Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's a small, small, small world after all? Linking worlds to your choosing instead!

Hello! I posted an idea in another thread that I thought would be appropriate to have its own instead:
I'd also like to add that there should've been an option to link worlds together instead of having them all interconnected. For example, some sims from Oasis Springs popping up in Willow Creek; I don't know if it's just me, but I find that a bit odd. Maybe in the future there will be some kind of way to choose which worlds can be interconnected; this can be seen like the sub-neighborhood option in TS2. Of course, sims can still invite other sims over to their worlds (maybe this can tie in to the whole pen pal system the game already has) and some neighborhoods like Windenburg, for example, can be chosen by the player to link the two worlds together?

Unless there's already an option to disconnect sims from other worlds from showing up in another.

Any thoughts about this idea?

So an example of this that can come into play is disconnecting Oasis Springs, Newcrest, and Willow Creek from each other, having a world like Windenburg (or any world for that matter) that can link all three of those places together, almost like a vacation/downtown spot, and having Magnolia Promenade linked only to Willow Creek as its 'shopping venue'. Players can mix and match different world linkages to their choosing, or just simply have an option to connect all worlds together (like how the game is already set up).

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I would Like worlds to be a little disconnected.

Like it's okay to see sims from other worlds, because I would like to see sims travel from time to time.
    But It is weird to me, When I see sims who live in Windenburg, come to the Club in Willow Creek, Because I think of worlds as They Are.

Oasis Springs, to me for example is Palm springs California, and Willow Creek/Magnolia promenade is kind of New Orleans, Louisiana, and Windenburg, to me France/Germany, New Crest is in like North Carolina.

So to me it's just very weird, Why would you travel all they way to windenburg to go clubbing?

It's also Weird because Active Careers. When the game sends you on patrol it sends you to a random world.
    When I Live in Willow Creek, or work in Willow Creek Why am I patrolling Oasis? or Newcrest?
    I personally think each world should have their own Police station, and and where you live is where you work.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    1upMushrooms1upMushrooms Posts: 183 Member
    The active careers from GTW is a major obstacle for this idea; unless EA either creates the lab, police station, and hospital fit for both Oasis Springs and Willow Creek or have us create our own, then I'm stumped on how this could be achieved.
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I think its odd that they jog in different neighborhoods, the other travel didnt seem so out of place until I saw someone from Oasis jogging by in Windenburg. And what is the deal with windenburg island? I have never once seen any of my households that live there anywhere in world (I voted all the premades off the island).

It seems like there would be an awful lot of townies generated if the neighborhoods were separated.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I like the connected neighborhoods. I wouldn't want them disconnected
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited June 2016
    I still think of them as 'districts' or towns really. Idk, some sort of weird sim thing that we don't really have an equivalent of in the real world. I mean they are too small to be worlds, too different to be just neighboring towns...

*opps forgot to type my point! As long as I think of the worlds as 'districts' then sims traveling between them all doesn't bother me. But if you think of them as world, well... it doesn't really make any sense whatsoever. I mean I don't get on a plane and fly for four hours just to go to the gym in Australia, heck I don't even get in my car for 2 hours and travel to the nearest next town to go to the gym...who does that? Weirder stories alright.

Either way, the result is still better than completely separate worlds.
    Post edited by NZsimm3r on
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Neia wrote: »

Same!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Nectere wrote: »
    I think its odd that they jog in different neighborhoods, the other travel didnt seem so out of place until I saw someone from Oasis jogging by in Windenburg. And what is the deal with windenburg island? I have never once seen any of my households that live there anywhere in world (I voted all the premades off the island).

It seems like there would be an awful lot of townies generated if the neighborhoods were separated.

because Winderburg's Island is a private neighborhood. I like that, I hope for more private neighborhoods in the future.
    Neia wrote: »

yeah neighborhoods should be connected, but the Worlds themselves should be a little disconnected.
    I'm saying a Sim who lives in windenburg should rarely be called to spawn in Willow Creek.
    The active careers from GTW is a major obstacle for this idea; unless EA either creates the lab, police station, and hospital fit for both Oasis Springs and Willow Creek or have us create our own, then I'm stumped on how this could be achieved.

They would have to create more sub-hoods for them. Right now they do have a Police Station and hospital for Willow Creek, and a Science Lab for Oasis. (or seemingly).

they just need to change the code and build more sub hoods to be honest. I can see it happening. it's just more work.
    I just think it makes sense for it to be like that. because what if We got a Politics pack, and We got a City hall and a new active Career to be Mayor. I don't want my sim to be mayor of all the worlds.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2016
    I'd like the option to have types of disconnection per save (I've wanted this since the game launched!). Maybe I'd want a save where only Oasis Springs exists (a mini-game), or a save where Oasis Springs is isolated completely except by my choice - travel happens at my initiative only - as if it's remote. I don't think the active careers pose a barrier because those lots aren't in a world we can get to another way, and they're opt-in only to play.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @MasonGamer
    I like the worlds being connected too. :) Sims being able to travel to another place instantly has always been some rule of their world for me, like changing clothes by spinning. So it's something I'm used to and it's so convenient !
  • Options
    1upMushrooms1upMushrooms Posts: 183 Member
    @NZsimm3r
    LOL on your analogy there (because I actually do drive about 45 min to my school's gym when I get tired from the one near my place)! I agree, the end result is better than completely isolated worlds like in TS2, but I think it can definitely be tweaked a little from the player by deciding which "worlds" can be connected and ones that simply do not.

@luthienrising
    I actually thought the same thing when the game came out too! But, let's say this idea does go through somehow and you want exactly what you posted about Oasis Springs; with having an option to 'disconnect' Oasis Springs from the other "worlds" and leave it completely isolated, you can save this game while having other saved games with Oasis Springs connected to other worlds. Of course, the player can always unlink and re-link
    worlds (though, this may have an impact on relationships from sims living in different worlds)