Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please, for the love of plumbobs everywhere!

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited July 2016
    @Publicity wrote:
    So if anyone happens to feel like that is happening, I apologize it is never my intent. I stand by what I posted though. Yes, the fact that I like 4 underlies it but I don't really get to decide the facts. Which is, like I state in the end, the game is not going down the toilet. It's flourishing having released more in under 2 years than any other sims in game play in the same time, particularly over a multitude of themes. Even if you believe the game play isn't worth it that doesn't change the fact that they released it.

Wait, what?? Are you saying that you think they've released more content so far for this game than any of the past Sims versions at the same time period? If that's what you're implying, you can't be serious!

And if you are, I would say that you must believe that because you LIKE everything they've released, so it seems more substantial to you. How is that remotely different from someone saying the opposite? Besides if you compare pack for pack with everything that was released for previous games there is no way on earth anyone is going to convince me that they've released more for this game than any of the others. There was more substantial content in the base games of those versions and every EP blew these EPS out of the water. Even the stuff packs had more items in them, and TS3 also had Store content (I suppose you're not counting those, but they're where the whole idea of SP's with gameplay came from!). SMH.

I get that you sincerely believe this is true, but you're definitely not repeating facts; what you are claiming are facts are really just your opinions.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2016
    Publicity wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 It is a true reality and not an opinion. You need to look up what an opinion is. I'm not wasting my time going through picking out the facts for you, but for what you stated then edited and added,

It is a fact not a opinion that more work goes into adding game play than content.
    So, the fact that every pack in Sims 4 contains game play does show that Sims 4 is developing and a rate comparable to Sims 3.
    It is a fact not a opinion that sims 3 introduced more expansions than in 1 year 9 months than 4 did in the same time.
    It is a fact not a opinion that in that time new game play was introduced through the use of packs 4 times for Sims 3 and 5 times for sims 4

You clearly have an inability to distinguish the facts from opinions. And the first thing you did was call me arrogant without even knowing what I was speaking about. Then you try to use your opinion to say what? That I'm wrong for saying Sims 4 is developing and moving forward? You keep reading what I say and trying to say the game isn't good enough for you. Whatever, I really don't care to debate with someone over an opinion and particularly someone who comes at me sideways the first thing they say. So I'd appreciate it if you let it go. But get the last word in if you need to, this is my last post to you on this subject.
    Missed this, but I'd like to straighten that I called you arrogant. I called the statement arrogant that people enjoyed 'a waste of time' just because you think so, when they clearly didn't think so themselves (including me, I can name you many Store items that weren't a waste of time and were money well spent for me). And I don't understand your list of facts and opinions, because what I was referring to was you inventing a whole new EP for Sims 4. Which doesn't exist; calling two GP's equal to one EP is highly opinional and in my opinion nonsense.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    v12creator wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm misinterpreting you but Ambitions has open careers. That's why they are kind of hard to play when you play more than one sim, you have to follow them everywhere. No rabbitholes. Architect you do in sim's houses, firefighter too (and an open venue), ghosthunter too, inventor you can do virtually everywhere you like but not in a rabbithole, private investigator you do on the street, sculptor at home, stylist at people's houses and there's an open venue attached to that profession as well. The only difference is that in GTW the items your sim works with are gathered together in one building.

Those are diferent, those careers on Ambitions happen on town out of the lot, GTW careers are on the workplace, but unlike previous games, those are open for gameplay and no off-screen or a rabithole. All 3 expansions were built above the same thematic - Jobs, but each one worked with a different focus.
    You stated Ambitions has several Rabbithole careers. Ambitions does not have Rabbitholes careers. It has careers you have to direct and control yourself, constantly. You don't have to do that with a rabbithole career, not in 2, not in 3 and not in 4. The 'workplace itself' was not 'pretty much a rabbithole and hidden as ever'. Ambitions does not have rabbithole careers. Or... enlighten me, which one did?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Maybe I'm misinterpreting you but Ambitions has open careers. That's why they are kind of hard to play when you play more than one sim, you have to follow them everywhere. No rabbitholes. Architect you do in sim's houses, firefighter too (and an open venue), ghosthunter too, inventor you can do virtually everywhere you like but not in a rabbithole, private investigator you do on the street, sculptor at home, stylist at people's houses and there's an open venue attached to that profession as well. The only difference is that in GTW the items your sim works with are gathered together in one building.

Those are diferent, those careers on Ambitions happen on town out of the lot, GTW careers are on the workplace, but unlike previous games, those are open for gameplay and no off-screen or a rabithole. All 3 expansions were built above the same thematic - Jobs, but each one worked with a different focus.
    You stated Ambitions has several Rabbithole careers. Ambitions does not have Rabbitholes careers. It has careers you have to direct and control yourself, constantly. You don't have to do that with a rabbithole career, not in 2, not in 3 and not in 4. The 'workplace itself' was not 'pretty much a rabbithole and hidden as ever'. Ambitions does not have rabbithole careers. Or... enlighten me, which one did?

I believe that Ambitions added one rabbit hole career. The teaching career....as opposed to what?..... 7 hands on careers?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @PHOEBESMOM601 Interesting the teaching career was the only 'clone' career from TS2, all the others where brand new for TS3 :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @v12creator seems to argue that because all those hands-on careers in Ambitions (and the others they added in different packs) did not have a specific career building or workplace (but of course the Stylist career did), then they some how don't count because they don't meet their definition of a hands-on career. Apparently for them, a hands-on career must have a specific workplace.

I disagree. First of all, TS3 had this big, open world. Why wouldn't they want to take advantage of that open world for a hands-on career when the whole point was to see your sim working? It would have been rather silly. They built those careers the way they did in order to tailor them to the open world. Many players even built workplace buildings for their sims to go to in between performing their tasks in that big wide open world.

They are still hands-on careers, even if they don't fit one particular person's idea of how they should be implemented.

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @v12creator seems to argue that because all those hands-on careers in Ambitions (and the others they added in different packs) did not have a specific career building or workplace (but of course the Stylist career did), then they some how don't count because they don't meet their definition of a hands-on career. Apparently for them, a hands-on career must have a specific workplace.

I disagree. First of all, TS3 had this big, open world. Why wouldn't they want to take advantage of that open world for a hands-on career when the whole point was to see your sim working? It would have been rather silly. They built those careers the way they did in order to tailor them to the open world. Many players even built workplace buildings for their sims to go to in between performing their tasks in that big wide open world.

They are still hands-on careers, even if they don't fit one particular person's idea of how they should be implemented.

My view of the work place for the Ambitions careers is this.....TS3 allowed us a level of creativity lost in TS4. In TS4 the Sims must go to a specific place and fulfill a specific list each day. In TS3 there was a firehouse and a salon and you could build the rest. I had some great places for my inventors to work. You had specific chores to do to reach the top of your career but what you did and when you did it was up to you. No bad day results if you didn't fulfill a list. Now if you want to build a lab, hospital or police station you are even given a list of items that must be present to qualify for the specified lot.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Make something for this game that I can consider even remotely worth buying. I'm getting so *bored* of seeing nothing happen for this game! Where is the passion? I'm sorry, but I don't want scheduled 15second teasers 3 months apart, and don't even get me started on EP3. Like, hellloooooooo, where he heck is it? Why are you not teasing that? Get me HYPED for this game. Seriously. This is getting *old*

I actually want to buy new sims stuff and I'm getting pretty tired of not being able to enjoy this game because EA/Maxis or whoever messed it up.

Damage control is seriously needed, imo.

--T

I agree with you there.
    I've stopped buying after Romantic Garden stuff. Sure I would like more content, but I feel I might as wait and buy them all up later when something more substantial comes out. Perhaps I can survive until the next Expansion if I have 1new EP, 2 game packs, and however many SPs EA will put out to play with until the 4th EP arrives. I pray that one of them is Generations and the other is either Seasons, Supernatural, University, or their City EP with Apartments.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2016
    I would just like to point out that the careers introduced in each of these EPs - OFB, Ambitions and GTW and very different in their focus.

#OFB introduced a complex business system that could have 3 modes - Shop , Hangout or a Restaurant if you had Nightlife, but those could be a single place too.

#Ambitions had several Rabitholes careers , and those had minor tasks that could be accomplished on the streets, even if their workplace itself was pretty much a rabithole and hidden as ever, other than that, you had crafting careers that you could sell the stuff your sim made, not unlike previous games crafting, but now you had a career register - no big deal.

#GTW made the return of both one or two crafting careers (Dont know for sure, painting is one i belive) from ambitions and shoping from OFB, but it main focus was something that had not been done before, to open the job places themselves to gameplay, one of my sugestions. Wich in my opinion is something much more ..hehe..ambitious, than what ambitions did..Even if only 3 of these jobs.

That is all, peace.

Huh no darling.

Ambitions introduced Self-employment.

You are your own boss. You work when you want, you make as much money as you want based on the skills you have and it works with other EP's, Island Paradise (Professional Scuba Diver), Supernatural (Professional Alchemist), Late Night (Professional Band), Into the Future (Bot builder), Pets (Horsemen) & WA (Nectar maker and Photographer). You can also sell craftables in consignment shops. And it's quite a big deal if you didn't know because when you consign you get more money for your stuff then what you'd usually get by selling them through the inventory or build mode and there is even a hidden consignment skill.

The self employment careers added with the pack (you need to have the base game so...) are Inventor, Sculptor, Painter, Angler, Writer and Gardener.

Also the Firemen career & the Stylist career had their workplaces open. As an architect, ghostbuster and PI your workplace is pretty much your home and the streets/other's houses. And a PI is not the same as a detective might I add. It also had, a little expansion for the Doctor career. Plus it came with the Education (normal) career.

GTW didn't make the return of any "craftable" career, like that is 100% wrong. GTW has the doctor, scientist and detective careers pronto, plus a rather light retail system compared to OFB.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2016

We did have the fire house for the fireman Sims and the salon for stylists...so yes there has been open workplaces before. Also before we could use our imagination and build a PI's office or a fantastic lab for our Inventor Sim. Now we don't need imagination....we have to do lists.

Sory Phoebes, but imagination doesnt count, or we could use that excuse for pretty much everything. Yes, Firefighter station was on TS3 and business have been ever since Thesims2, salon included. But Hospitals, Police station and Science lab did not. I won't say it is perfect, it is not, but it is a start, something to be built upon in the future.

Anyway point is, GTW was not trying to be ambitions at all.

So am I imagining that the fire station and the salon exist? Darling bye.

And the careers in TS4 are just "special lots" with the base game party/event goal system adapted. It's not an amazing system to be buit upon, it's just a checklist and a lot of teleporting into out of the world lots in a rogue neighborhood.

But you are right on one thing, GTW is not trying to be Ambitions, sadly. They should have never fused OFB with active careers to start.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

Yes, I figured that much and if they don't 'count' (I usually play, I don't count) for them as hands-on careers that's perfectly alright with me (it won't surprise you I agree with your post :p ). That doesn't make them rabbithole though does it? Let me put it like this: I can follow this player considers Ambitions half baked in the career area because the sims don't have a proper workplace (except for stylists and firefighters indeed), I just can't follow the jump to 'rabbithole'.

@PHOEBESMOM601 Ah, didn't know that, always linked that career to Generations ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I didn't really direct my post to you, @JoAnne65, I just have this tendency to clarify people's positions. Especially when they're confusing.

But you're absolutely correct, those careers are not RH careers and I really don't get that 'leap' either. :shrug:

• Options
    EllieSimsterEllieSimster Posts: 31 Member
    There are a lot of EPs and they cost a LOT of money... I don't have the money to just throw it around at the sims! It would be nice if it was cheaper. :neutral:
    Check out my YouTube channel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clmpzse5zaM