Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No front door = No bills?

This was something that I noticed as I was playing a family. I deleted their front door and played for about 2 sim weeks, and even though there was a mail box, I never received any bills. Everything was exactly the same except the fact that there was no front door. They had televisions, appliances, and plumbing just like every other house. I never got a notification that bills were delivered. I'm curious if this has a correlation or not?
~I do not use mods or cc~

Comments

• Options
    frogkiss1frogkiss1 Posts: 248 Member
    i know there is a trait you can buy that either lowers the bills or gets rid of them. Do you have this item
  • Options
    FFX2Paine506FFX2Paine506 Posts: 675 Member
    frogkiss1 wrote: »
    i know there is a trait you can buy that either lowers the bills or gets rid of them. Do you have this item

No I don't. I don't purchase reward traits.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    frogkiss1 wrote: »
    That would be the frugal trait, it doesn't get rid of the bills. But it does reduce the amount that a household pays each week by a certain percent.

• Options
    This was something that I noticed as I was playing a family. I deleted their front door and played for about 2 sim weeks, and even though there was a mail box, I never received any bills. Everything was exactly the same except the fact that there was no front door. They had televisions, appliances, and plumbing just like every other house. I never got a notification that bills were delivered. I'm curious if this has a correlation or not?
    There is a cheat that autopays the bills each week. Are you using this cheat?

• Options
    sunman502 wrote: »

No I'm not. I haven't done anything to my game that would mess with the bills specifically
  • Options

No I'm not. I haven't done anything to my game that would mess with the bills specifically
    Then I believe that you have stumbled upon a glitch in your game. Bills are based on the amount of stuff that your sims have bought or found in the game. There is no reason for that front door or the lack there of should have any impact on the bills in your game.

• Options

Then I believe that you have stumbled upon a glitch in your game. Bills are based on the amount of stuff that your sims have bought or found in the game. There is no reason for that front door or the lack there of should have any impact on the bills in your game.

I'm thinking the potential glitch is caused by removing the door.
  • Options
    SimonSimpsonSimonSimpson Posts: 1,223 Member

It very well could be. How much longer have you played? Because I feel like my houses have gone over two weeks without bills before. Not much more though, and certainly not more than a month.

• Options

It very well could be. How much longer have you played? Because I feel like my houses have gone over two weeks without bills before. Not much more though, and certainly not more than a month.

At this point 2 weeks and a half. I feel like I would have had at least one set of bills by now. Especially by 2 weeks.
  • Options

That's what I was thinking too!

• Options
    Generally in my game my sim family goes through week one in the game without paying any bills. But come Monday of week two in the game, that's when they start getting bills.
  • Options
    Generally in my game my sim family goes through week one in the game without paying any bills. But come Monday of week two in the game, that's when they start getting bills.

Same here, but I've already passed that mark.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    Try testing by putting back the front door or making another door the front door and see if the bills return to being delivered.
  • Options

The bills have came on Thursday or Friday in my game a couple of times before. Is it still week two in your game, or are you pass that now?

• Options

The bills have came on Thursday or Friday in my game a couple of times before. Is it still week two in your game, or are you pass that now?

I've passed it.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I've passed it.
    It's very likely that you have a glitch. Try backing out of your game, and then repair it through Origin. And see if that clears that up.

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Lol what an oversight! :D

I must ask though, why did you remove the front door? I mean there is removing the fridge and then there is removing the front door... ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    glorificaglorifica Posts: 258 Member
    that must be a glitch. ive had "homeless" sims living on lots with literally nothing built on them. they still get bills for a few simoleons as there are trees and a few bushes on the lot usually.
    simming on through.
  • Options
    Hello
    Try typing into the cheat box
    testingcheats true
    Then type in
    households.force_bills_due
    This will cause a bill to come.
  • Options
    Lol what an oversight! :D

I must ask though, why did you remove the front door? I mean there is removing the fridge and then there is removing the front door... ;)

@king_of_simcity7 I was playing a prison hahaha
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I've played the Room Challenge and never had a front door and still received bills, though this was several patches ago. Sounds more like a glitch than an oversight, because I know for certain that this did not happen in the past (in my games).
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I've played the one room challenge where you delete the door and still got bills. Sometimes the mailman would say, "I could barely reach your mailbox but managed to get it in there" but it didn't prevent mail from working. I think your save might be glitched. You could try repairing the game.
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    I have had nothing on the lot but the mailbox and still received a bill for the lot and what was in their inventory.. the bill is very low, but even without no walls, no door, no floors, no lights, my Sims still got bills.
  • Options
    So I ended up playing it for another Sim week and still received no bills, however, every single morning I used to watch the sidewalk, and our mailman would actually just walk right by our house. I put the door back and started receiving bills again.
    @rosemow
  • Options
    So I ended up playing it for another Sim week and still received no bills, however, every single morning I used to watch the sidewalk, and our mailman would actually just walk right by our house. I put the door back and started receiving bills again.
    @rosemow

Hello
    Thankyou for updating us in what has happened in your game. It sounds like there was a connection with the front door being there/not being there and the receiving of bills.