Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you play your game?

What are some of the weird ways for playing sims 3?

I sometimes put these weird rules/challenges in place to make the game more difficult and give me something to do

example:

Adam and Eve with aliens
-I take a purebred female and male alien to lunar lakes
-They both must work up to leaders of the world
-the male must seduce and "pollinate" ever available female.
-Once VP they get and engaged and married
- Have an heir (perfer female)
- Hunt down another pure blood alien to marry the Heir ( perfer male who is un related and can pollinate the next generation and add new blood to the population)

Repeat process

3 generations later...
this has lead to a mostly Alien/hybrid planet
a ruling pure blood family
the current queen...is evil and hates her forced husband...she's actually attracted to her younger sisters pure blood mate and they are having an affair. After she became pregnant by her lover she locked the king in the family crypt and starved him to death. The sister has found out about the affair and they are both nemesis now. She has an older child from the King who is falling for a hybrid boy she met at school....not sure how this will all play out yet lol

Comments

• Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Right now I'm doing what I call a Murder by Death Challenge. It's basically an attempt to achieve all possible types of death in the game.

(As copied from a previous thread)

The Murder by Death Challenge (bonus points to those who get that reference)

Need all EPs to properly play. Preferably in IP, or a custom world that supports dive lots.

1 Starter Couple.
    - 1 must be immortal (preferably female if playing a straight couple)
    - 1 must die of old age
    - The immortal must be unemployed and the child-bearer/raiser
    - The immortal is the only one to get all of the LTRs (except Fireproof Homestead)
    - If one of them accidentally dies, they must be replaced with a townie and aged up/down to the age of the deceased Sim (unless mortal Sim dies of old age, then just make sure the replacement is YA)

You must use a normal life span, though you may change the number of days per life-state
    Cannot use motive LTRs on any other Sim.
    You must kill off your starter couple’s children (or their spouses if you wish).
    - No purposely killing any of the children before they reach YA status.
    - If you do not kill a child (or their spouse) by the time they reach full adult status, you must move them out.
    - Your SC’s children cannot have any children of their own, or they will be added to the death queue.

No motive/need alteration to achieve your goal. All deaths must appear accidental, natural, or Act-of-Watcher. (You may cancel/repeat queue actions to achieve certain deaths).
    You cannot purposely repeat a manner of death.
    You cannot use cheats/mods to achieve certain types of death
    Since certain deaths can only be achieved with alternate life-states (witch, vampire, mermaid), you must have a way to create/buy the proper elixirs/foods
    Since certain deaths can only be achieved with the Magician career, you must have at least 2 Sims go into that career (1 per type of death associated with it)
    Alternate death types (those added in due to mods) do not count and are optional

Only once all (EA-created) types of death are achieved is the challenge complete. The goal is to get through all of them without having your immortal Sim remarry more than once.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    autumndivonaautumndivona Posts: 68 Member
    I generally like to start off homeless and see how well I can do from there, thanks to the Homeless Challenge. I don't follow the challenge perfectly, but it ended up turning into this thing I seem to do with all my Sims now. That's about as weird as I get. ^_^

Oh, and making a Sim with an incredibly short lifespan, naming it after some kind of insect, and then making it as miserable as possible until it dies.
    ~writer/author, genealogist, and Sim tormentor~
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got a town legacy challenge and a modified 100 baby challenge that require the game being heavily Modded out and rotational play to manage the towns.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I hop from heir to heir. Most of the time I have a vague plan at the beginning of a new generation and then I start playing and see what happens.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    lunabellelunabelle Posts: 175 Member
    I used to play as a single YA who would try and get up the career ladder whilst maintaining relationships.
    Now I've discovered challenges so I'll be playing that way from now on. Currently doimg my first challenge - 100 baby challenge :)
    Working on #100BabyChallenge #TwiggsLegacy
    Now up to baby number 64!
  • Options
    EehnaEehna Posts: 77 Member
    edited June 2016
    I create a sim, and I figure out a backstory for it, and then I figure out a specific lifegoal or something for it, and then I play. Or the other way around - I think of a theme or story or something I want to achieve, and then I create a sim fit for it.

I have multiple games going on at the same time, I jump back and forth. I get bored easily, and I love to create sims, so I could never just play one household. Plus I don't like to have to control more than one sim at the time, so I rarely have my sims get a partner and/or babies, or pets.

And - I love to build, so mostly I just end up re-building the town where my current sim lives...
    Post edited by Eehna on
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Honestly I think my biggest thing I do gameplay-wise now is completely tearing down a town, and rebuilding it and re-populating it the way I want. Takes FOREVER. But because I put so much time into it I don't just throw it away like my less invested saves.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    I have to admit, more less the same as @JoAnne65 ...the only difference is that I have two heirs at the moment. Couldn't choose.
  • Options
    Joshua1999Joshua1999 Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm doing the legacy challenge at the moment. I play with no free will except for the pets, I think I like all of the control lol
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    I generally like to start off homeless and see how well I can do from there, thanks to the Homeless Challenge. I don't follow the challenge perfectly, but it ended up turning into this thing I seem to do with all my Sims now. That's about as weird as I get. ^_^

Oh, and making a Sim with an incredibly short lifespan, naming it after some kind of insect, and then making it as miserable as possible until it dies.
    i once tried to get a sim to propagate playing on short lifespan
    it didn't end well, the experiment ended with the first sim
    it was an extreme challenge or i was just too slow with finding a mate for my sim :expressionless:

i dream about an interconnected town, where every career available has at least one sim in it
    & where there are shops owned & hosted by the town's sims
    so far there is no sims game which would enable that, TS2 came closest :smile:

but currently i'm playing RH & trying to maintain the vibe of the art deco era, something between 1910 & 1960
    i usually play this & that in TS3 & rotate from one family to another when i get bored but with that RH game i have to play very strict & keep track of every sim in the town, it's challenging, especially with the bugs & limitations the game is throwing at me
    but it's so rewarding at the same time & the town is so beautiful especially because i watch out to keep the sims' clothes, hair, cars & the houses in style - i never before did that & it's a great game, i love that era :smiley:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    Does "make it up as I go along" count as a play style?
  • Options
    EehnaEehna Posts: 77 Member
    It sure does ^^

• Options
    Holly LindinHolly Lindin Posts: 28 New Member
    I play in a number of ways - the 100-baby challenge, an orphanage/child sanctuary challenge, and a "Big Brother"-type challenge are what I'm working on for my YouTube channel (look up "Holly Lindin Bloom" if you want to see any of it :)) - but there's a weird thing I started doing months ago while playing ANY game (whether recording or just for fun): If ever I get a burglar visiting the house, I use Nraas to add them to the house (before they can steal anything :P), give them a makeover, and "rehabilitate" them by getting them close to my other Sims. Usually they get married into the family and parent some children. I have NO idea where this idea came from, but now I do it in every game - it always seems to add another dimension to what I'm already doing. :D
  • Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    I usually play a sim and have it reach up to the top of it's career, which is usually and actor or singer. Right now, I'm playing two custom worlds having my main sims work on getting to the top of their careers.