Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Admists The New Gender CAS Changes, Another (Potentially) Cruciual Point Was Made In The Patch Notes

thesimsisepicthesimsisepic Posts: 102 Member
I may not play TS4 anymore myself but I think this might make some people a bit more happy and hopeful if not already. Take away from it what you want, you all know how The Sims team likes to roll :smiley:
Poodles was only typed here because of its alliteration in regards to puddles. In no way is this a foreshadowing, hinting, or similar… it is only used because of the alliteration. Alligator.

Comments

• Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Interesting...
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member

I had a little poodle who took a little piddle in the middle of the noodle dough ♪ ♫ ♪
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    While Pets wasn't the expansion I wasn't hoping for, I would be very pumped for an alligator as a pet.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    It was pointed out in the patch notes that this is not a hint at anything. It is merely a play-on-words type thing - no hint of pets yet.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    It was pointed out in the patch notes that this is not a hint at anything. It is merely a play-on-words type thing - no hint of pets yet.

But EA has done word play before.

With Sims 2, they said there would be pets when pigs fly. Typically meaning it isn't going to happen. An EP before Pets was released added the neighborhood decoration of a flying pig. Then Pets was announced.

So unless it was explicitly stated that there are no plans in place for a Pets EP, it could very well be the team dropping a hint, but covering their butts if they have to postpone the EP due to coding issues.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member

Yeah that kind of tripped me up because I don't know if they meant "seriously this isn't a hint" or "yeah this isn't a hint ;) ". I can't tell with EA anymore.
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Poodles and puddles?

Seasons with pets confirmed.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    It was only a matter of time. Rather see more speculation threads that most of the idiotic garbage of the forums today! (c:

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    It was only a matter of time. Rather see more speculation threads that most of the idiotic garbage of the forums today! (c:

I had a bet on with my friend to see how long it would take for someone to mention this. Lol I lost... I had thought someone might post about "this hint that is not a hint..is it?" about three hours ago!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I'm sure it will happen at some point, but it says in the patch notes that it is NOT a hint - go and read the patch notes if you need convincing.

Edit:
    Drake's Exact words were;
    "Poodles was only typed here because of its alliteration in regards to puddles. In no way is this a foreshadowing, hinting, or similar… it is only used because of the alliteration. Alligator."

- Here "alligator" is used as another example of alliteration, and the use of "poodle" is explained in the quote above. They are NOT hints.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    CAW is Coming!! :lol:

Cute though. :cookie:
  • Options
    thesimsisepicthesimsisepic Posts: 102 Member
    I'm sure it will happen at some point, but it says in the patch notes that it is NOT a hint - go and read the patch notes if you need convincing.

Edit:
    "Poodles was only typed here because of its alliteration in regards to puddles. In no way is this a foreshadowing, hinting, or similar… it is only used because of the alliteration. Alligator."

- Here "alligator" is used as another example of alliteration, and the use of "poodle" is explained in the quote above. They are NOT hints.

The notes could be sarcastic in a friendly way as a sort of "we'll tell you by not telling you". It wouldn't be the first time they have done that. Don't rules it out completely.

• Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »

How did you come to that conclusion?
  • Options

Edit:

The notes could be sarcastic in a friendly way as a sort of "we'll tell you by not telling you". It wouldn't be the first time they have done that. Don't rules it out completely.

I'm aware of that - one of the senior animators is researching animal movements at the moment, but based on the context I believe personally that this was a comment delivered with a serious, non-playful tone.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

I had a bet on with my friend to see how long it would take for someone to mention this. Lol I lost... I had thought someone might post about "this hint that is not a hint..is it?" about three hours ago!

I had the same bet with a friend today and lost as well. I figured it would have been within the hour after the patch notes went up.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    sara4681sara4681 Posts: 120 Member
    Pfff forget about poodles. It's Puudles that's the keyword here! Season confirmed! :D
    Woohoo, Coffee and Rock n' Roll!
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Pets is the only thing that can save the game for me, is the only way I can ignore the awful Ai and emotion system. But, there was a mention about a Dogs game pack in the survey and this can pretty much be a hint to that, if it's an hint. And, as much as I like dogs, I'm a cat person.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    They would've had to know what kind of 🐸🐸🐸🐸-storm this would cause. You don't mention pets to a Sims player and expect them to not get hyped for pets.

So, yeah. I could see Pets being the next EP.

Seasons with a new Destination World or two would've been nice (hit the beach in summer, go skiing in winter), but I'll be happy with Pets.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    If they spontaneously announce Season and/or Pets after all the good stuff recently I really will have that heart attack.
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    @SimGuruDrake sorry to bug you. But are you allowed to say if the patch notes about the poodle was sarcastic meant or is there a hint somewhere in that sentence?
    Its sometimes hard to judge when you mean it and when you do not (no offense meant! I am just a slow invendiual lol) would be nice to get it cleared up if you are allowed :smile:
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    edited June 2016
    Oh, for the love of Pete! You've GOT to be kidding me!

You new this was going to happen as soon as you read that section of the patch notes, but, 🐸🐸🐸🐸, people...

I love that EAxis can't even do patch notes without causing a controversy- just post the information for cryin' out loud. To say nothing of the fact that most people (probably) don't want to wade through five pages of haiku in order to figure out you still haven't fixed anything.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

I wish :) then we could make puddles or should that be poodles ?
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    On a side note, Poodles is my favorite breed <3