Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stop the autonomous flirting >.<

Hello!

I have a problem with a sim. She had a relationship with a man named Griffin in my game. They had a kid, but broke down before the birth of the baby. I'm playing with the two sim on separate lot.

For the kid, they stayed in good term and are seeing each other as friends with their child. Problem is that they are always flirting with each other autonomously. Their friendship bar is in the green and love bar full red.

My Sim is now seeing another man named Maxime and this is really frustrating because I organized a marriage for them and during the ceremony, they started flirting again with each other. Maxime saw this exchange and was really mad. I had a lot of difficulties to conclude the ceremony because he was always cynical with his new bride.

How can I stop these flirting? I don't see the option be just friend between her and Griffin...
Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme

Comments

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Maybe they're destined to be together?
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    All of my exes in the game do this. And their new partners always get super mad at them, even if they reject the flirting. They never get mad at the flirty ex though. It drives me batty!

And while on the topic of auto flirting, I have a problem with some of my in-laws auto flirting that drives me batty, too.
  • Options
    WrwurWrwur Posts: 321 Member
    Since latest patch I have this problem with my sim. I opened a restaurant and when I was checking something and came back, she was flirting with her boyfriend's mother's sister... and before that they've never done anything romantic.
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    edited June 2016
    Exactly! She is always rejecting the flirting, but her husband become really mad and I guess the new girlfriend of Griffin will also be really mad. It's driving me crazy. I hate it :'(
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    It's odd the 'ask to be just friends' option isn't coming up for you. My Sims were chasing around a bit while I was playing other families and leaving them for a spell. The new option of a friendly break-up is nice since I don't have to manipulate them into fighting and becoming enemies in order to rid my Sims of these unfortunate lapses in good judgement. Try repairing your game through Origin and see if the 'ask to be just friends' social option pops up. If you have any other game mods that affect romantic interactions, you might want to make sure you have the newest build for it. Having outdated game mods will interfere with actions Maxis adds to the game.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    It's odd the 'ask to be just friends' option isn't coming up for you. My Sims were chasing around a bit while I was playing other families and leaving them for a spell. The new option of a friendly break-up is nice since I don't have to manipulate them into fighting and becoming enemies in order to rid my Sims of these unfortunate lapses in good judgement. Try repairing your game through Origin and see if the 'ask to be just friends' social option pops up. If you have any other game mods that affect romantic interactions, you might want to make sure you have the newest build for it. Having outdated game mods will interfere with actions Maxis adds to the game.

I'll probably try that. This option is showing up for my sim and her husband, but not her ex. They roughly separated and now I don't have this option. I also don't use any mod in game. It would be nice if the option would show up after the repair. I'll tell you after work if it works.
  • Options
    I've done the repair on Origin, but no change. The "Just be friend" doesn't show up :(
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    You have to totally delete the romance bar to stop them, I think you can do this only with the destroy relationship cheat. I use a mod to stop the autonomous flirt.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    You have to totally delete the romance bar to stop them, I think you can do this only with the destroy relationship cheat. I use a mod to stop the autonomous flirt.

You can also use MC Command Center to totally destroy the romance bar. It's worth installing just for that one feature.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Oh nice to know, thank you ! I'm happy that there is a solution, but so mad because seems like we always have to use mods to corrects bugs in that game :'(
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    edited June 2016

You can also use MC Command Center to totally destroy the romance bar. It's worth installing just for that one feature.

I seem to remember that mccc can also remove the romance without destroying the relationship.... but maybe I'm confusing it with ui chat extension.

Op if you don't want to use a mod you can use the cheat but... destroying the relationship will also destroy the friendship and the "ex" flags.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member

I seem to remember that mccc can also remove the romance without destroying the relationship.... but maybe I'm confusing it with ui chat extension.

Op if you don't want to use a mod you can use the cheat but... destroying the relationship will also destroy the friendship and the "ex" flags.

Yes, when you "forget relationship" in MCCC you can choose to forget only the romantic relationship and retain the friendship.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    UI Cheats will allow you to empty both bars, but they stay visible.

MC gives you a LOT of control over how you want to fix the relationship. And if you decide to forget the romantic part, that bar goes away.
  • Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    You could "get rid" of him :#
  • Options
    Wazowski_VegetaWazowski_Vegeta Posts: 35 Member
    As @egwarhammer said, the best you can do is to use a mod if you want to completely avoid that, I had the same problem with a few of my sims, so I just put the romance bar to 0. :)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,639 Member
    I don't know if it's the same problem but after the patch, my sims also love to autonomously queue the "enchanting introduction" or "flirty introduction" so I always have to switch through my sims to cancel all of this out. >.< :joy:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    There's a mod for that, @DeKay LOL!! Look for egureh at MTS... I'm not sure it's been updated, but several of theirs have been. It's possible. :)
  • Options
    There's a mod for that, @DeKay LOL!! Look for egureh at MTS... I'm not sure it's been updated, but several of theirs have been. It's possible. :)

I don't use mods in my game and not planning too. But I'm guessing it's a bug cuz my sims rarely do this before the patch.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Unfortunately, as it emulates real life, humans autonomously flirt too - half the time we don't even know we're doing it.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

I don't use mods in my game and not planning too. But I'm guessing it's a bug cuz my sims rarely do this before the patch.
    Def not a patch bug, I had my max charisma sim using the enchanting introduction back when like GT came out
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

Def not a patch bug, I had my max charisma sim using the enchanting introduction back when like GT came out

Hmm. That's odd. Cuz I didn't. Maybe it's not a universal bug nut it's only affecting me now. Now my sim even wants to do the enchanting intro to any NPCs he sees. :confounded:
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    @DeKay

I can relate, while I was managing a restaurant in my main save.. a lot of sims kept trying to flirt or do the enchanting intro with my manager... i also noticed a lot of flirting happened between sims at the restaurant..and when i rotated households, i found some interesting things in the relationship panel.
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • Options
    Audio_5urf wrote: »
    @DeKay

I can relate, while I was managing a restaurant in my main save.. a lot of sims kept trying to flirt or do the enchanting intro with my manager... i also noticed a lot of flirting happened between sims at the restaurant..and when i rotated households, i found some interesting things in the relationship panel.

I know right? They're doing it too often. Almost like a default intro type. :cold_sweat:
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    fabeme wrote: »
    Hello!

I have a problem with a sim. She had a relationship with a man named Griffin in my game. They had a kid, but broke down before the birth of the baby. I'm playing with the two sim on separate lot.

For the kid, they stayed in good term and are seeing each other as friends with their child. Problem is that they are always flirting with each other autonomously. Their friendship bar is in the green and love bar full red.

My Sim is now seeing another man named Maxime and this is really frustrating because I organized a marriage for them and during the ceremony, they started flirting again with each other. Maxime saw this exchange and was really mad. I had a lot of difficulties to conclude the ceremony because he was always cynical with his new bride.

How can I stop these flirting? I don't see the option be just friend between her and Griffin...

Just have her ask the other man to just be friends.
  • Options
    PaullettePaullette Posts: 34 Member
    This has happened to me before and what I had to do was max out their friendship, I noticed that as time went on and as their friendship grew the red would decrease and once it was at 0 they could then choose to be just friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top