Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suprises in Dine Out

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
I remember SimGuruDrake saying there are suprises in this pack that they wouldn't reveal during the livestream.

Any guesses as to what they could be? I'm thinking recipes that haven't been revealed yet.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    pajamajam07pajamajam07 Posts: 314 Member
    I'm thinking recipes as well. I have no clue about what elses it could be.
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    I think it might be the reactions to some of those new experimental foods. You can't eat something like lava pasta and have a normal night out I'm sure lol.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    pezhead7 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for Agnus Crumplbottom

Yes please!!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    They didn't show off the "powerful" moodlets Sims get when they eat experimental foods. Maybe that'll be the surprise. There's like 20 experimental foods, so the potential for extreme moodlets is high!
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Quaay wrote: »
    I think it might be the reactions to some of those new experimental foods. You can't eat something like lava pasta and have a normal night out I'm sure lol.
    That's what I was thinking. I'm imagining a foodie will respond more favorably to them than the average sim who prefers pancakes and mac and cheese for dinner.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I saw a "Send out Cake..." interaction -- will we be able to set the choice of cakes?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I saw a "Send out Cake..." interaction -- will we be able to set the choice of cakes?

Now that you mention it, I did see somewhere on twitter about someone finding various different cakes (other than the ones we already have) in debug. I'm going to start my game just to be sure.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Maybe some in-depth game play to make it interesting?
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

They showed that interaction in the pie menu during the Livestream.
  • Options
    Yup I found three new kinds of cake one yellow, blue and pink. And they're all birthday cakes.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    That's crazy talk this is Sims 4.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

200.gif
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Yup I found three new kinds of cake one yellow, blue and pink. And they're all birthday cakes.

They look like recolours of the gourmet "Tiered cake" - I saw them in debug.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

@ChadSims2 ikr..sorry, dunno what came over me right then. Must be weak from lack of excitement. :smirk:
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I think the new socials might be considered surprises for us. I know we saw Feed a Bite in the trailer, but they didn't show any off in the demo.
  • Options
    Simanite wrote: »
    I think the new socials might be considered surprises for us. I know we saw Feed a Bite in the trailer, but they didn't show any off in the demo.

The probably just overlooked it. I'm guessing they had a set time for the livestream so they had to cover all of the basics and answer a few questions or as much as they could anyway. So the smaller details didn't get an honorable mention haha. Plus if you noticed during the lifestream they were going really fast.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    hey, it might just be a toddler crawling along in the restaurant!
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    I'd love for it to be a new npc like crumplebottom. But i know we are getting the food critic so i'm saying thats not very likely.

The most likley of what everyone has said so far is the moodlets from experimental foods, but i'm hoping its a bit more than that.

Maybe new aspirations or traits?
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    ST7_MTNMANST7_MTNMAN Posts: 172 Member
    Maybe your resturaunt gets infected with "Roaches" or "Rats!" And you have to call an Exterminator? :) I saw something scurrying in the video although i think it was a leaf but ya never know! :)
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    ST7_MTNMAN wrote: »
    Maybe your resturaunt gets infected with "Roaches" or "Rats!" And you have to call an Exterminator? :) I saw something scurrying in the video although i think it was a leaf but ya never know! :)

That would actually be kind of cool. They also could have an NPC health inspector come by and determine if your restaurant should stay open or close.

• Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    ST7_MTNMAN wrote: »

Hey I TOTALLY wouldnt complain about this! It would affect your star rating and makes complete sense to have in the game. Though I feel like it would be patch content. I miss the exterminator :(
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    I'm hoping for the surprise proposal to make a comeback. I would love some new cakes too since I love to bake in RL! <3
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    edited June 2016
    Maybe, if the food is so bad your sims throw up all over the place which starts a chain reaction? and drops your star rating from 5 to 1 in one puking, lol
    surprise
    That would be surprisingly funny
    Post edited by uryga on
  • Options
    ST7_MTNMANST7_MTNMAN Posts: 172 Member
    I remember SimGuruDrake saying there are suprises in this pack that they wouldn't reveal during the livestream.

Any guesses as to what they could be? I'm thinking recipes that haven't been revealed yet.

Maybe Lobster and crab traps or as a new fish to catch and put in you Aquarium to keep fresh? Or maybe it is in the new Ingredients you order I don't know I have to much time to brainstorm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!