Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Create A Legacy Together!

Comments

• Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Also uploaded Evelyn McThyme
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    I'd love, love love to join the team! Thank you so much for the invitation. I already have a simpress. (sims wordpress? Sorry about my awkward shortenings.) I'll send over my username as well as my character.

laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • Options
    Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 905 Member
    I think option C is the easiest. :) Ideas for the backstory: Is it already a part of the curse that 6 different people who doesn't know each other lives together? Or did they need a cheep way to live and ended up to live in commune? How about if they don't all appear in the story at the same time? Maybe some of them will move in later?
  • Options
    Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know that I just finished making my sim. I've uploaded him to the gallery under the hashtag. His description isn't necessarily his backstory I just wanted to add a bit about his personality. I've got a separate backie in my head. I've also pped my WP username!

Have fun guys!

• Options
    iiimeeiiimee Posts: 402 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Option C sounds great! It's sort of what I meant by Option B... since each of us will write narrative differently, our third-person narrative will have different "voices," but that can be very cool!

How do we want to handle our Sims' backstories? How did these six Sims come to live together?

I think that the story doesn't have to be too advanced- maybe one of them put an ad in the paper that they were (insert situation here) and needed roommates to help pay the rent. If anyone's younger than young adult so they couldn't pay rent, you can give them a different situation that drove them to live there too, such as they ran away from home and wanted a place to crash or something... Idk. I'm tempted to just add to the story as we go on, but we can talk about what we want their background to be if you want. What do you guys think?
    I think I'm going to need to take you up on that WP walk-through tutorial thing, I made one tonight and I have no idea how to use it. >.<

<3 Hehe, me and @CathyTea would love to help you, though to join the team all you need is to be invited- what's your username on wordpress? I'll show you how to make a proper blog, and then later we can discuss how to format things and whatnot, though you should practice on your own website that you made...
    Hemera123 wrote: »
    I think option C is the easiest. :) Ideas for the backstory: Is it already a part of the curse that 6 different people who doesn't know each other lives together? Or did they need a cheep way to live and ended up to live in commune? How about if they don't all appear in the story at the same time? Maybe some of them will move in later?

I think that, in order to prevent complications, we're making them all move in at once. Of course, just for the sake of a good story shot we can make it the way I said, where one moved in, and you can just take a shot of all the new roommates hanging out somewhere in the house and doing something as you explain their stories. XD If I go first, that's what I'll do.
    UniSims wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know that I just finished making my sim. I've uploaded him to the gallery under the hashtag. His description isn't necessarily his backstory I just wanted to add a bit about his personality. I've got a separate backie in my head. I've also pped my WP username!

Have fun guys!

Cool. Will add you to the team now!
    Read At The Sim's Library
  • Options
    Just the same as on here lol
    Story_Banner.png
  • Options
    Wait, so are we just waiting on @DeKay , or did he upload his sim already?
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    iiimee wrote: »
    Wait, so are we just waiting on @DeKay , or did he upload his sim already?

I haven't yet. Will do in 2 hours time. I'm still at work. Gonna pack up now, actually. Sorry for the delay, guys!!
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    Okay! I've already created my sim! :)
    5gd0cHv.png
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    Okay! I've already created my sim! :)
    5gd0cHv.png

Ooohhh, I like him! ^_^ Hehe, anyway, I guess I'm starting unless somebody else wants to?
  • Options
    What kind of schedule do you guys want for turn taking? Idk I'll take second or third I guess
    Story_Banner.png
  • Options
    @DeKay , I'm just reminding you that you're the only person so far who hasn't given me a wordpress username OR an email, and I need one of those to add you to our Wordpress blog's staff.

Also, just so everyone knows, I've decided the order won't be permanently set just yet- we'll figure it out by who volunteers after I'm done, and who volunteers after that person's done, but please note that you can't get another turn until everyone's had one. (This doesn't include skipping people of course- if we have to skip the last person or something, we'll just place them on the list and move on to the first on the list again.)
  • Options
    I think that, in order to prevent complications, we're making them all move in at once. Of course, just for the sake of a good story shot we can make it the way I said, where one moved in, and you can just take a shot of all the new roommates hanging out somewhere in the house and doing something as you explain their stories. XD If I go first, that's what I'll do.

That sounds reasonable. :)

So now we have our whole group ready. Yay. Will you start playing soon @iiimee? I'm not sure yet which turn I wanna take. It depends on how quickly this goes forward. (Like I have told, I'm not near my computer right now.) I can't wait to see how this starts. :)

How different our neighborhoods can be? I mean can it be like that one week they woke up in the forrest, next week in the dessert and week 3 they notice that they are living in the modern mansion? Or do we want the neighborhood to remain same but their surroundigs have changed a little bit (like some of the people are different and there are more or less community lots etc). I guess it depends how advanced their curse is. ;)

Wordpress question: I have accepted the invitation to be an author in our blog. So it means that now I have a wordpress account and can start my own blog when I feel ready, right? I have been browsing through all the free themes in wordpress and I'm quite sure I wanna try to make my own blog too.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

So now we have our whole group ready. Yay. Will you start playing soon @iiimee? I'm not sure yet which turn I wanna take. It depends on how quickly this goes forward. (Like I have told, I'm not near my computer right now.) I can't wait to see how this starts. :)

How different our neighborhoods can be? I mean can it be like that one week they woke up in the forrest, next week in the dessert and week 3 they notice that they are living in the modern mansion? Or do we want the neighborhood to remain same but their surroundigs have changed a little bit (like some of the people are different and there are more or less community lots etc). I guess it depends how advanced their curse is. ;)

Wordpress question: I have accepted the invitation to be an author in our blog. So it means that now I have a wordpress account and can start my own blog when I feel ready, right? I have been browsing through all the free themes in wordpress and I'm quite sure I wanna try to make my own blog too.

Sure! Of course you can start your own blog! We'll write our shared legacy on our shared blog, and then we can each do our own stories on our individual blogs!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    I'm not sure what's happening but but my WP isn't coming up with anything. I have no 'invitation' and it doesn't come up on my sites either or notifications. Im not sure if I'm looking in the wrong place or it hadn't arrived.

• Options
    Can I have the link to it? I don't know how to look it up on WP

Story_Banner.png
  • Options
    Sure! Of course you can start your own blog! We'll write our shared legacy on our shared blog, and then we can each do our own stories on our individual blogs!

I thought so. Just wanted to be sure. Thanks for answering @CathyTea. :)

Why I don't get any domain suggestions when I'm in the phase 4/5 creating my own site? I want to use a free domain but it doesn't let me choose anything. It says "write keyword or domain here" but when I do it nothing happens. What I'm doing wrong?
  • Options

I think so, but I've never accepted a request to be a part of somebody else's staff, so idk what it does for you. X_X I always use penscratch as my theme, but that's just me... and I'm already playing...
  • Options

I thought so. Just wanted to be sure. Thanks for answering @CathyTea. :)

Why I don't get any domain suggestions when I'm in the phase 4/5 creating my own site? I want to use a free domain but it doesn't let me choose anything. It says "write keyword or domain here" but when I do it nothing happens. What I'm doing wrong?

? If you write an original domain it probably won't try to edit your domain, which is good- "theswitchstory" was unique, so it let our site be theswitchstory.wordpress.com... Consider it a good thing if that's the case, but if it's just not letting you get a domain check how strong your internet is- sometimes wordpress is guilty if you have a weak connection.
  • Options
    How do I tell if I have an invitation? I'm using Franklin though when I tried changing to a different one (it says it's active) but I can't see it in that format... Or at least on my inactive blog.
    Story_Banner.png
  • Options
    @UniSims and @SeaDragonSong Have you checked your email? For me invitation came in that way. Maybe it's same for you even though you already have blogs.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    How do I tell if I have an invitation? I'm using Franklin though when I tried changing to a different one (it says it's active) but I can't see it in that format... Or at least on my inactive blog.

It will come to your email so check there .
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    Looking forward to reading this legacy. I've been excitedly stalking the thead for days. Seems like its gonna be a lot of fun to see everyones take on this unique household. ☺
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    @Hemera123 @CathyTea Thank you, I didn't think of checking there!

• Options
    For some reason I think Sawyer and McThyme would be cute together. (I may or may not have gone into CAS to see what their kids would look like if that eventually happened.
    Story_Banner.png