Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ღVanilla: cc free & maxis match/style competition A4 due Oct 1stღ

Comments

• Options
    themysticalpoetthemysticalpoet Posts: 1,000 Member
    Last day of voting!
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Just fyi; forgot to close the poll last night so a few extra votes may have found their way in
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Apologies for the delay, results will be up at 3-4pm GMT (uk) this afternoon.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited July 2016
    ღThe assignments have rolled in and it's time for some feedback!ღ
    @Penguinwa101 , I can definitely see the flavour being mirrored. I think you could've pulled off a bikini/swimsuit theme, as you're near a beach, but it isn't something I can fault. The high contrast works particularly well for this image, without being too in your face, although I think you may have used too many colours but it's hard to tell because of the contrast, plus it's the practice round so I don't have to be too strict on this one. Well done!

@Sterretjeee Again clearly resembles the flavour represented, which is a good sign. The pose is simple yet striking. I do feel the overall image needs a little something but I'm not quite sure what that something is. Overall, well done!

@MissBirdie I like the sleek yet casual feel of the outfit chosen, and the colours are definitely there. Nice and bright, but not too bright, well done!

@JoyfulSims This is a simple yet striking image, and the patterning used has the right effect without clashing too much, good job!

@alexis3142 This is a fantastic image, although I'm unsure if the hint of white/green falls into the colours you wanted as a part of your main scheme, but as I said to Penguin, as this is the practice round, it doesn't matter too much for now. Overall what makes this image stand out is the composition and posing. My only critique is that I think is that the brightness is a bit too much; it washes out parts of her body to a cream-white and thus hides detailing which would be nice to see, although I definitely get the high contrast look you were going for. Good job!

@princess2109, you've got the colours down, and I like the simplicity image but I feel it needs a little extra something to make it pop, like a hint of purple like you see in the ice cream. Her skin has also been lightened a bit too much, although I get what you were going for, it's just a very striking change. That being said, I like the simple understated feel to this image, well done!

@doicky96 the colours are toeing the line, but are for the most part down to a t, but my main concern is how random parts of the image feel. I can definitely see the background in the image you used for your ice-cream, which makes sense, but it's uncertain why your model is wearing briefs in such a winter wonderland, which is a little confusing when you add the flowers; she looks like she's dressed for summer, almost. For a newcomer though, I can see you have potential, well done!

@Klept0maniac94 the colours in this are fun and playful, but I do feel you could've done more with the outfit, and we can't see a lot of your model or the background. That being said, I can see you have a lot of potential from your editing techniques, and just feel that as all beginners do, you need time to pick up a few techniques, and hopefully this competition will help. Good job!

@abelhinha35 another work of well thought composition, which really can do a lot for an image, and I think this proves it. The outfit is simple, a few colours I can't tell if they're part of the main scheme, but despite that, works surprisingly well, when paired with a dramatic background. I do think a the outfit could be a little more daring, but otherwise this image is clean and well done. Good job!

@AngiesSmith I like the outdoorsy casual theme that you've gone for, and the casual look is simplicity at it's finest. However, I do think a different pose would've worked better for this shot, and there are a lot of fun themes that fit into garden. You could have her sitting on a picnic blanket, at a BBQ, etc. Overall, I like the fun feel of this image, good job!
    Apologies if any of my critiques come off as harsh, but I've always been honest to a fault, and know that it is never aimed personally or with the intent of offending anyone. Good job everyone!
    giphy.gif

• Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Thanks for the critique! I think Fern might've needed a shadow for the picture to look more whole :lol:
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    I appreciate your comments @themysticalpoet :) Ooooh :D assignment one is great but it's not easy.
  • Options
    Yeah but it means you can go a little crazy with editing and different ideas at least :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    absolutely :)
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I am really struggling with this assignment, @themysticalpoet. I don't have any facial masks or accessories that is maxis match. I can't find any. Help!!! :/
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Ok so I made a plan, I hope this is right :)

Assignment 1- Avant Garde

Lf8ODEq.png
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
  • Options
    Klept0maniac94Klept0maniac94 Posts: 708 Member
    lhQu2VO.png
    Assignment 1 // Avant garde ღ
    {{ Addison Hardy }}
    tumblr_inline_o0gkkg57gW1tse60v_540.png
    my mind is miles elsewhere.
    tumblr_static_cvjq5xfzr5s0cg0s0w4k040og.gif
    https://silverwaterdaisy.tumblr.com
  • Options
    BronteDuffy96BronteDuffy96 Posts: 239 Member
    edited June 2018
    delete
    Post edited by BronteDuffy96 on
  • Options
    alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Assignment 1 Avant Garde
    RxTzvY0.png
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    princess2109princess2109 Posts: 1,049 Member
    I'm so sorry I haven't put in my entry yet! I've been in another part of town w/o my Models for the last 2 days! I'll get started ASAP!
    forum_banner.png?width=1932&height=1610
  • Options
    princess2109princess2109 Posts: 1,049 Member
    I wanted to do a more subtle kind've Avant. Hope that's okay!
    wrote:
    Assignment 1
    Avant Garde

Lana Troyer
    dqz2f.jpg
    forum_banner.png?width=1932&height=1610
  • Options
    Fantastic work guys!

@abelhinha35 is that a face-paint cc or edited on?
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited July 2016
    @themysticalpoet it is actually part of a maxis tattoo. It's the same tattoo that she has on her chest area. I hope that's ok :)
    Edit - I also edited the maxis eyeliner/eye shadow makeup :)
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member

Assignment 1- Alexa Stokes

YdXrqs4.jpg

3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    BronteDuffy96BronteDuffy96 Posts: 239 Member
    edited June 2018
    delete
    Post edited by BronteDuffy96 on
  • Options
    Great edit @Penguinwa101, just love it :)
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    doicky96 wrote: »

Assignment 1- Alexa Stokes

YdXrqs4.jpg

This is amazing!
    Great edit @Penguinwa101, just love it :)

THANKS YOU GUYS! *HUGS* <3
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    @themysticalpoet it is actually part of a maxis tattoo. It's the same tattoo that she has on her chest area. I hope that's ok :)
    Edit - I also edited the maxis eyeliner/eye shadow makeup :)

Could you explain the process to me? I don't quite understand. Did you cut the tattoo out and put it on? That would be fine.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Yes that is exactly what I did, I cut the parts of the tattoo that I wanted to use and layered it onto her face :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top