Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the longest family tree you have ever had?

A lot of simmers are family players, so I want to know how many generations you went down in your longest family tree. Mine was 7. This can go for ANY Sim game, I just want to know your guys's record!
~I do not use mods or cc~

Comments

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    In Sims 3 I played the A-Z and made it to Z for 26 Generations. It was fun. I am now trying this in the settlers Challenge
  • Options
    FFX2Paine506FFX2Paine506 Posts: 675 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    In Sims 3 I played the A-Z and made it to Z for 26 Generations. It was fun. I am now trying this in the settlers Challenge

Hahaha I was so proud of 7 before I read that. :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    wrote: »

Hahaha I was so proud of 7 before I read that. :lol:

@FFX2Paine506 Be proud as some have not even made it to 7, keep on going. When you find a family you love, it is easy. I congratulate you for you accomplishment.

• Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    4 in TS4, 2 in TS3.
    4th generation in TS4 had just became kids but I gave up soon after due to some broken family relationships and some other minor annoyances. In TS3 I started it not that long ago and I want to do a full legacy or something similar, but I've been busy with some other games.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    2 in both TS2 and TS3.
    TS2 ages too fast for me, so I keep shutting it off. Daughter just finished University :) As for 3... Well, my kids weren't the best. They were terrible people. I felt ashamed I raised them, so I was just "don't reproduce" LOL
    6 in TS4. I'd continue but I'm just so attached to the ones I have right now and it's hard to turn it on and let go ;_;
  • Options
    Cement wrote: »
    2 in both TS2 and TS3.
    TS2 ages too fast for me, so I keep shutting it off. Daughter just finished University :) As for 3... Well, my kids weren't the best. They were terrible people. I felt ashamed I raised them, so I was just "don't reproduce" LOL
    6 in TS4. I'd continue but I'm just so attached to the ones I have right now and it's hard to turn it on and let go ;_;

I 99.9% play with young adults, so 7 is unheard of from me. I normally just keep having children, setting the parent's age back to young adult and outliving the children. I just can't let go of the parents.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    2 in both TS2 and TS3.

I 99.9% play with young adults, so 7 is unheard of from me. I normally just keep having children, setting the parent's age back to young adult and outliving the children. I just can't let go of the parents.
    I feel the same! I enjoy watching them get old when their family grows, but when it's time for them to kick the bucket, I can't :s I get mixed feelings xD
    I enjoy playing with children and teens, though. I tend to lose interest once they hit YA and have kids. :o
  • Options
    @FFX2Paine506 X2Paine5 I understand what you mean, It is so easy to get attached to some sims. It is hard when you have to let them go. I like what you are saying. I even cried in Sims 3 when their faithful dog died, it was very sad. I should try your way sometime. Sounds like fun.

• Options
    2 in both TS2 and TS3.

I feel the same! I enjoy watching them get old when their family grows, but when it's time for them to kick the bucket, I can't :s I get mixed feelings xD
    I enjoy playing with children and teens, though. I tend to lose interest once they hit YA and have kids. :o

EXACTLY. Once they move out I forget about them honestly hahahaha.
  • Options
    @FFX2Paine506 X2Paine5 I understand what you mean, It is so easy to get attached to some sims. It is hard when you have to let them go. I like what you are saying. I even cried in Sims 3 when their faithful dog died, it was very sad. I should try your way sometime. Sounds like fun.

I go to cas.fulleditmode and set them back to YA instead of finding the potion of youth or whatever other in-game way of going back in time is haha.
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I'm on generation 9 of a family right now. It's definitely the longest I've ever played a family. I'm so attached to this lineage, I can really see myself getting to generation 20 someday.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I'm currently on my 14th generation of my family, though I don't have a complete family tree due to culling and starting different saves with them cause the save starts being a bit laggy after awhile... But I do have all of the generations saved to my library in different times in their simmy-lives so I still have them all. :)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    3rd generation, because I've never really though about having kids after my own current generation.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    i am doing a generation challenge and now i am playing the 6th generation. this is currently my record. before it was 2 or 3 generations before i got bored. now that i have checkpoints and aims it is so much more fun!
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    3rd generation, because I've never really though about having kids after my own current generation.

My 7 generations was the only game I ever went past my own generation with so I feel you.
  • Options
    captorablecaptorable Posts: 16 Member
    im currently on my 12th generation in ts4!! ive almost exclusively played w that file, but its been amazing to see little physical traits from great great grandparents getting passed down from gen to gen. i even have a family tree app on my phone to keep track of things lmao!
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    I have to say legacy generations is not something I have been capable of doing.. I can say, I have returned to more families I have previously created than any other Sims game prior.. But on that note, I am having a hard time getting my Sims married to the point of having children or I get them to the point of children and I take a very long break from them because I get frustrated at the lack of the life stage.. :neutral:
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    One if my Don lotharios has about 15 kids. They each have about 3 or four kids and now those kids are starting to have kids so it's very long in width! It's getting there in height
  • Options
    CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    I'm in the 3rd generation of one of my families. It's not that much, but i'm proud.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    In the Sims 3, I've possibly had around... 120 generations I believe with a family, I believe.

In the Sims 4, the highest I got to was around 30 generations.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I've got to the 3rd generation before. My problem is that I get bored with my families VERY easily. Or that they become very ugly lol. I've fallen in love with a sim I've just made in CAS so I hope I can play that for a few gens atleast
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    iamhectorsimsiamhectorsims Posts: 54 Member
    Currently in The Sims 4, I'm in the 3rd generation going on to the 4th. I've been playing for about a year, and the reason I'm so early on the generation is because I never know when to age up my Sims & I like to play with all the family members fully, not just a specific heir. I'm still having fun though, so that's no trouble.
    I plan on playing this family throughout TS4's lifespan, through every EP, GP & SP. Plus they're the only save file I can actually stand to play :#
    Ignore my lame username. Thanksss
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    1 generation :D
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    SophieClaire_8SophieClaire_8 Posts: 145 Member
    I think the fourth generation is the farthest I've ever gotten. Currently on the 4th gen in my game.
    Origin ID: SophieClaire_8
    Tumblr: sophieclaire8-blog.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I've always focused on generations in my gameplay, I just love to see the family legacy go on and on. I think I had 10 or 11 generations at the most in TS2, and I'm about to beat that in TS4 already where I'm at generation 8 right now. I always have three chosen households with family members that I focus on and rotate between.