Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

does anyone not play babies in the sims 4??

Comments

• Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I usually play a single sim or childless couple, but when I choose to have one in my sim's family I'll let them be a baby for three days before they have a birthday. It's cute to have a picture of them hanging on the wall next to the birth certificate.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    For me, routing issues were a huge problem with toddlers for Sims3.

Toddler is next to crib, toddler is tired. Lets put the toddler to bed. Toddler then walks/crawls away from the crib, down the hall to another room to be picked up and taken back to the crib. Hopefully the toddler won't pass out on the floor trying to get picked up to be put to bed. You were right there .... just pick up and get in the crib ... no.

Same with stairs when the top of the stairs got blocked.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    The thing that bothers me about people not playing babies is the whole telemetry thing.

Of course I have no way of knowing if this is actually the way it goes.......Babies in TS3 weren't an awful lot of fun...I mean how much fun would you be if you were tightly cocooned in a blanket with not much to do? On to the next age...toddlers....they missed the mark on TS3 toddlers. Of course they can be cute but compared to TS2 toddlers they had very little to do.

So if babies and toddlers were less fun than TS2 and people didn't play them as much and aged them up quickly then that is the data that Maxis collected. They analyze the data....hmmmmmm, people aren't playing toddlers and babies much. They look at the fact that people may not have been playing them as much so they assume it's fine to have object babies and no toddlers in TS4....I mean after all....they see data of what people did....but telemetry doesn't tell them why people do it.

This is exactly it.

I don't play with babies in TS4 either. First game I've automatically aged them up if I have any. It's annoying because I love the advances in pregnancy in this game-and it's totally undermined for me by the object babies and no toddlers. Just feels pointless.
  • Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    Since playing the Sims 4 (on day of release) I have had one baby. I decided to try it out, that was the only time. Only play with teenagers and up, I just find babies useless and a waste of time, and I know I will feel the same if toddlers ever make an appearance. To me their a bit like marmite.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    It's a object not a baby so no I don't bother with another useless object.
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    in sims 4 i focus on my couple and they dont have kids yet i use sims 3 for my babies and toddlers

Me too. I don't play with families, it's just depressing.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    I am trying out the family play on Sims 4, babies, kid, teen. I don't like it, so I'm not sure if I'll play a baby again.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited June 2016
    Only when they cry

Geez, I read your title wrong, LOL
    Sometimes I have my sim have a baby, after the 2 day icon (moodlet?) goes away, I age them up.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I really don't like the pregnancy-bit, or playing with babies. I create all children with genetics and take it from there. I find kids and teens a lot of fun to play with :smile: having clubs for them and all kinds off stuff.
  • Options
    FFX2Paine506FFX2Paine506 Posts: 675 Member
    edited June 2016
    I've made maybe 4 families total since this game came out.
    -The number one thing that bothers me is obviously object babies and no toddlers.
    -What I really despise is the fact that there is no punishment for your child doing awful. My child and teen can go straight into adulthood with an F in school and still end up with a trait of my choice, this game legitimately doesn't care.
    -Third, I'm so sick of my teen looking basically exactly like a young adult.
    Families are so ignored and pointless in this game.
    ~I do not use mods or cc~
  • Options
    Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    I take pics of the hospital births, and put baby photos on the photo wall I have in almost every home. Then I take care of them for 2 nights and age them up because I just can't stand how helpless they are. But I let them age for 2 days to maintain a sense of normalcy with the world. Aging them up sooner means they're getting older faster than their relatives.

I usually rush through baby/toddler phases in all of the games because I like my sims/pets to maintain some independence. If it can't feed itself, entertain itself, or travel around the lot by itself, it becomes a nuisance pretty quickly.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    The babies are cute, but the children bore me. So I usually age up the kids (and often teens) pretty quickly.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    edited June 2016
    I have 3 babies in my main game, and I haven't aged any of them up because I'm waiting for toddlers. In my legacy game I had 2 children, and I just didn't feel much connection to them. It was so strange going fro baby to child.... And even chikd to teen. I do have children and teens in my main game, but I created the families that way. I hope they do add the two life stages with generations soon.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited June 2016
    Babies in this game are nothing but objects. We can't do much with them. They just cry and that's pretty much it. I just age them up. I wish we could do a lot more with them. Such a shame. :( I wish we could have babies in TS4 like they have in TSFP.
  • Options
    FrogPrinceFrogPrince Posts: 485 Member
    I have never played with babies in the game. I always create families with children and play them.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    It's 50/50 with me. Sometimes if I'm feeling generous I'll have the babies stay babies for a few days and then age them up and sometimes I just age them up because there's really no use in waiting. As for the Teen/YA/Adult stages, Teens the only thing I like about them is that they can wear whatever the older stages can wear (unlike TS3) but I agree they don't really feel like teens just pre-YAs that can't woohoo or get married or have full fledged careers.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    -What I really despise is the fact that there is no punishment for your child doing awful. My child and teen can go straight into adulthood with an F in school and still end up with a trait of my choice, this game legitimately doesn't care.

For me, I count this as a good thing. I always hated how children in Sims3 had to be perfect straight A students, else the player was punished with a random trait and the child/teen aged up badly. I like how with Sims4, not every child needs to be an honor student and if the kid/teen squeaks through high school on a D, life just goes on. I like that freedom and that choice myself.
  • Options
    FFX2Paine506FFX2Paine506 Posts: 675 Member
    edited June 2016
    Gruffman wrote: »

For me, I count this as a good thing. I always hated how children in Sims3 had to be perfect straight A students, else the player was punished with a random trait and the child/teen aged up badly. I like how with Sims4, not every child needs to be an honor student and if the kid/teen squeaks through high school on a D, life just goes on. I like that freedom and that choice myself.

Don't get me wrong, it's cool that you can slack on children's responsibilities, but maybe instead of traits we could have another form of punishment. It could be something really simple like the parents get a call and have to yell at the child, instead of the principal calling the actual student (cause what's that going to do??). I think there should be something that won't affect them in their adulthood like the trait thing does. Another option would be to ground our children, such as not letting them use the laptop or TV. Anything that doesn't have a negative impact on them until death I'm down for. And the yelling and grounding could be completely optional instead of mandatory.
    ~I do not use mods or cc~
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I keep the babies around for 1 Sim day and then age them up. I did the same in TS2 and 3 with babies and toddlers as well.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    MzB06 wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I play with the babies long enough for the parents to become "good friends" with their child and then I age the baby up. I use the baby time as sort of a "bonding" time as I didn't find it realistic that they barely knew their child if I aged the baby up straight away.

I really do hope we get toddlers because that is the best time for bonding. :)

I quite often do the same. I just think the babies are some what unnecessary in this game (Yes, I hope toddlers will become a part of this game too). The babies need a drastic revamping to them. The crying is completely unrealistic- for instance, my sim's baby cried about every 2 sim minutes after a feeding, rocking, and diaper change.....it might be a bug or something idk

My babies seem to have been pretty good and not cry all the time. Usually cuddling, rocking, feeding and changing keeps them happy. But like I said, my parents spend a lot of time with them for bonding.

Only glitch I have seen with babies is if the crib has been too close to the bathtub in the nearby washroom, which stops a sim from taking a bath. Don't know if it's been fixed as I haven'\t played with infants for a bit because I am on rotation in other households doing other things.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I always play with the babies, I find them cute and I like to make the parents and siblings interact with them. I often do some family reunions too. It's cute when they interact with the baby and help the parents.

I'm not bothered by the fact they are stuck in the bassinet, I didn't like putting them on the ground in TS2 so they spent all their time in their bed anyway. I would like more options to customize the babies clothes, change the bassinet, or add plushes to it though, so they don't all look pretty much the same.
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    I love how babys look in Sims 4, huge improvement on the burrito babys of sims 3, but that's about it.
    I hate how they are just objects. Ive tried getting my legacy family up and running but I just get frustrated. Some of the interactions are great...which just adds to the frustration
    The baby/child stage needs a lot of work and love.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    I played for months before biting the bullet and having a Sim couple get pregnant. I kept her as a baby for four days then aged her up to a child. While I enjoy playing her and seeing what is in the game for kids, it just feels kind of empty to me. It was like that in TS3 for me, too. And there were toddlers in TS3. Oh, the routing issues our toddlers had! In my games parents left their little ones on sidewalks, in other Sims' yards, out in the weather. All of that made playing babies and toddlers almost impossible for me. The parents lacked parenting skills and a whole lot of common sense.

I will have more babies and kids in my games, though. I will probably rush through the baby stage and play the kids. I am having a good time with TS4 but I admit I do miss having more realistic life stages. I hope this doesn't end up being too problematic to implement in the game. I know the teams are doing the best they can with what they have to work with.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I still play with the Baby Life Stage and I often get the Parent Sims to become good friends with the Baby before it ages up. I don't see any point in having content but not making use of it :3
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    in sims 4 i focus on my couple and they dont have kids yet i use sims 3 for my babies and toddlers

No, I don't. There's really nothing you can do with them. I use them just to increase population.