at the stars. This had become the normal thing to do at sundown once the stars had appeared...ever since one particular night outside with Jenni two years ago...

Do_you_think_shes_out_there.jpg

"Do you think she's out there?" Jenni asked Michael, referring to their runaway daughter Sue. "Alive and living well?" She couldn't ever accept that her only, biological daughter could be dead, even though the police gave up searching for her months ago. No body had turned up and that gave them great hope.

"I'm sure she is," Michael said assuredly. "She could even be looking up at the very same stars in this very moment just like us. Perhaps thinking about us."
    "I do hope so," Jenni said, trying not to get choked up. "IF she misses us. If that is the case, I wish and pray she would just come home!"
    Michael squeezed his wife's hand tightly. "I pray for that too," he whispered, then kissed her cheek.
    It was in that moment that Michael gazed up at the largest star he could see and said a prayer to God on behalf of his daughter. He prayed earnestly for her safety and return. Even though Sue was not his biological daughter, he had always loved and cared for her as if she were his own flesh and blood.

And that is what Michael Holland has done every night for the past two years. He would continue to do so until Sue came home. <3

The past two years have been good ones, regardless of Sue being gone. It all started with the arrival of Derrick and Jade's triplets: Madison, Mason and Allison. It was a struggle for the young couple to care for the triplets as infants, but they were SO thankful to have tons of family members close by who were willing to help. They were truly "Lifesavers!" as Derrick would often say. Now, at two and a half years of age, the triplets have started crawling and causing a bit of chaos, but...this is how life was now and honestly, Derrick and Jade wouldn't want it any other way. They were also very proud of Bruce, their adoptive son, in all the help he had provided with the babies and also in keeping them occupied. A few months back Derrick had become the new Fire Chief in Twinbrook and was now able to work from home, which was helpful in keeping himself away from most fires which flare up his COPD. Jade of course was a full time mom and considered it the best, even though it certainly had its stressful moments, job she'd ever had.

Life was going great for Bailey and Goodwin Goode. Their little daughter, Celeste, wasn't so little anymore. She was in grade school now and currently competing in beauty pageants. Of course Michael and Jenni would argue that she was the most beautiful girl in all the competitions. Life was also looking up for Molly and Tay, especially with Tay's recent promotion in the Science field. Their son Shawn, also just started attending grade school and was doing very well academically. Time was going by WAY too fast, Michael always thought. It was a joy for him to work alongside his second oldest daughter, Andrea, from time to time when he made visits to the Hospital. Mostly though he worked at his private practice with Jenni, who expressed interest in starting residency, but the two agreed that might be a bit much for them to handle right now...if ever. They certainly weren't as young as they used to be!

Some gossips around town joked that the eligible bachelorette Doctor Andrea Holland (formerly Andrea Vaughn, after her late husband) was married to her work. And if one approached Andrea about it she would most likely agree. She loved her job, loved her patients, loved the science of the human body and how to fix it. Her job was the best thing in the world to keep her from thinking about how she greatly missed her dear Daniel...her college sweetheart who was killed in a car accident. Michael found joy in how successful Andrea was becoming in her medical career, like she was following in his footsteps, but wondered...if she would ever feel truly happy again and IF...she would ever marry again.

Tristan, Michael's youngest son from his previous wife Bronwyn, who died many years ago, but him and Jenni's second to the youngest son, well...the two just couldn't seem to wrap their brain around that kid. They still referred to him as a kid because even though he was twenty years old now, he refused to grow up! Michael approached him about how it might be time to get a real job and start looking for his own place which only caused an argument between the two. It didn't help that later that day, it was Michael's turn to do the free vaccination clinic at the park. It was one of his LEAST favorite things to do and while still feeling frustrated with Tristan, he tried REAL hard not to let it out on his patients!

old_michael_innocutaing_1.jpg

Tristan still acted like a high schooler. He liked to party around with his friends, was still dating Emerald Greenwood (Jade's younger sister) and refused to go to college saying he needed to follow his dream as a musician. Michael and Jenni wouldn't mind that so much if it provided well (thinking about his future with Emerald), but Tristan assured them he was good enough to make it big. The old couple weren't entirely convinced. He struggled to get some gigs. Emerald was currently working toward a degree at the local college and didn't seem to have an issue with her lover pursing his dream, but honestly, by this time, Michael had hoped his son would've settled down with his childhood sweetheart so they could begin raising a family. There was one time at a family gathering when Tristan expressed that he felt marriage was overrated. The look on his parents' face caused him to keep quiet about it since. Michael worried about his son, mostly for Emerald's sake, although it appeared that she agreed with the whole "marriage being overrated" thing. That worried him even more. Jenni finally suggested to Michael that they just offer counsel and advice to the young couple and let them ultimately decide what they want to do. She added that whatever they decide she and him should be supportive. Sometimes that stepping away is the hardest thing for a parent to do, but Michael had to get over it. In spite of all that drama, he still had hope for their youngest son, Ken, who was him and Jenni's son and first child by blood. Ken was always the introvert, excelling in school, but not having many friends. His favorite thing in the world was Fishing! He could do it all day, rain or shine, sleet or snow. It was a favorite pastime of his and Michael's. They did it as often as Michael's job would permit. And if the world couldn't believe that a high school student like him STILL loved fishing and the outdoors, all they had to do was look at his bedroom!

Ken_s_room.jpg

Through it all, the good times and the bad, Michael always looked upon his family with pride. He was impressed with and proud of each and every one of them, especially the kind of good people they all turned out to be. He couldn't have been more thankful to God for that. He and Bronwyn and he and Jenni had truly been blessed in raising their children. <3

Recently, the reality of his aging self, was really starting to get to Michael. It all started when the hair dying just wasn't working out and he couldn't do anything but allow the gray hairs to come. The photographer taking his photo, to display at the clinic, was trying to make a joke by saying, "Gee Doctor Holland, your hair has certainly gotten lighter since your last portrait!" Then her face fell, seeing that the great Doctor was not amused.

Michael_becomes_a_senior_2.jpg
    She apologized profusely, but Michael assured her it was ok. He meant it.

To make matters worse he was starting to gain weight and...that's something he's always been able to manage. Now he had to get himself back into a regular exercise routine. Of course, being a doctor, routines frequently get interrupted.

old_michael_on_phone.jpg

One night while soaking in the bathtub, Michael had a long, personal chat with himself.

hot_old_michael_in_tub.jpg

'With how fast time is flying," he spoke in his head, 'I'll hit retirement age quicker than I thought.' He thought that would make him smile, feel relieved, but instead...it caused his face to fall. 'I...I could never retire.' He paused. 'My patients mean too much to me and I can honestly say I love my job. Of course my family will always come first, but I can't just up and stop seeing my patients either who are also my dear friends.' The next thought that came caused him to smile brightly. With a newfound energy, he lifted himself from the bath, pulled the plug and stepped out of the tub while saying aloud, "I won't retire! I'll just work until the day I die!" It amazed him how much that filled his heart with joy. He was pretty sure Jenni would be ok with that. "Yup," he said, taking in a breath, "everything is going to be just fine!"

One afternoon Michael spent a few moments in Sue's room, which had been left untouched since she disappeared. There was an unfinished painting on the Easel. He shook his head knowing that painting couldn't possibly have been done by Sue, but most likely by Andrea when she came home during the break from college before graduating. He was about to pick up the painting, but stopped when he noticed Jenni enter the room. She looked distressed.

"Michael," she addressed.
    "Yes?" he replied, but couldn't help immediately asking, "Are you alright?"
    Jenni clasped her hands together, near her chest and stared at the floor while answering, "I dunno." There was a short pause as she looked her husband in the eye. "I'm sure I will be but...I just don't know."
    Michael's heart began to palpitate. "What's wrong?"
    Jenni pursed her lips for a moment and then licked them, eyes looking to the right and left. It was evident that she was feeling anxious and Michael wished she would just blurt it out before he went into cardiac arrest!

"I'm pregnant."

Michael_we_re_expecting.jpg

For a moment, Michael seemed to have blacked out, but the expression on his face revealed his feelings to Jenni quite well.
    OMG.jpg

To be continued...

:)

*I hope you all enjoyed this new update!! Let me know what you thought in the comments. I'm ready to get RIGHT back into it! Woot! :D Thank you all SO much for your support! I can't say it enough! :wink:
    @peach77 @katgirl @hardfamily @ariel0105 @knippybunny @tadolson @lanlyn @enchantedprey @msbeckycat @amaresity @redvelvet @lovelylisac @lablue0314 @jillbg @ACB44 @Surreal @thuggishsplicer @puddinroy @palmarrow @karritz @moonandstars83 @cravenlestat @texansky @GaiaHypothesis @KatNip
    Post edited by emorrill on