Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Desperately need more traits and aspirations

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SophronisbaSophronisba Posts: 24 Member
    I really, really want a Yogi aspiration. I was so disappointed when the Spa Day pack didn't come with one.

I mostly prefer Sims 4 to Sims 3, but I also think they need to add a lot more skills and aspirations.
  • Options
    jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    I feel like traits are too related to the emotions which doesn't make them stand alone. Aside from obvious emotional traits like gloomy, the traits should focus more on personality and behaviours and less on what emotions the sim is more likely to experience.

Adding to the list of traits that should be added:

- Introver & Extrovert (well I guess there is outgoing)
    - Hates vegetables
    - Daydreamer
    - Mean
    - Mature (they don't like doing childish things)
    - Messy
    - Slow learner
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »
    Sims start to feel the same after a while. If you go on the gallery, a lot of sims have the same traits too. Although you can make a lot of combinations, you can't make that many UNIQUE combinations. Part of the problem is you only start out with 3 vs 5 traits like in TS3, so yes- you can make a lot of combinations if you vary just one trait. You can make even fewer combinations if you vary 2, but a lot less if you want unique combinations. The only solution is to add more traits...many, many more (both regular and reward traits).

I would prefer more regular traits, as I don't really feel like the reward traits are truly traits. They are just mini cheats to make your sims' lives easier, rather than an inherent part of their personality e.g. evil, hates children. Still, it would be good to expand upon the reward traits as well- the more choices we have in general, the better.

Some traits I'd like to see (obvs there will be a lot more with new packs, this is just for existing packs):
    • vegetarian
    • pescetarian
    • omnivore
    • luddite/ technophobe
    • dramatic
    • emo
    • gossip queen
    • perpetual liar (you can see the kind of trouble an evil sim who is also a gossip queen and perpetual liar would cause >:) )
    • manipulative (good at persuading sims to do things, will be fun to have an evil, manipulaive sim)
    • natural leader (good at inspiring sims to do things)
    • high EQ (good at sensing other sims emotions and helping them feel better)
    • judgemental
    • never nude
    • salty sea dog (for fishing/ nautical related activities)
    • natural salesman (retail)
    • medical maverick (doctor career)
    • dirty (for police career, gives sims the ability to accept bribes)
    • hates aliens (wants to expose and fight all the aliens)
    • loves aliens (wants to get abducted, marry an alien, have alien babies)
    • hates humans (for non-human sims only, like aliens, pets and other supernaturals)
    • loves humans (see above)
    • hates ghosts
    • conspiracy nut (constantly wants to seek out the truth about ghosts, aliens, government lies)
    • hyper (vivacious and high energy all the time, annoys a lot of other sims)
    • brown noser (good and sucking up to bosses and everyone else)

Luv your idea, thank you for this post, I agree 100% :)
  • Options
    se7ens6xse7ens6x Posts: 51 Member
    After playing again for a while, i really would like a polyamorous aspiration. It would fit so many Sims very well and would also be a great counter-part to "jealous".
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i agree we need more choices in traits for the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Allison18Allison18 Posts: 399 Member
    This area of the game is severely lacking. In TS3 we had countless number of options (I have tried to achieve all the aspirations through various sims but I still haven't succeeded, and I've owned the game since it came out) that really made the sims feel more unique. Many are upset that the sims all feel the same, especially with the emotion system, so adding more aspirations and traits would definitely improve gameplay in subtle kind of way. I was actually a bit shocked when I first played the game and there were only three trait slots.
    I was also surprised that only 1 new aspiration was added with GT (I'm pretty sure...) when in TS3 I think it was more like 3-4 were added with each EP. The system was different however, so I don't expect them to be equivalent, but I at least expect a little more than 1 new option for the price of the EP.
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I feel all my sims all ways end up some how the same. It makes it very hard for me to play.
    This... more then anything needs attention asap. I'm a toddler supporter too! BUT This is needed before they are (if ever) added back.
    MORE Traits and Aspirations are needed so badly. We need an update with new traits! (shame on me) I have everything TS4 has released - kitchen c rap. and still the game feels just like a base game over a year in.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    RoorenSamaRoorenSama Posts: 82 Member
    What I really want to see more of are aspirations. Even with the current trait combos, I feel like some of the aspirations just don't fit for certain personalities. There's such a lack of variety when comparing to TS3. Of course, I try to cut this game some slack since it only has one EP released currently, but it has been about two years since the release. \

I hate to have to rely on mods for things like traits as well since there's only so much a mod can do. I would love gameplay-altering traits rather than just traits with a different algorithm to change a mood. Adding a polyamorous trait as mentioned before would be reeeally cool.
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
    Tumblr | Instagram
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I think we should have had traits applicable to Dine Out. To bad our Sims cannot be chefs in restaurants and also show them as employed or having a job if all you want to do is manage restaurants.
  • Options
    EllieSimsterEllieSimster Posts: 31 Member
    TS4 is really lacking compared to TS3
    Check out my YouTube channel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clmpzse5zaM