Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 High Fashion Showcase (Issue #5 OUT NOW!!!)

Comments

• Options
    KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    When is this due?I might need a day or two.
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited June 2016
    MODEL NAME: Vanessa Byers
    ACCENT COLOR: teal
    POSE #: 4

YkSohq4.png
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    EliavahEliavah Posts: 2,270 Member
    You're magazine is so cute :3, I just have a one small suggestion / concern . .
    There is a severe lack of black dark skinned models.. And also a lack of POC models, and dark skinned POC models in general :c There are a lot of beautiful models in the magazine, but going through 5 issues and only seeing really . . . one model that i could think of. I dont mean to sound rude or like Im starting drama cause im not trying to haha. Just a small concern / critique.
    I do like the layout and the stuff in it though, and your interview with Madlen was great (Didnt know he was Serbian) :3
  • Options
    Eliavah wrote: »
    You're magazine is so cute :3, I just have a one small suggestion / concern . .
    There is a severe lack of black dark skinned models.. And also a lack of POC models, and dark skinned POC models in general :c There are a lot of beautiful models in the magazine, but going through 5 issues and only seeing really . . . one model that i could think of. I dont mean to sound rude or like Im starting drama cause im not trying to haha. Just a small concern / critique.
    I do like the layout and the stuff in it though, and your interview with Madlen was great (Didnt know he was Serbian) :3

@Eliavah
    That's why I decided to change my model,I thought there was kind of a lack of diversity.Completely get where you're coming from.But then again,that may just be because I myself am a person of color and relate to that.

I also try to always give my models unique names to match with their looks and personality.Some cultures have the most unique of names,and I think that adds on to their identity.I also think there's something beautiful about mixing cultures,so I make my models mixed.I had a friend who was Hawaiian and black and her name was June, she kinda inspired my model.She looked so unique,she had such sharp features and her eyes were just so pretty.

But yeah,hopefully at the very least,we have one colored model in the magazine.Me myself,I'm fine with that.In my own opinion I don't think people should start making their models darker just to be "politically correct",but rather because they find beauty in them and really love them.There's nothing worse that forced acceptance.

That's just my two cents anyways :D I'll stop rambling and start working on my entry lol
  • Options
    EliavahEliavah Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited June 2016
    @Kelebek I saw your model actually and shes very beautiful. Unique names defintely also help, especially if their traditonal names of thay culture.
    Youre defintely right, people shouldnt create black sims, and POC sims to just be politically correct. But I feel like the fact that it isnt sort of just . . nature is a problem. You get what I mean?
    Like as youre creating a sim just as its natural to click the light tones in CAS it should be natural to click the dark tones. Thats probably because the way society is just raised though.
    But thats what makes me kinda . . upset? Dissapointed? Concerned? Many feelinhs but I cant put it to words.
    And im not just asking white sims to be dark skinned lol, I talk about features too. Yes theres black people, and POC people with different features. But we never see traditional features. And usually they are still of light tones and non traditonal features. (It is a little better than just predominatly white sims). But it is a huge problem that society has taugh that leaks into videogame culture too. Everyone makes fun of the black person with dark skin, a wider nose and beautiful full lips (calling them fish lips etc.) But they praise black woman of "caramel"(so they call it) with *not too big lips* and skinny noses (according to these people). Is there a problem with these lighter skin black woman? Not al all. (Nor lighter skin POC either, I am one myself, hispanic, and eurropean mixed if your wonderin). The problem lies in the scrutinizing of the darker skinned woman. And many people praise mixed black woman, but not just black woman.
    I feel like more people should just be inclined to make these kind of sims, without thinking "oh I dont have any black sims I should make them for people wont point out that I have no diversity in my game".
    But people sometimes dont even realize what theyre doing, thats why I pointed it out lol. Making different simseven characters in games, regardless of skin tone has always just been first nature to me. Ive never though 'Hey I should make a black sim to be diverse and not called out!' It was always just hey I made a sim. Its been like that since sims 1 for me actually.
    Anyways yes, again not trying to start drama. But people wont realize their mistakes if their not pointed out on it really. And some other people can be more blunt then me (which they have every right to be really, especially if they are a black person who is just downright tired of it.)
    But I also dont want people to just shove it under the carpet either lol. Its something to think about, why it isnt natural to just do so?
    And im not trying to "control anyones game" either. Just again something to think about.
    Anyways im glad you somewhat understand Kelebek :) its just I couldnt stay silent as I shifted through all the issues of the magazine to see lack of representation. Society just ges enough of it in real life, you know?
    At any rate im done as well lol. Jusy feel like I needed to clarify myself. I dont think anythings wrong with white sims btw. (Just in case anyone was going to point that out)
    (Also sorry im bad at explaining myself, so I apologize if anything I saif came out the wronf way)
    Post edited by Eliavah on
  • Options
    Agreed.To be frank,it's not nature,its society.I have a friend who is really into KPOP,and she was telling me about how in a lot of times with KPOP industry tanner skin is looked down upon.It's just the standards of beauty.

Fun fact:Something we learned in Anthropology is that blonde hair,green eyes,ect are not just eurcentric.We just think that it's only exclusive to europeans.Like in the Solomon Islands.
    7d27b787da574155b51af21ca2444a4e.png

And it's not because they have European ancestry.Interesting,right?

You make a lot of great points and I admire that you were strong enough to speak out.I hope that someone benefits from what you said.Not just for the sims,but in real life too!
  • Options
    June Kalani

cnRZJVE.png
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Mags when is the deadline for the pose selection challenge?
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    im running behind too maggi.. i will try get mine in today or tomorrow.
  • Options
    xJojox wrote: »
    im running behind too maggi.. i will try get mine in today or tomorrow.

Most likely Sunday 4 me 2 (tomorrow) I'll be out for the whole day today and tonight :)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    so im gonna cry now, pose extremely hard to pull out ... i had to draw her legs lol. eh!
    if no one has a pose 10 ... i will give her a different arm (coz it looks weird without a person there, but i left it there in case)

UABs4AT.png
  • Options
    MaggiSimmerMaggiSimmer Posts: 1,314 Member
    I apologize for the lack of activity I've been super busy

There is no set due date for the cover yet, so feel free to take your time. I don't plan on having the issue up on the date it says on the front because I've been super behind
    1ph6o6.gif

Check out The Sims 4 High Fashion Showcase, a custom content based magazine about the Sims!

The Sims 4 Tally to the Top!

Or check out my beauty blog, Infinite Beauty!
  • Options
    I apologize for the lack of activity I've been super busy

There is no set due date for the cover yet, so feel free to take your time. I don't plan on having the issue up on the date it says on the front because I've been super behind

cries with you it was real hard and took me the whole afternoon...will have to make do what I could come up with haha
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Sonja Williams
    Pose chosen 8

FSFb51J.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Nicely done guys :)
  • Options
    u did really well zita... :) to 'frankenstein' a pose is dam hard!!! i got stroppy at the end of doing mine!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    u did really well zita... :) to 'frankenstein' a pose is dam hard!!! i got stroppy at the end of doing mine!

thanks haha I can se so many mistakes but Im so done with this haha It's been an afternoon of cutting here, painting there, redo redo redo...remind me 2 choose a straight up standing pose next time....shakes head and walks away to watch a movie **
  • Options
    btw @xjojo yours look totally Fab as always...**walks away again..feeling jealous**
  • Options
    trust me u wouldnt feel jealous if u knew how long it took to draw them lower limbs and get the lighting right so they didnt look like a paste-y looking beige leg! LOL. i too will choose an upright pose
  • Options
    trust me u wouldnt feel jealous if u knew how long it took to draw them lower limbs and get the lighting right so they didnt look like a paste-y looking beige leg! LOL. i too will choose an upright pose

haha mine r pretty beige - ish haha
  • Options
    MaggiSimmerMaggiSimmer Posts: 1,314 Member
    all the models are looking gorgeous :) you're all doing amazing at recreating the poses <3

I want to update you guys to let you know that this week is finals week (YIKES!) and next week I'll be out of town. So I plan on getting things back on the road by next Wednesday when school is finally out :relieved: . sorry about the delays <3
    1ph6o6.gif

Check out The Sims 4 High Fashion Showcase, a custom content based magazine about the Sims!

The Sims 4 Tally to the Top!

Or check out my beauty blog, Infinite Beauty!
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    all the models are looking gorgeous :) you're all doing amazing at recreating the poses <3

I want to update you guys to let you know that this week is finals week (YIKES!) and next week I'll be out of town. So I plan on getting things back on the road by next Wednesday when school is finally out :relieved: . sorry about the delays <3

It's okay, Maggi. Just take your time and do your best. I'm sure we'll all still be here when you get back. :)

and wow nice entries guys especially you two @xJojox and @Zita1966z there's a reason I wanted to avoid those poses lol. Good work. <3
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member

NO PROBS GIRL! *HUGS* good luck on finals week! <3
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    @taigoesrawr thanx :) - omg ur avatar *faints* sooooo handsome.

goodluck in your finals maggi :) knock em dead!
  • Options
    @MaggiSimmer From one exam sister to another,I feel your pain.Just remember the key element:group studies and coffee

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top