Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA pls stop releasing untested products on us

Just finished playing the dine out pack. I have been playing since it came out so have logged a decent amount of hours.

Time and again EA releases these packs that have obviously not been tested in house. This go round I observed wait staff ignoring customers, employees constantly getting water and the "disallow new customers command" is not functional so when I close my restaurant it is usually full of customers some of whom were just admitted.

First I don't recall on any of the boards reading that a dine out pack was wanted by the customer base. Consistently customers have requested toddlers, weather, pets, etc. Don't think I have ever read of a demand for a dine out pack, in addition what was released does not allow active participation in the restaurant - playing the role of wait staff, seating host or even chef which would seem to be a no brainer.

EA its time you started taking this product seriously. When you release these obviously untested packs on paying customers, you degrade loyal fans of this franchise. It's time you started taking pride in the product you release and not issue some half baked, untested supplement that no one has asked for and that you expect the customer to test.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    SfarinaP wrote: »
    Just finished playing the dine out pack. I have been playing since it came out so have logged a decent amount of hours.

Time and again EA releases these packs that have obviously not been tested in house. This go round I observed wait staff ignoring customers, employees constantly getting water and the "disallow new customers command" is not functional so when I close my restaurant it is usually full of customers some of whom were just admitted.

First I don't recall on any of the boards reading that a dine out pack was wanted by the customer base. Consistently customers have requested toddlers, weather, pets, etc. Don't think I have ever read of a demand for a dine out pack, in addition what was released does not allow active participation in the restaurant - playing the role of wait staff, seating host or even chef which would seem to be a no brainer.

EA its time you started taking this product seriously. When you release these obviously untested packs on paying customers, you degrade loyal fans of this franchise. It's time you started taking pride in the product you release and not issue some half baked, untested supplement that no one has asked for and that you expect the customer to test.

I have come to the conclusion it's not always the packs that are overly bugged the patches they install before hand. Or after to fix problems. I got the wall missing bug (and it's a particular wall paper problem by Maxis) in June 2nd patch. I got the many of the bugs from the patches. I don't really want to list them all but just the other day when I added the new patches (I had not installed the 16th or Thurs. patch) afraid to, but did well I got a new one with those, too. One, is my Sim can be outside of the house, and hear one of my Sim's playing the piano badly and get the tense moodlet as I sent them to watch. Hey, Sim, you aren't inside the room yet. This tells me the game doesn't recognize rooms from a technical stand point. I won't list them all but I have gotten more bugs every time there is a patch than I had to start with.

Water came in a patch didn't it? Or I thought it did.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member

We definitely asked for restaurants, eating out, dates at restaurants, wait staff (but also pick up counters, oh well, hopefully later) over and over, actually. Yup, restaurants, restaurants, restaurants. Actually, we built and have had CC for "restaurants" but we finally got the lot type that, for me, works to dine at.

We just put it differently from "Dine Out Game Pack" obviously. We need(ed) more venue types, and this was one we sorely wanted, and already built for, tried to rig it to work with other venue types, etc.

I think I saw it asked for more than pets, and that makes sense to me. We still need a lot of basics, especially more than some patch things, like imaginary/real monsters under the bed. :no_mouth: Sigh...

It does, though, seem like they don't get a lot of time or budget for testing their packs and patches. :cry:
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

A lot of people have asked for restaurants on here ever since the base game was released.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Many people wanted an open restaurant pack and I happened to be one of those people. However, there are many bugs and limitations that really make this series frustrating overall.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    OP there have been requests for restaurants dating back to TS3. I feel safe in saying that they are probably one of the most requested venues.

However for many players this has been a 'be careful what you ask for' situation. People wanted romantic dinner dating. Many (including myself) wanted the choice of playing different roles instead of just managing a restaurant. Nothing like that was included.

I feel like what i got was a new venue for going out combined with an expanded version of Diner Dash.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    You cant really say they are not tested. Plenty of simmers get the game before release to test. Gurus do live stream play before release so they must of played before hand to set up the families and test a little bit??
    Its the patch updates that causes bugs for the add ons. It always happens. The team always fixes it a week later sometimes less. Yes they do take time on some repairs but that's probably to make sure its fully working again.

I was one of the simmers that begged for Dine out. It is far the best game pack so far for me. Every Simmer is different.
    Since the recent patch it has fixed my Disallow customers bug and just like you some Simmers are still having this problem. It cant be easy for the team trying to figure out why most people have no problems and other do. Things like that take time. That's why Gurus ask for peoples Save files so its easier for the team to find and fix the culprit. Dine out hasn't really been out long. Be patient they will produce a fix for all simmers.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I want to add, then you didn't read the petition on TS3 that had over a thousand signatures to bring back OFB restaurants and why Ryan Vaughn credited Cendermouse (?) spelling name wrong, with the reason we got the chef station in TS3. Players have been begging for a workable sit down, dine out experience complete with waiter, host, and chef since 2009. And I myself have been very loud about it since TS2 NL.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    VeskerVesker Posts: 3 New Member
    EA, releasing unfinished DLCs for the price of a AAA game. Nothing new to see here.
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I wanted resturants. I think they held the pack back for as long as they could to sort the bugs out, but the I feel some of the bug issues are fundamental to AI design - social sims talking in group setting, multitasking. They said they took so long because they were trying to fix the musical chairs issues. While I haven't seen that issue in resturants, there are other serious bugs,

For me employees have worked pretty well, Unlike retail and I have no musical chairs. But the group talking and standing up ( not moving chairs) is so annoying!!!

For me the real issue is base game design is making things harder than they should be. I wanted romance options like ts2 in resturants, but it wouldn't surprise me if they couldn't be dine because of the work needed to get them functional in a basic sense.
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    They don't just take input from the forum, also from facebook, twitter and it seems like a few gurus also watches LPs.

Untested would be stretching it too far, of course they have! Still they miss a thing here and there, also because players often use objects/plays differently than the developers anticipated.
    I have been doing patches and tweaks since the sims 2(?), nothing new there. I kind off like it, makes the game more alive.
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Vesker wrote: »
    EA, releasing unfinished DLCs for the price of a AAA game. Nothing new to see here.

AAA games are in the 50-80 USD range. Not 10-40.
  • Options
    SimmerLove99SimmerLove99 Posts: 34 Member
    People have been requesting restaurants forever. From my view, EA has responded to the POSSIBLE things at the MOMENT. I think me and a lot of the community have been pleased with what EA has come out with and the swiftness of the team.
  • Options
    Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    I'm going to agree with everyone else here; I have read countless requests for restaurants.
    However, I also have to agree with the OP. The amount of bugs that we consistently see in new content is not okay. If/when (hopefully when) we receive pets, for example, I will be very disappointed if the pack has as many issues as the ones I have purchased.
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    I agree, most of the time the patches seem to cause bugs, but most of the time these bugs get fixed pretty quickly.

I doubt they actually give us new content without testing it. Without a doubt there are a lot of technical difficulties in creating games (+extra content) like these. I would actually be surprised if there never came any bugs with the new content and/or patched. At least they get fixed within a reasonable amount of time.

Restaurants have definitely been a fan request for a very long time now. It was one of my wishes as well considering I enjoyed them so much in sims 2 and I'm glad our wish has finally been granted ;) ... alright it's not as perfect as we hoped! But we got something that is enjoyable. I love setting up my restaurant menu's and having glasses of "nectar" with diner (+ three courses yay). I wasn't happy about not cooking in restaurants too, but staying frustrated over those things isn't doing yourself favors nor will it change anything.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2016

A lot of people have asked for restaurants on here ever since the base game was released.

True but it's a pitty restaurants a full owning and running both on the management side as well as who we could hire and given our active roles with hosts,server's and chefs and even if they could do the roles just like the mixologist or in the bakerys tasks.

They keep taking control and the options away or not including them with each pack with remake

Retail, bakery's and now restaurant's.

I know some of you guys enjoy the packs and me and maybe other's would enjoy them more with the control and options we had all around with new ones added with everything else.

The problem for me in the sims 4 we got a bare bones game to start with with so much options, control and even tools and content missing but they are doing it with packs like

Spa day
    Dine out

I want to be able to deicide who I want to run my venue's and who works in them and one thing they should of added was a sims role of cleaning with the other three.

I mean it's no mystery that we should have cleaners to lol.!

But yeah when was the last great tool added to it

Maybe groups in December

We don't have a lot of game changes tools in the game and even game packs tho I do love the first too are just looking like a huge stuff pack with more new gameplay items.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon