Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    mookie1981mookie1981 Posts: 189 Member
    edited June 2016
    emilymsims wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we have even had any toddler hints?
    or has it only been silence?
    Thanks!
    Seems they have found a teddy bear and baby bottle at the cooking station for sims dine out gp. Read this thread. Nothing is concreate.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889882/toddler-hint-in-dine-out/p1
    2vmcal4.jpg
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Haha I said that. @mookie1981 ;)
  • Options
    @crazycat_135 lol sorry.
    2vmcal4.jpg
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited June 2016
    @mookie1981 It's okay. Do you think the baby bottle may be a hint for toddlers?
  • Options
    @crazycat_135 I do. I don't see any other reason it would be there. Its not related to the pack. They know we have been asking about them. I don't think its for the babies that's already in the game. I feel we are going to get toddlers very soon.
    2vmcal4.jpg
  • Options
    pupunikpupunik Posts: 62 Member
    and remember, that the team knows how much we want toddlers, and not would put a bottle or bear without reason, believe that they can come up to the end of the year or until February of next year.
    sorry my English do not speak fluently.
  • Options
    CookiioCookiio Posts: 31 Member
    I don`t think you missed much of anything that I would be extremely excited to see and play with in the sims 4. even if its in the far future I think if they allowed for most or any of these suggestions to happen I would never want to stop playing. I was extremely excited for the new game patch update and as time goes on I see more and more opportunities to interject toddies<3 adoption should let you chose if its a baby ,kid or toddler,and if babies were more customization I think that would really bring back those who went back to the sims 3.
  • Options
    KrystKryst Posts: 95 Member
    > @aws200 said:
    > sparkfairy1 wrote: »
    >
    > aws200 wrote: »
    >
    > So why does this thread exist? Is this a hint hint or nothing.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You know the answer really. They never tell :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hah! Yeah that's the answer to everything; cricket, cricket, cricket. lol

Omg Totally Agree with you!

Your sig makes me happy :)
    tumblr_mgr2j44MwG1rpgt2to1_400.gif
    Galaxy defender, stay forever.
  • Options
    MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    mookie1981 wrote: »
    emilymsims wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we have even had any toddler hints?
    or has it only been silence?
    Thanks!
    Seems they have found a teddy bear and baby bottle at the cooking station for sims dine out gp. Read this thread. Nothing is concreate.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889882/toddler-hint-in-dine-out/p1

@mookie1981 I'm glad you posted this link! :) Although i'm a bit horrible with patience, I hope and cross my fingers that Toddlers will be in the game in the near future.

• Options
    ScheinNightfireScheinNightfire Posts: 8 New Member
    MzB06 wrote: »

@mookie1981 I'm glad you posted this link! :) Although i'm a bit horrible with patience, I hope and cross my fingers that Toddlers will be in the game in the near future.

I'm pretty horrible with patience too... but I'll join you in the hoping and crossing of fingers. It would be really nice to have toddlers again soon :smile:
  • Options
    WolffyWolffy Posts: 71 Member
    edited June 2016
    Some more ideas:

Battery operated cars! Not the remote control ones, but the ones you ride in. I had one when I was a child. I somehow managed to ride over my brother's foot AND get it stuck on top of a bucket in one day. True story.

Another fun thing would be playground interactions. Some of these might be a little too old for toddlers, but they might be actions they can grow into (i.e. they can only do certain things as a toddler and other actions they can only do as a child).
    Slide: Slide down. Climb up (Sim children waiting to go down can get annoyed at the other Sim for hogging the slide).
    Sandbox: Build Castle. Stomp on Castle. Dig for treasure.
    Swings: Swing normally. Jump off. Swing on belly (I used to do this all the time as a child. As a matter of fact I once took a running jump for the swing, completely missed, and faceplanted on the other side :D).
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Wolffy wrote: »
    Some more ideas:

Battery operated cars! Not the remote control ones, but the ones you ride in. I had one when I was a child. I somehow managed to ride over my brother's foot AND get it stuck on top of a bucket in one day. True story.

Another fun thing would be playground interactions. Some of these might be a little too old for toddlers, but they might be actions they can grow into (i.e. they can only do certain things as a toddler and other actions they can only do as a child).
    Slide: Slide down. Climb up (Sim children waiting to go down can get annoyed at the other Sim for hogging the slide).
    Swings: Swing normally. Jump off. Swing on belly (I used to do this all the time as a child. As a matter of fact I once took a running jump for the swing, completely missed, and faceplanted on the other side :D).

Love your ideas!

Oh how envious I am that you had one of those cars! I always wanted one as a kid! :) ouch on the faceplant though! ;)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I want a toddler trailer for bikes, so Sims can ride with their toddlers to community lots.
    bike-trailer.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I want a toddler trailer for bikes, so Sims can ride with their toddlers to community lots.
    bike-trailer.jpg

Okay that would be the cutest thing ever! <3
  • Options
    JennisloudJennisloud Posts: 3 New Member
    Bring in task for the parents or guardians such as teach to walk/talk.
    You could also put in a few mischievous actions such as throwing food or toys, breaking out of the crib and making messes.
    Bring in a few buy mode objects such as an xylophone, play pen, etc.
  • Options
    debraactsdebraacts Posts: 35 Member
    One of the things that has bugged me in S3 is that if your Sims is out and about town carrying the toddler (or baby) and the child is sleepy, it will not fall asleep in the parent Sims' arms. I would love it if in S4 the toddler will fall asleep in their arms and the parent could then put the sleeping child to bed/crib. And if they are out and about and the toddler is awaken due to loud people or such, they get cranky and tense until they fall asleep again. Or the parent could rock the baby/toddler to sleep and then put them to bed while they are still asleep. I would love a cute cuddle moodlet when the toddler, still asleep, snuggles in the parent's arms, sucking its thumb.

Thumb sucking! Pacificiers! That would be great! Learning not to suck their thumb would be great.
  • Options
    Maylee2Maylee2 Posts: 179 Member
    edited June 2016
    Nvm

Nvm
  • Options
    crystaldacitycrystaldacity Posts: 79 Member
    @ZhaguiSimmer i really like your avi
    Hello! I'm Crystaldacity. I love the sims! <3
  • Options
    crystaldacitycrystaldacity Posts: 79 Member
    edited June 2016
    nvm!-
    Hello! I'm Crystaldacity. I love the sims! <3
  • Options
    MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Wolffy wrote: »
    Some more ideas:

I love this idea! My younger sister had a remote control car..... that I would kindly place her into the passenger seat, and take control of the wheel. LOL

I would like to possibly see the seesaw/swing thing. I forgot exactly what it is called, but it was loads of fun. :smiley:
  • Options
    WolffyWolffy Posts: 71 Member
    MzB06 wrote: »
    I would like to possibly see the seesaw/swing thing. I forgot exactly what it is called, but it was loads of fun. :smiley:

I think they're called gliders? Possibly glider swings? Does that sound familiar? It's been so long now that I honestly can't remember. xD
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    And for I cant seem to find how to edit Posts, let me say that I appologise If I broke any rules myself that I werent aware of.
    I looked at some of the Post in this thread I missed, and couldnt find my post where I added the Idea of a interactive Dummy (not the puppets used to test cars, but the Things Babys and Toddlers use to have in their Mouths) and the Jealousy of the Parents when A toddler bonds with someone from outside the Family. Have there been any reactions to it?

Also, I Hope that when Toddlers are added, they dont leave the life states out.
    I am talking of Alien Toddlers haveing special clothing, Interactions and objects dedicated to them.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    @Armilus616 Yeah that's good for people who don't want them, but how are they ever going to add on to them if they're in one single pack. They'd be very limited. I think if people don't want them there should be a disable option in the settings.

Then there should be a setting to disable every age state.
    So there could be a Savegame someone just is pregnant, and the Child is an Adult instantly.
    Or another where everything above child is disabled. A world populated only with Children and Toddlers.
    I would Like that sort of Settings. Fun to mess arround, and Ideal to bring on wierd worlds. :smiley:
  • Options
    KatsaurusKatsaurus Posts: 7 New Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    @Armilus616 Yeah that's good for people who don't want them, but how are they ever going to add on to them if they're in one single pack. They'd be very limited. I think if people don't want them there should be a disable option in the settings.

Then there should be a setting to disable every age state.
    So there could be a Savegame someone just is pregnant, and the Child is an Adult instantly.
    Or another where everything above child is disabled. A world populated only with Children and Toddlers.
    I would Like that sort of Settings. Fun to mess arround, and Ideal to bring on wierd worlds. :smiley:

Or, even easier, people who don't like babies or toddlers can just click on them to age them up instantly. Like how we do with those pieces of furnitu- I mean babies. Easiest option, and it would make everyone happy.
    Please NO toddlers ever.

Also @catmando830 & everyone else I've seen now and then in this thread that are against the toddler lifestage; this is a LIFE SIMULATION game. Not a "create a character and go partying" game. Go find yourself another game if you're not happy with this one.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Yea i constantly go back to the sims3 because i can't deal with the sims 4 and how its all about partying. My sims get constant text messages to gp this this new club blah blah blah and they could be adults and Elders. Not saying they don't party but lets get real here I'll be 27 years old this year, I have 2 kids and I'm married. I'm done partying. I don't mind going out with my girlfriends every once ina while, but I'd prefer to be at home with my children or having a nice time out with my husband or family. My party days (Clubbing, drinking, dancing etc) are done and gone and I don't want to go back to it. LOL Idk maybe I'm thinking too personally about this, but there;s so much missing from the family aspect of the game
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".