Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New cross gender patch really made the game funnier

I'm sure nobody intended it to make the game funnier but when I sent my big beefy male sim to select a new outfit from the closet and he came out wearing an evening gown I about spit up my coke. Hilarious. We've been needing that kind of chaos in Sims 4 for along time.

Good job

Comments

• Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @Taranatar9 @ts1depot: Not to mention the long history of casual crossdressing/general gender non-comformity among gay men and lesbians (and bisexuals, but I've noticed to a much lesser extent). A lot of the "gender non-comformity = mocking trans people" discourse is a huge punch in the face to the rest of us in the LGBT.

Taranatar, keep doing you. I bet your sim looked great!
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Nice to see some players are enjoying the new patch :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    So surprised that this thread isn't just millions of caring, understanding people telling the OP to go kill themself.
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    So surprised that this thread isn't just millions of caring, understanding people telling the OP to go kill themself.

Because that'd be against the rules?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »
    @Taranatar9 : Oh, I'm sure people are ready to kick up a storm already. But I say let them. No one has an exclusive claim on gender bending and cross dressing. Throughout history, people of all types would cross dress for all sorts of reasons having nothing to do with transgenderism. In Ancient Rome, only men could be actors, so they would play female parts. Also, drag has been a staple in entertainment in both gay and straight arenas because of the enormous storyline possibilities and comedy potential. Drag queens, Some Like It Hot, Bosom Buddies, Uncle Miltie/Benny Hill/Jonathan Winters, Kids in the Hall, Victor/Victoria, Yentl, the joke about the burly police officer going out on the beat in pearls and an evening gown--all a staple in entertainment having nothing to do with transgenderism.

Lastly, many people have genderbended so they could be able to do things their culture barred them from doing. Two of the most famous female pirates, Anne Bonny and Mary Read, cross dressed so they could serve on a pirate ship. Also, there was Billy Tipton, who cross dressed to become a jazz musician, something women could never do.

So I don't think anyone should be offended if players are finding the gender neutral patch funny or entertaining for whatever reason. If some people want to create a Bosom Buddies scenario in their game, a drag queen entertainer, or some kind of wacky story about a girl who dresses up as a guy because she's so in love with her gay BFF she hopes she'll win his heart that way, I think that would be great and that they shouldn't get any hate for it.

look up Dan Chameroy and his character of Plumbum von Botox!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    EllieSimsterEllieSimster Posts: 31 Member
    That is quite hilarious. It's also good that everyone is more open about that kind of stuff
    Check out my YouTube channel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clmpzse5zaM
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    I kind of want to see that happen to Lazy Game Reviews' Duke Nukem Sim. It'd be really funny, for sure!
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I sent my big beefy male sim to select a new outfit from the closet and he came out wearing an evening gown
    Drag queen in the making?

I think this patch is great.
    It gives more clothing options to everyone, girls can be more tomboy, guys can wear some more interesting style garments. And that's without wearing dresses.

And it also fits well with the way film and tv are becoming more casual about non-conforming characters.
    Have you seen The Dressmaker?
    What about Versailles? The pirate captian in Stardust? Sure, it was done as a comedy piece, but everyone was pretty open to it.

This thread makes me want to create a new sim, a drag queen stand up comedian... wait, the hairstyles aren't for all yet, are they?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    I sent my big beefy male sim to select a new outfit from the closet and he came out wearing an evening gown
    Drag queen in the making?

I think this patch is great.
    It gives more clothing options to everyone, girls can be more tomboy, guys can wear some more interesting style garments. And that's without wearing dresses.

And it also fits well with the way film and tv are becoming more casual about non-conforming characters.
    Have you seen The Dressmaker?
    What about Versailles? The pirate captian in Stardust? Sure, it was done as a comedy piece, but everyone was pretty open to it.

This thread makes me want to create a new sim, a drag queen stand up comedian... wait, the hairstyles aren't for all yet, are they?

They are, but some of them look jagged/messy/off on wider male shoulders. As long as you check them all out and maybe adjust the shoulders as necessary, you should be able to find something that works.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    I thought some of the men's hairstyles looked cute on women. And the pulled back women's weave looks pretty good on guys!
  • Options
    BlueStreetBlueStreet Posts: 174 Member
    trying to find some place to ask.... I haven't played Sims 4 since Get Together and felt that the relationships that formed while playing as other families destroyed the game to me. SO now that I have a mod that disables that I'm giving the game a go again.

While I've been aware of the cross dressing patch.... I'm curious why CHILD Mortimer Goth often comes back from school dressed up as a girl? I've not selected any girl clothes for him and as far as I know i've only selected him as a male?
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    BlueStreet wrote: »
    trying to find some place to ask.... I haven't played Sims 4 since Get Together and felt that the relationships that formed while playing as other families destroyed the game to me. SO now that I have a mod that disables that I'm giving the game a go again.

While I've been aware of the cross dressing patch.... I'm curious why CHILD Mortimer Goth often comes back from school dressed up as a girl? I've not selected any girl clothes for him and as far as I know i've only selected him as a male?

@BlueStreet @rosemow I think the returning back from school in different clothes is a game glitch. I'd suggest deleting the localthumbcache.package file from your TheSims 4 folder and repairing your game.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited August 2016
    BlueStreet wrote: »

Hello
    Has Mortimor just increased his school grade? There has been issue with sims returning home wearing different clothes if they receive a higher grade at school or are promoted at work.
    This link is to an AHQ EA thread on the issue that occurs after being promoted at work. The same issue occurs for children after receiving a higher grade.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Random-clothing-after-promotion/m-p/5441059#M27020

Repairing the game may also help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    tammer400tammer400 Posts: 647 Member
    I honeslty i had fun making my gender non conforming sim really took a long time them to make them look right. I've been wanting the abilty for men to wear women clothes since the sims 3 and the only way to do was mods
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Yasss! I agree and in no means am I laughing at anything about Trans or 'Cross-Dressing', if I'm coming off as doing so, my apologies!

I mean, I'm sure allot of people can't help but chuckle when seeing certain people wear certain things. Seeing a really buff guy wear an elegant dress is rather an amusing kind of contrast I think xD
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Bad_wolf1Bad_wolf1 Posts: 1 New Member
    The only thing I don't agree with is not being able to select the corset and suspenders outfit for your male sims, I want to create a Rocky Horror family dagnabbit!!!
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I'm sure nobody intended it to make the game funnier but when I sent my big beefy male sim to select a new outfit from the closet and he came out wearing an evening gown I about spit up my coke. Hilarious. We've been needing that kind of chaos in Sims 4 for along time.

Good job

For me it was both comedy and relief. That genders are no longer defined to how women and men should me. The rules are broken. We stomped on those rules, ate it for dinner, we put our bladder bar back in the green after putting those gender rules to waste and moved on with our day although personally I thought the game became funnier when that nude clothing option (that I have been wanting in the game since the sims 3) was added. I can't tell you how many times my Sims are naked in public from nude dining, nude workouts, nude jogging, nude picnic, nude after being nude, nude whoohoo cause (the hearts of love) should not be celebrated with their clothes on...

Bob Pancakes is the nude one in this household and he has no shame....

fgBj1Os.png

AcJxTCN.png

nckWbse.png

qK8gNTk.png

S8F8SR2.png

uPtCaiD.png
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

Good job

For me it was both comedy and relief. That genders are no longer defined to how women and men should me. The rules are broken. We stomped on those rules, ate it for dinner, we put our bladder bar back in the green after putting those gender rules to waste and moved on with our day although personally I thought the game became funnier when that nude clothing option (that I have been wanting in the game since the sims 3) was added. I can't tell you how many times my Sims are naked in public from nude dining, nude workouts, nude jogging, nude picnic, nude after being nude, nude whoohoo cause (the hearts of love) should not be celebrated with their clothes on...

fgBj1Os.png

AcJxTCN.png

nckWbse.png

qK8gNTk.png

S8F8SR2.png

uPtCaiD.png
    LOL I almost choked on what I was eating looking at these pictures.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member

Good job

fgBj1Os.png

AcJxTCN.png

nckWbse.png

qK8gNTk.png

S8F8SR2.png

uPtCaiD.png

Lol I told you the funny came before gender breaking patch lol
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

Good job

fgBj1Os.png

AcJxTCN.png

nckWbse.png

qK8gNTk.png

S8F8SR2.png

uPtCaiD.png

Lol I told you the funny came before gender breaking patch lol
    I never get hilarious stuff like that in my games I want that to happen in mine.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641