Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4, Transparency, and Boycotting

1353637383941...Next

Comments

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I pledged already... Have not bought another Sims game (or any EA game of I'm honest) since I originally purchased the base game and GTW.

There is nothing that will make me play this again; I'm waiting for TS5, but even then, I don't want to pay EA/Maxis for it.

--T
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    I almost broke my pledge during The 25% sale, but luckily, I just moved into a new apartment and don't have Internet atm lol

LOL! That's not a pledge... that's just bad luck (sorry you missed the sale!) :joy:

If you want the game, you should definitely get it when it goes on sale again! No need to take the pledge if you enjoy the game and want the EP. This is for the players who are unhappy with the game right now.

...still holding out for family play! I'm surprised that people are still pledging, that's really awesome!
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I AM unhappy with the game... sometimes. I hadn't played it for two months until I got a little bored of Fallout 4 last week and now it's a cute little game again, eventhough it's still not near the sims predecessor I want it to be. I'm sure, I will get bored of it again eventually, something that didn't happen with the last three games (or better said, when it was about to happen, they delivered great new content with lots of new things to do).
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited February 2016
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    I AM unhappy with the game... sometimes. I hadn't played it for two months until I got a little bored of Fallout 4 last week and now it's a cute little game again, eventhough it's still not near the sims predecessor I want it to be. I'm sure, I will get bored of it again eventually, something that didn't happen with the last three games (or better said, when it was about to happen, they delivered great new content with lots of new things to do).

If there are elements of the game that you don't like, you'd be better served posting in the Ideas and Feedback forum, or directly asking the devs [frown]on Twitter[/frown] for specific improvements.

Players who buy and play TS4 products have a louder voice than players who don't thanks to telemetry. The pledge is for players who want their reasons for not buying the game to also be heard. Some of us still want to play the Sims (even if we need to wait for TS5), but if we aren't playing or buying or communicating our reasons for this... telemetrics will result in no chance of us getting our game play back and no hope for TS5. For some players who took the pledge, it was just a form of closure as they wanted to let EA know why--after buying all of their Sims merchandise since 2000--they aren't going to support the Sims anymore.

Wanting a game that you already enjoy to be better, does not constitute boycotting it--just be patient! Regardless of my harsher opinion of TS4, even I can acknowledge that, for players who enjoy the game, it will get better as new features and content are added. :confounded:

Just support the Sims whenever you enjoy the game, and take advantage of the sales!
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    *facepalm*
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Mr Bump also gives a facepalm...

mr__men_mr__bump_by_erica_sakura-d8kku2o.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    I don't really care about resurrecting old topics, there are no forum rules against it. But if there's nothing useful to add to it.

28mha44.jpg

To stay on topic, though I am not interested in TS Franchise beyond TS3. So yeah, I'm not on the train to cartoon land. The first Sims iteration ever to not interest me because it is everything TS is not. If I had to show my interest from 0 to 100 it would be -100. So I quit the franchise, I choose not to spend money on something I don't like the direction of, I don't like the art style, I don't like the lack of depth, etc.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    iiimeeiiimee Posts: 402 Member
    It's your right to criticize and even boycott The Sims 4. It's also my right to tell you that I think the game's fine, and those boycotting it are silly. Really, I think most of the complaints thrown at TS4 come from spoiled brats, but of course there are a few things even I dislike... In the end, do what you want, but why is there a whole thread on The Sims 4 General Discussions about BOYCOTTING The Sims 4? This just seems a little ridiculous to me.
    Read At The Sim's Library
  • Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    I am just so sad that players think about boycotting and have already been boycotting. I personally believe that is all the company and the developers fault. After all, companies can't last without their customers.
    If game developers had done their job well from the beginning and listened to us, players in the first place, this kind of thread wouldn't be even here...
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    *facepalm*

And your point in bumping an old thread? Your post does not contribute to this thread.

@SimGuruDrake
    @SimGuruBChick
    @SimStaffBethelle
    @SimStaffJessica
    @SimStaffGabriel
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    It is your right to say that you don't want to play the game and it is human to search out fellow players who think like you do. People are like that, they want to run in packs. I understand the wish for change.

What I really don't get is ...hm. I hope that comes across like I want it to: it's (kind of) blackmail. Trying to push for change to fulfill your own self centered wishes. I don't ask you to stop, by the way, have at it, I only want to use my own right to express my opinion by replying. No, give me a second more to explain.

Not buying something because you don't like the content is a customer's choice but I get the feeling that in many cases it is less meant as a statement and more of a punishment. 'EA, your not doing what I want with this franchise, now I'll try to hurt you back! And to make sure that you know who's being a pain, let's show you and ask others to do it too.' Now, that might be the wrong impression, but that's how I see it.

Now, thought experiment, if EA suddenly altered their strategy, and only pushed out 'Toddler Play' which is something I don't want to play, would I use your tactics? I don't think so, I would play without buying new content until it got boring, then delet the game from my computer to make room for new games, maybe make copy on a backup to keep my fav safe.

Secondly, I might have missunderstood you, but I read your words to mean that EAs refusal to 'listen' to requests about toddlers is what brassed you off. Not open world or any of the other differences to Sims3, but 'Family Play' aka, to the fans of those livestage, toddlers.
    I included toddlers in my gameplay in Sims3, but after two tries I avoided them. That was my choice and for the sake of others I hope you get your toddlers so you can have choice too but at the moment I'm more sympathetic to players who want pets or seasons.

And here's why: I've seen so many more or less open insistencies that Sims4 is only about Party (how deprived, how shallow!!!!) with no Family Play and that's only true if you think that Family is all about toddlers. The insistense that Family Play isn't in the game without toddlers makes me gnash my teeth, mainly because of the way this opinion is presented like it is iron clad. The notion that a family isn't wonderful without a toddler in it (baby objects don't count) is slightly hurtful to me.
    That's very personal and not very rational, I am aware, but I'm certainly not the only woman who can't help but think about every time she'd been reduced to a (malfunctioning) toddler factory whenever some ultra traditional biddy or well meaning person inquires about 'no babies yet? poor you...'
    Nice lifepartner, nice home, good career? It is not enough if there are no babies!

Tell me if that's not what many toddler fans are moaning about?

You don't mean it in a insulting way, but it mirrors exactly the sort of situation I've described above.

My families enjoy get togethers on their patio, they watch movies and they visit restaurants. They earn money to pay for their hobbies and houses. They snuggle, fight and share their pixelated life and are happy. They certainly 'share the joy of family' with each other.

kind regards,
    Morri
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited June 2016
    *people*. So funny. You're all lecturing an old thread because of a facepalm moment by someone who felt the need to resurrect a thread for no reason other than to express such a feeling. A serious facepalm moment if I'd ever seen one.

Epic!

Look at the dates of the posts before adding your own facepalms. This is why people don't like resurrected threads in case anyone ever wondered. It's not because of snobbery. It's usually out of what this particular thread has resurrected.

Gave me a good laugh though. No disrespect to the OP. As this has passed on and should have been left to rest.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    twinsister27twinsister27 Posts: 530 Member
    MorriSan wrote: »
    I've seen so many more or less open insistencies that Sims4 is only about Party (how deprived, how shallow!!!!) with no Family Play and that's only true if you think that Family is all about toddlers. The insistense that Family Play isn't in the game without toddlers makes me gnash my teeth, mainly because of the way this opinion is presented like it is iron clad. The notion that a family isn't wonderful without a toddler in it (baby objects don't count) is slightly hurtful to me.
    That's very personal and not very rational, I am aware, but I'm certainly not the only woman who can't help but think about every time she'd been reduced to a (malfunctioning) toddler factory whenever some ultra traditional biddy or well meaning person inquires about 'no babies yet? poor you...'
    Nice lifepartner, nice home, good career? It is not enough if there are no babies!

Tell me if that's not what many toddler fans are moaning about?

You don't mean it in a insulting way, but it mirrors exactly the sort of situation I've described above.

My families enjoy get togethers on their patio, they watch movies and they visit restaurants. They earn money to pay for their hobbies and houses. They snuggle, fight and share their pixelated life and are happy. They certainly 'share the joy of family' with each other.

kind regards,
    Morri
    Well, in real life and TS3, you see your baby grow up. Say their first words, take their first steps, sleep through the night, potty train. In TS3, family play is playing with families and raising the babies into Toddlers and then Children and then they make friends and go through school and have their first relationship and eventually get married. There's a real sense of progression through their life in TS3 because if you look at the parent's or older sibling's memories, you can see that Sim who just got married as a Toddler, and you remember teaching them to talk and walk.
    The Sims is meant to be a life simulation. In The Sims in 2000, nobody cared there were no other life stages except Baby, Child, and Adult because nothing like this had existed before. TS2 came out and added all the life stages and improved on TS1, giving the future games a standard.
    Yes, families in reality get pizza and have parties, have dinners for birthdays or holidays together, watch movies or eat out. But that is not all they do. Toddlers constantly are not following the rules their parents put in place and get in trouble! At a get together when your [insert relative] was less than six years old, they probably couldn't sit still for very long, cried or whined a lot, and are constantly going through phases such as hitting. One mother made a rule that if her daughter hit anyone, they would leave immediately no matter what. It's 17 on this list:
    http://www.mommyshorts.com/2016/03/21-legendary-pubishments-that-kids-couldnt-forget-if-they-tried.html
    Yes, then they grew up but then they would start making friends and having crushes and having a significant other and eventually get married and have or adopt a kid. in TS4 there is a sense of: Having a baby, taking care of it, not teaching anything, going to school and giving them homework, then they grow up and go through their first crush and get a significant other and then get married. But if you take away that sense of realism, it takes away a lot.
    One big moment for any new parent is holding their new baby for the very first time. A moment like no other because they gave birth to that little person and this is a moment they will remember forever. In TS4, they can hold their babies, but they put them in the cot right after and can't take them out until they age up. To a Child.
  • Options
    kikosimXLkikosimXL Posts: 6 New Member
    I pledged, "I refuse to pay into The Sims4 because I have bought every piece of dlc from Sims1 and on to Sims3 and haven't seen the same love for developing the game since Makin' Magic and Sims2 Strangetown. How can I pay for a game that even developers have no curiosity or love for? Since Sims3 Store, EAxis has got greedy and no longer cares if a game works, but only if the game "works" for them in collecting money from devoted franchise fans. I refuse! Sims4, Sims5, Sims6?? It won't end, and nothing will play or give enjoyment like OFB Sims2 or a heavily modded Sims3 (after dealing with every single PATCH version...), Sims content should be a given and free for the inherent curiosity of Simmers, not mass manufactured and half-baked to STEAL 60 dollars from children or fans every 6 months!"

Because I have played for over a decade (from e Machine, to 2016) and have lost interest in my "Stories" ever since TS3 debuted as a basegame with rabbithole stores! I have finally settled with TS3 after heavy modding and waiting for every single patch and even NRAAS got bored and quit! I cannot bear to go back to TS2 without my old families, but my Stories will remain in TS3 as I do not believe that further iterations of the Sims franchise will get better, only remove features, simplify and "cartoonify" in the hopes of snagging a new generation of child or fans who desperately hope that TS4 will be a TS3, in that it was so terrible to play when first released, but matured with expensive DLC that now it is the new standard.
    Support for TS3 will disappear as it did for TS2, but the community of fans will continue to support it, even after EAxis lets the Store and Community fail. I would spend hours on TS2 and fantasize about what to create when I arrived home to the PC, now I only hit up my Sims-dedicated PC when the PS4 bores me, and despite wanting to continue my TS3 stories, I find it hard to wade through hours of gameplay to advance my Sim Stories rather than when I was enchanted by playing and couldn't stop having Sims dreams. Sims 4, Sims, 5, and Sims 6, will require a lot of money to gain even a half-decent experience, and I believe it will continue to lose charm and possibilities.

I think there are some parts where I did not articulate correctly what I mean, but I begged my mother for TS3 basegame when first released and was so horrified at the changes that I did not find inspiration to play for at least a year. I played a free demo of TS4 and cannot imagine moving my "Stories" to that platform despite great intuitive changes such as being able to conversate while performing actions, due to the amount of money I will have to pay just to get back my TS1, TS2, and TS3 experiences.
  • Options
    SpiderBitesSpiderBites Posts: 19 New Member
    Dam how I wish this game could be good, and how bad I wish It could crumble.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top