Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Serious tuning issues in restaurant!!!

IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
I took a family of 2 adults and 5 kids to a restaurant serving the diner menu, staffed by 2 chefs and 2 waiters. There were 3 other tables occupied by 2 people each when we arrived at 6pm. By 6am the next morning, the chefs between them had managed to cook for 3 orders, and my family were still waiting for their 7 burgers and 7 sodas order. At that point I ran out of time and had to exit the game. Need to shorten the time it takes to cook a meal!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    Try going into build mode in the restaurant and move the chefs stations and see if that helps. Try selling the chefs stations, then buying new ones and see if that may help the issues.
  • Options
    Not sure how position of stations will improve the time it takes to cook each meal? I was watching carefully and everything was working correctly, just took unreasonably long for the speed of the game's clock. It should be tuned so that a family can eat a meal within one evening, and two chefs can easily deal with burgers for 4 dining parties.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    There are issues with some tables not getting their meals.

Did you check if both cooks actually cook meals or one is just doing idle animations ? Did all the waiters took the order, went over to the kitchen and placed the order ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Well the order was taken and placed, and the family kept their "waiting for food" queue item throughout so were unable to order again. However, now you mention it, only one chef was actually producing food. Even so, I felt he could have been doing so more quickly. A meal an hour would have been slower than real life, but would still have got my family in and out in an evening.

Does anyone happen to have seen a restaurant with more than one chef where both chefs were putting out the goods? I mean one your sim is visiting not the owner of.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Check the chef station if there's something in the way on the one that didn't cook. Decoration or anything.

If you're using the unwindowed version, that tray the have to place the food cannot be blocked.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited June 2016
    I know, they were the windowed ones but they were both right next to each other, I widened the building and left a gap between them and this time both chefstations produced. However, I took the family back for breakfast the next day at 8am, but it was still 4pm before they got served, and this time to make sure it was a simple order I chose water and caesar salad all round. 8 hours does seem excessive with 2 chefs and 2 waiters for about 12 customers. By the time they had their ice cream for desert it was nearly midnight.
  • Options
    Never takes that long for me. Do the waiters pick it up as soon as it's put on the window tray ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Within a reasonable time, I would say. I wonder if cooking for 7 actually takes 7 times as long as cooking for 1? Cos I don't remember it taking this long when I took a single sim to eat. It shouldn't really, especially if they are all having the same thing.
  • Options
    Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    Something similar happened to me. If it takes too long for the food to come to your table, just cancel the action and order again. That worked for me.
    Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • Options
    I didn't notice anything of that kind.

Are you using a custom restaurant ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    Mine was one I build myself.
    Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • Options
    Aha I have discovered something interesting. The restaurant I was testing was owned by a played sim, although I wasn't playing her household for the previous test. I had her sell the restaurant, then took the test family back there to order the same food. The same staff were there, but this time they seemed very much more efficient, and the meal was served in under two hours - very reasonable!

I think I won't have owned restaurants any more, as while I did play as the owner for a while I found it quite boring. Not even a challenge since sending staff for training doesn't actually make them unavailable while they train etc. So it involves no tactics
  • Options
    Interesting. Did you check the training level of the staff before you sold it ?

I need to try that.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited June 2016
    They were up to nearly 3 blue chips, and had been told to cook normally. I couldn't check them when the owner wasn't in play. I had assumed that when I was in the restaurant as a visitor it would behave like an unowned lot. I bet what actually happens is that the tuning that tests their skill levels is bypassed as it's of no interest on an unowned lot and there is nothing the player can do about it anyway.
  • Options
    But it shouldn't work worse than an unowned restaurant.

For me, the un-owned one have different staff each time.

I visited my own once with another family and it was my staff + 1 waiter added while another time they were completely different.
    AHQ Tutorial