Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Weekly Challenge #23 & #24 -- Home Away From Home [Time for the reveal!]

Comments

• Options
    queeniehannahqueeniehannah Posts: 1,238 New Member
    edited November 2009
    OK! and about me not getting the deadline, haha. that was because i had summer school =/ i have every afternoon free right now :) along with every weekend, as i have noooo life bahha!
  • Options
    BlueZimBlueZim Posts: 259
    edited November 2009
    I am so glad for this new challenge, I have been itching for one for a while. I like the idea of this one.
    I started earlier today and to be honest I am practically done with it already. :XD:

There's still some objects to be placed and a few other minor details, but you can probably expect an entree from me by tonight.

About the optional challenge though: Do you mean make a second lot in his style? Obviously I am going to have a lot of extra time then over this 2 week challenge, that would give me something else to do as well.

• Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited November 2009
    BlueZim: If you take a look at Ralphie's builds, I think you can tell that they are not your ordinary builds and will probably take awhile. This is why I have put him as an optional challenge. You can attempt to do something in his style. It does not have to be a 2nd lot. You can solely concentrate on the optional challenge and just submit that.

As for people wanting to do 2 builds, I guess that is fine. But please keep in mind that we value quality over quantity. One of the key components to all of the builders you are assigned to emulate is their attention to detail. You may submit all the entries you want as long as you are positive you are capturing the builder's style.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's entries! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BTFotoBTFoto Posts: 436 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Wow, what a difficult challenge. Good luck everyone! Can't wait to see what comes of the challenge. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Thanks, I am going to hold my lot while I attempt something like that, I have no guarantees that I will succeed at all though. :XD:
  • Options
    Aragona09Aragona09 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Hi friends :)

This funny thing happened to me, when my testsim was sitting and reading a book, she got a call on her mobile. Dont no if she learning levitation or playing god.

Aragona
    screenshot_original.jpg"Height=400""Widht=600"
  • Options
    NicolesSimsNicolesSims Posts: 43 Member
    edited November 2009
    Do lots have to be uploaded to the Exchange to be able to enter? I haven't been able to upload to it for weeks!
  • Options
    simtweeksimtweek Posts: 267 Member
    edited November 2009
    Hi Anjubee... I would like to participate in the weekly challenge. This would be my first challenge. What kind of information do you need from me? Do I just need to fill out and post the official entry page when my building is complete? Sorry for the dumb questions.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    simtweek: Welcome to the challenge! Yes, after you have finished your build, just fill out the official entry form and post it in this thread. :) Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

EquineGuardian: No, it doesn't have to be uploaded to the exchange. But we do ask that you make sure that wherever you are hosting the download, to make sure it works properly.

Aragona09: That's just one of the perks of having a hot tub! Levitation!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I have also added LightSide to the list as an Optional Challenge as poor Light hasn't been able to sim due to his studies. He could sure use a vacation!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ah, Well, I am already pretty much done with my RaphaelNinja Lot, not the easiest thing I must say lol. I might have my entree posted tomorrow or the next day, depending on when I feel like putting together a whole slide show thing.

• Options
    ciaracaffciaracaff Posts: 815 Member
    edited November 2009
    Just wondering, can we base our builds on just one house done by the builder we pick. I'm finding it hard to try and incorporate all the different things that the builders have done. They are all away more experienced than me so it is hard. I don't want to copy the house exactly but do my version of it. This might be a stupid question but loved this challenge when I heard about it first but finding it a bit difficult now!
  • Options
    Robodl95Robodl95 Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited November 2009
    Ciaracaff: What I did was try to pick out a obvious feature they do in most of their homes, a quite obvious example would be Ruth = Victorian, I've noticed Peace uses a lot of overhangs and modern builds, It's more like mimicking their general style....

PS: I'll miss all of you guys this week!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    ciaracaff: Like Robodl said, it's all about mimicking a style rather than just a particular house. Although if you feel you can capture the general style of that builder by basing your house on just one of their builds, that is fine. The challenge here is to make it as easy as possible for people to guess which builder you picked.

Remember, guys. Do not tell us in your entry form or anywhere which builder you picked! It's up to us to guess. :)
  • Options
    ciaracaffciaracaff Posts: 815 Member
    edited November 2009
    Thanks Robodl95 and Anjubee for answering my question! Hopefully now I can get started...
  • Options
    XCodyFrikyFreshXXCodyFrikyFreshX Posts: 4 New Member
    edited November 2009
    This is going to be my first challenge! I'm excited to try it out!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ooh...
    It would be fun to have like row homes and each one would be a different simmers home! That would be so cool! It would be.... 8x the challenge! :P

(Can you tell I'm having trouble deciding....)
  • Options
    SuperPogimonSuperPogimon Posts: 2,429 Member
    edited November 2009
    I am currently designing the lot for my Builder :D I'm loving this challenge :lol:
  • Options
    mj1976mj1976 Posts: 234 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Official Entry

by mryjn1976

firm name: mj's imagination

category: beginner/intermediate

link to download:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1509802

lot size 40x40

Final cost: $92,242

lot name: Simply Victorian

lot description: a 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath family vacation home in the country

inspired by:
    based the exterior off this photo:
    http://www.suite101.com/view_image.cfm/203221

link to tour this home:
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=124587

• Options
    simtweeksimtweek Posts: 267 Member
    edited November 2009
    Hi Anjubee....

Official Entry

Name: simtweek

Link to the posted asset: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1512357

Experience level: Beginner

Lot Name: The Reverie

Lot address: 2450 Pinochle Point, Sunset Valley

Lot size: 30x20

Final cost: $82,209

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Very nice, MJ and Simtweek! I think we can all guess which builders you guys chose!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    simtweek wrote:
    Hi Anjubee....

Official Entry

Name: simtweek

Link to the posted asset: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1512357

Experience level: Beginner

Lot Name: The Reverie

Lot address: 2450 Pinochle Point, Sunset Valley

Lot size: 30x20

Final cost: $82,209

I'm deciding between two.... Can't wait to judge! It looks lovely!
  • Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited November 2009
    wow they are looking great. i can't wait to see more
  • Options
    NicolesSimsNicolesSims Posts: 43 Member
    edited November 2009
    Anjubee wrote:
    simtweek: Welcome to the challenge! Yes, after you have finished your build, just fill out the official entry form and post it in this thread. :) Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

EquineGuardian: No, it doesn't have to be uploaded to the exchange. But we do ask that you make sure that wherever you are hosting the download, to make sure it works properly.

Aragona09: That's just one of the perks of having a hot tub! Levitation!

Wonderful! I'm definitely going to try to participate in the challenges!
  • Options
    lkadaslkadas Posts: 453 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Robodl95 wrote:
    I'm deciding between two.... Can't wait to judge! It looks lovely!

Agreed, Judging will be amazing! I can't wait to see what intermediate comes up with... especially in TWO weeks! yay! :mrgreen: