Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Restaurant home

I have playtested my restaurant and all is going well with my sims living in an apartment above. Noticed a few nigglies though like for instance they can't have a dining room cause all tables are considered to belong to the restaurant and their hunger does not fill up as fast as on a home lot, so they usually have seconds. The lot is a restaurant, they still own their house its just that they don't live in it anymore.

De1e34v.png

This is their apartment, the kitchen is very spacious because I originally had a dining set there, but realised its not playable
TnYrDVC.png

This is the restaurant. Its an original maxis one that I just refurnished a bit and added the stairs to the apartment
kn3PBBr.png

These are the two doors that goes out to the staircase, one can only be opened by Denise and the other by Antonio so no one can go through there but them. I also added a door to the kitchen that is employees only since some of my restaurant goers were impatient and helped themselfs to the fridge.
mIHOsbC.png

I have played with this family a while now, its so much easier if they live at the restaurant they can clean up and keep it tidy after staff left. And they can have naps or watch tv and take turns in welcoming customers and checking on tables and praising and inspiring their staff :)

Comments

• Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    I did the same thing. I've never had a retail lot so I did this more cause I thought it would be a more authentic city experience to live near work.

I didn't notice the same problem you have with sims not eating at their own kitchen. Someone mentioned that this could be because my kitchen table is CC.

Have a look...

27501102436_6f7943d176_b.jpg

27501101026_0c2c51cf27_b.jpg

Here is my restaurant..

27501098546_63715af820_b.jpg

27501097396_c5676e648a_b.jpg

The VIP area which nobody uses even though there is no lock on the door

27501094386_b75cc377dd_b.jpg

Here is the apartment above.

26925999934_5c242baf01_b.jpg

26925997854_127bdcc1ea_b.jpg

Here is my sim eating breakfast on her own kitchen table which is on the restaurant lot.

26925996374_ec47bb580f_b.jpg

Roof Patio!!

26925995294_bd439affac_b.jpg
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    I did the same thing. I've never had a retail lot so I did this more cause I thought it would be a more authentic city experience to live near work.

I didn't notice the same problem you have with sims not eating at their own kitchen. Someone mentioned that this could be because my kitchen table is CC.

That looks AweSim. I love it. Yes I play a mod free and cc free game. The only thing in my mod folder is a baby clothing default I made so boys wear blue and girls wear pink. I might try a desk and see what happens, perhaps just tables are "owned" by the restaurant. Well done on your build its stunning

• Options
    Yay the desk thing works :)

9dlRLCN.png
  • Options
    Thank you so much! I'm actually surprised at this. Especially since I have chairs outside my restaurant that are not CC that are not used by diners, so I don't know why all tables on lot need to be counted. It should only be the ones in the immediate vicinity.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    @DeadFishy

That is one cute little cafe/apartment. Hmm.... You have inspired me.
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited June 2016
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I have played with this family a while now, its so much easier if they live at the restaurant they can clean up and keep it tidy after staff left. And they can have naps or watch tv and take turns in welcoming customers and checking on tables and praising and inspiring their staff :)

Great idea, looks like it's really working for you :)

Edit: Sorry, I misunderstood your post. Looks like you are doing this anyway! :)
    My Sim has her home lot, and she purchased Shimuzu, a cute little Japanese restaurant (created by EA, it's on the Gallery) and I just modified the lot to include an apartment in the basement (minus some stuff like an extra kitchen or dining or living room - it's just a bedroom and bathroom for now, but I could see it getting totally expanded if I wanted my Sim to live there. They can live there, you just have to pay the bills on your "home" lot even if you don't actually go back there often.

(You can see the Shimuzu stuff here if you want to see what I did!)

• Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member

This is really nice. Did you model this on anything. It seems very authentic. It's like I've been there before -- almost looks like a place in Miami or a warm beach town.

soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    ChambersNChambersN Posts: 227 Member

Have a look...

Here is my restaurant..

Here is my sim eating breakfast on her own kitchen table which is on the restaurant lot.

Roof Patio!!

Can I download this
  • Options
    @DeadFishy

That is one cute little cafe/apartment. Hmm.... You have inspired me.

Awesome!! :) (why is there no thumbs up emoji?)

I8PIKACHU wrote: »

This is really nice. Did you model this on anything. It seems very authentic. It's like I've been there before -- almost looks like a place in Miami or a warm beach town.

Not really no. Just an idea that I had. Places I've seen in my own home town and travels. Glad you like it!!

Can I download this

Sorry no, it's not on the gallery :/
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Can it still work as a restaurant with the sims living in it at the same time!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    edited June 2016
    Here is an alternative:

6i5ik2.jpg

It's from one of my builds - great to fill in the empty space in your kitchen! Use the rounded ends of the bar of your choosing. I love to put the rounded barstools with this, it looks like a set!

Edit: Member status changed, allowing image posting.
    Post edited by illustratedhappiness on
  • Options
    Thank you so much! I'm actually surprised at this. Especially since I have chairs outside my restaurant that are not CC that are not used by diners, so I don't know why all tables on lot need to be counted. It should only be the ones in the immediate vicinity.

That is strange, I hope they work on little things like that with the next update :)
    Great idea, looks like it's really working for you :)

Edit: Sorry, I misunderstood your post. Looks like you are doing this anyway! :)
    My Sim has her home lot, and she purchased Shimuzu, a cute little Japanese restaurant (created by EA, it's on the Gallery) and I just modified the lot to include an apartment in the basement (minus some stuff like an extra kitchen or dining or living room - it's just a bedroom and bathroom for now, but I could see it getting totally expanded if I wanted my Sim to live there. They can live there, you just have to pay the bills on your "home" lot even if you don't actually go back there often.

(You can see the Shimuzu stuff here if you want to see what I did!)

Yes I am loving it, so much easier than having to travel to and from the restaurant the whole time, and my sims can relax and take turns during the busy hours as well, perfect :)
    LOL about the bills, I thought naaaa just ignore them and the next moment the restaurants electricity went of, so yeah we have to pay it for both the home lot and the restaurant seem to use the same electrical company hahahahaha

marcel21 wrote: »
    Can it still work as a restaurant with the sims living in it at the same time!

Yes it does :) You just have to add the living courters to an actual restaurant, you can't try and make a home lot a restaurant then it won't work.

Here is an alternative:
    oi67. tinypic. com/6i5ik2.jpg
    (remove the spaces)

I'm not a member yet, but hopefully this works! :smiley: It's from one of my builds - great to fill in the empty space in your kitchen! Use the rounded ends of the bar of your choosing. I love to put the rounded barstools with this, it looks like a set!

Wow that is awesome, looks so much better, thank you I will try that. Here is your pic so others can see :)
    6i5ik2.jpg
  • Options
    @mcrudd Thank you for posting the picture for me :) I would love to see your kitchen with this solution if you decide to use it!
  • Options
    @mcrudd Thank you for posting the picture for me :) I would love to see your kitchen with this solution if you decide to use it!

kfv2x3E.png

Thank you I love it and its useable :)
  • Options
    @mcrudd It looks great :smiley: Have fun playing!
  • Options
    @mcrudd It looks great :smiley: Have fun playing!

Thank you :)
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Now if they didn't have this teleporting to walk across the street or next door we could have a house near the restaurant.
  • Options
    Now if they didn't have this teleporting to walk across the street or next door we could have a house near the restaurant.

Ahh, how I miss the open world - we'll just have to make due!
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Yay the desk thing works :)

9dlRLCN.png

I had just discovered the desk thing works the other day.. What I did was put the corner island counters created a circle, then put the barstools and my Sims eat in the kitchen while watching TV.. the staff takes tiny breaks to watch it as well for their fun..
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    Oh also wanted to add, my Sisters I am playing with semi-living there, I was having problems with one of them or both of them getting upset about inappropriate behavior - even if they did the very thing themselves a tiny bit prior.. I had them go on a collection adventure and got enough of the simpoints to get Always Welcomed. Once they both had that if made the whole thing alot easier..
  • Options

That would be lovely

Ahh, how I miss the open world - we'll just have to make due!

Yip thats why I build above the restaurant, where there is a will there is a way :)
    azsimmer1 wrote: »

I had just discovered the desk thing works the other day.. What I did was put the corner island counters created a circle, then put the barstools and my Sims eat in the kitchen while watching TV.. the staff takes tiny breaks to watch it as well for their fun..
    lol my staff is banned from my little studio home, they work that is why I pay them

azsimmer1 wrote: »
    Oh also wanted to add, my Sisters I am playing with semi-living there, I was having problems with one of them or both of them getting upset about inappropriate behavior - even if they did the very thing themselves a tiny bit prior.. I had them go on a collection adventure and got enough of the simpoints to get Always Welcomed. Once they both had that if made the whole thing alot easier..

I have never experienced this, no idea why
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I picked the same area (not lot..I picked the light tan house closest to the Riverboat and New Orleans like background). Not good with building or taking picks in build mode so beware....

Riverboat Café

Font of (back is too close to another house and impossible to get a good shot)

vhx1m9.png

Top View (Living Quarters)

2qb92dt.png

Inside Living Quarters (Upstairs)

ibgcix.png

Host/Bathrooms/Kitchen (Large Emptyish so others you want to add their own mark can).

2n8wmv.png

Front side with outside dining (room for a few tables inside if needed)

24oseoy.png

Living Quarters only yard.

23kuntv.png

Spare Space on lot.

2vb3hc2.png

View from a table (outside in dining area)

9u6suh.png

The riverboat goes past it.

OP I love your design and build!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Options
    @gamekitten I love your restaurant, and what awesome placing as well, it looks lovely :)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

Have a look...

Here is my restaurant..

Roof Patio!!

Brilliant mix of content in your venue :)

Makes it look very modern and contemporary
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    EchoTSimmerEchoTSimmer Posts: 20 New Member
    Wow, stunning eateries here all!! Is there a way to make a resteraunt in sims 3? I've got late night.