Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Considering Getting TS3-Is It Worth It?

I play ts4, meaning I've missed out on a lot. I think I really want to switch to ts3 because of family play. Ts4 doesn't really have that.
So, what do you guys think? Should I get ts3? Why or why not?

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    TS3 IMO is a much better game than 4. I quit playing 4 a long time ago and still play 3. TS3 once you start adding eps becomes a pretty powerful game. Make sure you have the computer specs to run it before buying it. TS4 is not a complete game and the two games are programed differently. To play the whole sims 3 with all eps does require a mid range gaming desktop or higher end gaming laptop. It will also have these computer requirements if you want to add Pets, IP, ITF and seasons.

If you want you can post your computer specs and I can tell you if you can run the game if your unsure of your computer specs

How to gather a DxDiag http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please copy and past your DxDiag in several sections in several posts. The text file will not fit in one post. Thank you
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I love Sims 3 and I've never regretted one euro cent spent on the game. It's quite different than Sims 4 though and lots of people seem to hate the game too, so obviously it really comes down to what you want in the game. There's only one way to find out whether it suits you: by playing it. Being told how things work - regardless if it's in a negative or positive manner - is not enough to figure that out. I started playing the game in meh-ok-I'll-try-this-for-ten-minutes-and-then-continue-with-my-life mode myself; ten minutes became more than five years and still counting ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    I like it, and that's one of the few cases my opinion isn't that unpopular.
  • Options
    inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    edited June 2016
    Absolutely. Families. As in babies that aren't tied to cribs. Toddlers. Real teens. Real emotions. Cars. Bicycles. Trampolines. Surfing. Wind surfing. Scuba Diving. Glass blowing. Jewelry making. Travel to other worlds and destinations. OPEN WORLD. Did I say OPEN WORLD? The list is way too long why you should.
    Post edited by inmyeye on
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • Options
    KethKeth Posts: 165 Member
    It is, IMO, but I also find it difficult to separate the game from all the EP's, Stuff Packs, NRaas mods, and whatnot that I've downloaded for it.
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I really like Sims 3. I've only just recently purchased the base game (late to the party, I know) and I am working on getting all the ep and sp I can get my hands on. I'm also working on owning the store just because I want it all. lol :D
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2016
    Wait a minute. TS4 doesn't have trampolines? I never got that memo. This changes...everything. (nah, not really) :p

TS3 will take over and completely ruin your life, if you let it. I was a young(er) man with a full head of hair and no signs of high blood pressure or acid reflux when I started playing just over four years ago, and now I'm a complete mess. Of course, all that might have happened without playing the game, but that's difficult to determine. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    edited June 2016
    Yes....Yes, yes and yes.
  • Options
    HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    I know this slightly off topic and I apologize to the OP, but what EP has trampolines? I have wanted one in my game for a while. I was really hoping it would have come with Generations. If it did, I'm completely blind or just am not looking in the right place.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    HSmith2016 wrote: »
    I know this slightly off topic and I apologize to the OP, but what EP has trampolines? I have wanted one in my game for a while. I was really hoping it would have come with Generations. If it did, I'm completely blind or just am not looking in the right place.

Ambitions, not Generations. And they should be under Entertainment objects.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    Getting the starter bundle if you don't have the base game already would probably save you a bit .theres also a world adventures/generations bundle if you don't have any of Those either.

I just resently started playing sims 3 again after playing sims 2 & 4 .i can tell you it feels like day and night.i missed toddlers so much I had my sim run a day care lol .taught those little ones how to talk and walk yes I did .

CasT also is amazing so beautiful to be able to change the colors of everything ;-; so amazing it makes me shed tears of joy.
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    coldplay2233coldplay2233 Posts: 451 Member
    Very worth it. The Sims 3 is a true simulation game & a total sandbox experience. There's really no limit to what kind of life you want your sims to live, or how you wish to accomplish your goals.

When I look at the sim series, I see something like this;

The Sims 1: The first entry, it was a totally new idea, like an experiment.

The Sims 2: Perfected American family home & relationship simulation.

The Sims 3: Sandbox, unlimited customization. Full town simulation! The Sims 3 is the ultimate game imo. I've been playing it for 7 years and I still play all the time :)

The Sims 4: More simple & easy to play. Objective based gameplay with some sandbox sprinkled on top. The simulation part is cut back a lot too, so not much unexpected happens in your game.

I think overall, every game has it's own flavour. Personally, I play all of them depending on what mood im in :)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited June 2016
    I found Sims 3 was more than worth it once I completed my collection and loaded up on the Mods.I don't get lag and I can also play TS2 UC if I want to play another game and sill get legacy and family play.I found both TS2 and TS3 are the best games for family play.I even play Sims 3 rotationally like Sims 2 with the Mods I've got installed.
    Post edited by TadOlson on
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    EndUserEndUser Posts: 96 Member
    @StarbucksLover05 I actually have a couple extra Sims 3 base game codes. If you decide you want Sims 3 send me a PM and Ill get a code to you.
  • Options
    StarbucksLover05StarbucksLover05 Posts: 87 Member
    Thank everyone for your opinions! :) I for sure will be getting The Sims 3 now :smiley:
    @EndUser Thank you, I'll be sure to PM you later when I have more time.
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    edited June 2016
    ts3 is THE BEST

-better mods (only mods you ever need really though are NRAAS Industries) ones like twallan's story progression, woohooer etc (errortrap&overwatch is a must for smooth game)
    -the sims are way cuter and real
    -beautiful open world to fully immerse yourself in
    -the game is MASSIVE meaning there's ALWAYS something new to do, always a new play style, always something new to explore
    -family is important!!!!

my little explorer agrees
    Screenshot_6.jpg
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    If you are interested in family play, then yes, you should definitely get TS3. It's a very different game than TS4 - your objectives are up to you, the open world is flippin' ridiculously awesome and the customization options nearly unlimited. TS3 can be touchy... it can be glitchy... and upon occasion, quite frustrating, I won't lie. But thanks to Twallan and his team there are plenty of mods to combat that, as well as many seasoned campaigners here that are more than willing to jump in and help if you get stuck. I say go for it - I don't think you'll be disappointed. My only advice would be get the base game and play with it for a while before you start adding EPs. One of the biggest problems I notice new players having is trying to decide what to do - so many choices!! Good luck.
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    edited June 2016
    Go for it. It's an amazing game, you'll have fun, and it's only $20!

If you want expansions, I recommend staying away from Showtime, though.

(Also, I disagree. There IS family play in The Sims 4.)
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I on the other hand recommend Showtime. It has fun careers and the best supernatural evvah B)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    For extended play...TS3 wins...hands down. But then again, I have all the eps, sps, several downloads...wanting to purchase more (but there are these things called bills IRL that just get in the way >:) ).
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    One thing to watch out for with Sims 3 is how Mod collections can grow out of control on you.I just updated my NRaas Mod files and there's 106 files in there of NRaas Mods now.I've also got over 200 other Mods to fix other issues in the game.I've been able to have fun with Sims 2 style rotational play in Sims 3 with my Mods installed.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    EndUserEndUser Posts: 96 Member
    @StarbucksLover05 As mentioned in another thread here in "General Discussion"with the steam sale going on you can pickup much of the sims 3 library and then register them on thesims3.com. The catch is you must own the sims 3 on steam in order to be able to buy the EP/SPs. I bought sims 3 PLUS Pets for $7.50,all the other packs are $5 each.

This may be is the cheapest route for you to go.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,929 Member
    One of my many favourite occults in Sims 3 is the genie. I actually like all the occults plus the human Sims.

If you have Showtime you can find a lamp to summon a genie that you can ask for wishes and I am pretty sure that genie is not controllable by the player.

If, however, you have Showtime plus Supernatural you can make genies in Create a Household and they are fully playable just like any other playable Sim.

If you have Supernatural without Showtime there won't be any genies.
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    I think steam is having a sale
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I think steam is having a sale

steam is having a sale but just to note you cant mix steam versions of the game with origin versions of the game. You need to own the game all steam or all origin