Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Ridiculous Townies Thread

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm just a bit old school is all, no offense meant

None taken just explaining was all <3 And the explanation was actually for Sims 4 players that pop in that have this notion all Sims 3 Sims are the same Was not for you at all.I read the Sims 4 forums where someone can say every sim looks the exact same in 3 and people actually agree and hit like.Because we all know Judy Bunch is Just Pearl Yang with glasses on and Judy with pigtail braid hair is Odessa Cross. :D
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    awesome thread :joy:

i have to look into my screenshot folders if i have anything captured
    i usually either remove those sims from the existence :trollface:
    or improve them in CAS :smirk:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    townies are the homeless random sims the game generates, Judy Bunch is a premade. Bobby socks are ankle socks. But I agree the townies and npc's random outfits mostly turn out bad. But if the townies were great, your own sims wouldn't be so great in comparison.

i would love to play one day a sims game where the coders came up with a genius idea how to bring style into the game
    so far it was a disaster with every sims game
    & i remember in TS2, it included also the faces - those poor babies & toddlers were sometimes pure monsters :open_mouth:

that's proably why since TS3 the children are based always on one face & thus look always the same :grimace:

• Options
    R3B3CKVH wrote: »
    screenshot_original.jpg
    how did you managed her face to have dimples ? :open_mouth:

• Options
    2v7xp2q.jpg

one of the generated paparazzis in my Roaring Heights art deco city - before & after a makeover
    the first picture was the sim still loading, it took a while seemingly to load all her weight :hushed:
    i tried to maintain her flashy bad taste in clothing though, matching her impertinent profession too :grimace:

• Options
    EehnaEehna Posts: 77 Member
    @CravenLestat

WHAT pattern is that? Is it an EA one that you have customized, or is it a custom one? And if custom, where can I find it? I love it!

• Options
    Ehm, the pattern on Hanna Jones bikini, that is...
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @Eehna I just made that pattern earlier today I have not uploaded them yet.The other is a Orange floral and Thank you <3

Screenshot-3431_zpsouousnbs.jpg

But have a whole lot you can go get now in my studio a bunch are with a picture of a model in it to show you it on a outfit.

http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/CravenLestat/mystudio

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Thanks a lot! I will definitely have a look. Can't havt too many patterns :D
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @Eehna Ohhhhhhhh the Hannah Jones pattern was linked on the previous page.Page 1 of this thread near the bottom where I mentioned ZeeGee.

@R3B3CKVH Guess the free bumps do not hurt :p

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    R3B3CKVHR3B3CKVH Posts: 473 Member
    edited June 2016
    screenshot_original.jpg
    how did you managed her face to have dimples ? :open_mouth:

@Rukola_Schaaf I Didn't give her dimples.. I think it's just the depth her mouth was. All I did was giver her longer eyelashes and more realistic looking eyes. I also gave her a new hairstyle, outfit, and makeup. But I didn't add dimples. LOL would be cool if we could though.

Split Reflections: A Sim Story by R3B3CKVH
    www.splitreflections.wordpress.com
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif

• Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited June 2016
    mouth definition or cerebral nose something or other
    a lot of sims 3 sims do look the same in a lot of pics that are shared because a lot of people go for the generic face which is 'pretty' but is actually plain, same happened in Sims 2, everyone went for face #1, button nose etc, then they all ended up looking the same. When you introduce an imperfection, that is when you get a unique sim and in my opinion, beauty. Sims in Sims 4 usually end up looking the same in shared pics too for that same reason, and because of that bug that I see hasn't been properly fixed where all the men grow up with small eyes, wide jaw etc. You can dress these sims and put make up on them and style their hair all you like, and believe they look different, but they don't, not with the generic faces that many people consider as beautiful but are actually plain.
    try a bumpy nose. many famous women who people say are gorgeous have a bumpy nose. ski slopes and buttons just look plain and generic.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    Sooooo, since the "Funny Game Glitches" thread has proven to be so amusing, I thought a "Ridiculous Townies" thread would be good fun. We all know that the poor townies, in large part, have hideous fashion sense. And if you use CASt they can do some really horrible things with your beautiful creations.

This is a thread to share photos of those townies that are REALLY over the top HORRIBLE. Like this lady... Apparently this is her work uniform, at some unknown location in Riverview. I have yet to see her on the job, but she really struts her stuff in her uniform all over town. She definitely wins an award for being a "Ridiculous Townie". Bobby Socks with high heels is never a good thing. Not even with your bathing suit.

screenshot_original.jpg

Or this poor girl here. She may be too young to know, but according to Weird Al, stripes with plaid, is tacky! Even my sim seems to agree. This ensemble has earned a well deserved facepalm.

screenshot_original.jpg

Can't wait to see everyone's posts and pictures on this. :lol:

Thank you so much for this post. It was really funny!