Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ever since...

Ever since I got the dine out pack my game has not been running smoothly at all. I believe I have all the minimum requirements (I don't know how to check) but the game just constantly crashes. It never did it as bad with my get to worknow. I can barely play for an hour before the game just crashes. I'm not sure if it's my computer, the game, or the pack but I need some serious help. It's really starting to make me sick and I'm almost to the point of just uninstailing it.

Comments

• Options
    Nicwebb82Nicwebb82 Posts: 447 Member
    Do you have any mods or cc?
  • Options
    Linabelina360Linabelina360 Posts: 362 Member
    Do you have any mods in your game because it could be affecting it.
    tumblr_n9ycvbU66h1tv6zypo1_500.gif
    The heart can't beat with out a rhythm
  • Options
    ST7_MTNMANST7_MTNMAN Posts: 172 Member
    Ever since I got the dine out pack my game has not been running smoothly at all. I believe I have all the minimum requirements (I don't know how to check) but the game just constantly crashes. It never did it as bad with my get to worknow. I can barely play for an hour before the game just crashes. I'm not sure if it's my computer, the game, or the pack but I need some serious help. It's really starting to make me sick and I'm almost to the point of just uninstailing it.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited June 2016
    Do you have any mods or Cc? Sounds like conflicting CC. Try taking out all your mods before you play the next time and see if the game is more stable.
  • Options
    Pendragon44231Pendragon44231 Posts: 8 New Member
    I have one mod but I don't even have it on in the game. Can I get rid of mods?
  • Options
    Yes, go to your mods folder and move it to your desktop and then start your game.
  • Options
    Where do I find that folder? I mean I'm looking through it but I don't know what to look for..
  • Options
    Crap I accidently recycled something and now my sims game is not working.
  • Options
    Woah wait if I repair the game will my families be fine? Or is that not going to help?
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    edited June 2016
    Yes your family will be fine if you repair the game.

It might help to repair it. Try it and see if it helps then report back :smile:
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    Go to your Documents and open up your Electronics Art folder. Then you open up the sims 4 folder. Then go just move the mods folder to your desktop. A new one will make one in its own.
  • Options
    Okay let me see if repairing it worked. Then I'll try and locate the mod folder...it shouldn't be difficult to play a simple game. I just want to enjoy it. But I'll report back and if nothing works then I literally have no idea what to do. Probably going to have to get a new computer :'(
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Okay let me see if repairing it worked. Then I'll try and locate the mod folder...it shouldn't be difficult to play a simple game. I just want to enjoy it. But I'll report back and if nothing works then I literally have no idea what to do. Probably going to have to get a new computer :'(

Not necessarily! Keep letting us know what you try, and we'll keep helping you work with what you've got as much as possible :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Okay so I moved a folder to the desktop (DLC) that should get rid of the mods hopefully. The repairing it didn't work. I went to a restaurant wother two sims and when I go to order it crashed. I did it again and no new result. This pack just can't seem to function right on my computer. The get to work pack is fine...other games from the Sims franchise, including expansions, has never given me a problem like this. Does anyone know how to maybe clear memory space on an HP computer? I don't know what else to do
  • Options
    I really don't want to lower my graphics but that might help at the same time. I have everything at high.
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    That's definitely worth a try. I would suggest making a thread in the technical forum as they might be able to help you better over there. :smile:
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Try a complete gameplay folder refresh:

1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. If there is a folder inside Saves called Scratch, delete it.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    4. Copy all the folders (except Mods, for now) and the file back and start the game again.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Okay I have another post with this problem but I decided to put it on here too. The other day I downloaded the Dine Out pack. Everything seemed great but then everytime I go to save more than 3 times the game crashes. And then if I don't save and go on for a while it still crashes but when I'm at a restaurant, either order food (which without doubt makes my game crash) or just being in the restaurants. I don't understand why it keeps crashing. I did the one thing where you go to task manager to disable almost all the start ups and other programs (Though I don't think I did it correctly) and then I tried repairing the game-that didn't work- I moved a folder called DLC from the Sims 4 folder onto my desktop. I can't seem to find the mods folder...I have only one script mod. I'm not sure if it's my computer or the pack causing problems but I just want to play the game. Sure before I had the pack it crashed but I could save quite a bit so I wouldn't lose content and play for quite a while till it crashed but now I can barely play! Please help
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    Go to Documents -Electronic Arts - sims 4 -mods and remove that mods folder.
    Start the game and see if that helps.

If the issues remain, try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that :
    Right click on The Sims 4 tile in Origin.
    Select “Game Properties”
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”