Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THANK YOU!!

Comments

• Options
    More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    This thread makes me smile. All of the happy Simmers who can now be represented in the Sims - a game where you SHOULD feel represented. ^_^ It seems the patch is a good success. And I hope TS4 and future iterations just keep advancing forward like this.
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    Straight female here, but I am excited for the new types of sims I can make and their stories.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I'm so glad to read your enthusiasm about the changes and to see that you feel able to express yourselves better in game with the new options :)
  • Options
    DarkenedSparrowDarkenedSparrow Posts: 216 Member
    This patch is AWESOME! I always see/hear people talk about their "sim self" but I've never been able to do that before. Now, with the new gender options, I can actually make a sim that looks like me and dresses like ME! The first thing I did after patching was make an entirely new game with just me and my new apartment, modeled after my real apartment, and I'm loving it. I hope this brings as much joy to others like me!

I REALLY enjoy this patch and the fluidity for Create-A-Sim.
    Here's a little about me.

I write. I write gender-fluid characters. I write about characters whose gender/etc. are questioned. Whether it's a surgery gone wrong, or they feel they are different or something makes them neutral --- I wanted the Sims 4 to be able to do that. There's not just two types of human. I never believed there were only two types.

I GOT MY WISH!

The first thing I did was ask my sister to use the game, create one of those characters and change my icon. This was something I wanted. I grew up as a tomboy who played in the dirt and hated dressing pretty. I've met so many people (online and in real life) who were the way they were. We're human.

The Persian Horseback Warriors wore heels first. Longer heels were used specifically for riding those horses.

To keep the subject where it is, I love this idea. I love how my character looks. I'll keep playing this game and I am looking forward to what they do next.
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Happy threads like this are awesim, just saying ;)
  • Options
    DarkenedSparrowDarkenedSparrow Posts: 216 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    ejoslin wrote: »
    I love having female hairs for the males without having to use mods. Ach. I love long hair on men :D

me too! :love:

Me three!
    Really, I'm hoping they make one with a widow's peak. :D
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    More_Moore wrote: »
    Zafireria wrote: »
    That sound complicated o.O Can I have the simplified version then? XD

Basically instead of hairs being one HAIR piece, you can have a base and then add ponytails, pig tails, fringes, bits and pieces to certain places on the base and essentially create your own hairstyle I'm bad at explaining nvm XD
    Actually i understood it xD Would be cool.
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    Yeah I'm also happy about the new patch. Honestly I haven't been more excited to start up TS4 than today. I was kind of put off by it at first but then I realized everything is optional. I'm super pumped that my male sims now have more clothing/hair options! I always felt like they were neglected.. (reason why I had to go MAJOR CC shopping) haha.

Giant thumbs up <3

200.gif
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I honestly have no interest in making a trans Sim, but I can see why people would want to and would never want to take that away from them. So it's nice that it's there.

But the fact that this took them a year to make? Really makes you wonder how long toddlers are gonna take.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    edited June 2016
    If somebody doesn't like this, it's optional. We are over 7 billion people, so there are over 7 billions ways to be and feel. Those who don't get it live in a really smal world bubble and miss out on a lot of what life is. It's their loss, just remember that and march on. June 2nd was huge day for the sims fans, we should celebrate it each year!
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    <3 Sending love out to all LGBT+ simmer fans today. Some people don't realise just how important this update really is for some people.
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Yay! So happy for you Major and that you're able to create your simself! Totally awesome!!!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    MajorTroubleMajorTrouble Posts: 44 Member
    Genderqueer checking in, glad to hear you love this patch too! I SPOKE LIKE THIS WHEN I MENTIONED IT TO MY BOYFRIEND ON FACEBOOK because I was so excited! Happy Simming!

I have NO clue how I managed to accidently post this on my own thread, this was in response to someone else's (and is posted there as well)... how odd.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Genderqueer checking in, glad to hear you love this patch too! I SPOKE LIKE THIS WHEN I MENTIONED IT TO MY BOYFRIEND ON FACEBOOK because I was so excited! Happy Simming!

I have NO clue how I managed to accidently post this on my own thread, this was in response to someone else's (and is posted there as well)... how odd.

LOL Two thank you threads got melded together. I was a little confused at first too!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    MajorTroubleMajorTrouble Posts: 44 Member

LOL Two thank you threads got melded together. I was a little confused at first too!

Ohhhh that makes way more sense. I didn't notice because paying attention is hard! XD Ty
  • Options
    iAnimeFreakiAnimeFreak Posts: 66 Member
    I haven't played the patch yet, but I'm really interested. I'm glad to see how excited people are.
  • Options
    BoothBiscuitBoothBiscuit Posts: 62 Member
    Ohhhh that makes way more sense. I didn't notice because paying attention is hard! XD Ty

Yeahhh, I was a tad bit confused as well. I was looking through this thread (I noticed my thread was gone, but I didn't really think about it) and I saw my own post and was like "... Wait." After a little bit, I realized that they merged the two. I don't mind at all, but it definitely threw me off a little bit.
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    Lesbian and proud here.. yet even more proud that they made this entirely at the discretion of the player.

This patch is .. outstanding.. and I'm not one who is easily moved.

It suits everyone and anyone.. Those who are opposed, they don't even have to know it's there.

No real fuel for fighting there.

Awesome step forward EA/Maxis!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I haven't downloaded the patch yet (at work now) but so far it sounds really awesome. It's so great that we can make customizable sims now and even with ones we have already created! :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited June 2016
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    I honestly have no interest in making a trans Sim, but I can see why people would want to and would never want to take that away from them. So it's nice that it's there.

But the fact that this took them a year to make? Really makes you wonder how long toddlers are gonna take.

To each his own for this update. I don't mind the clothing and hair options. However, for me, it makes me wonder if toddlers are being made at all. Or if they do decide to add them to the game. It took a year to do this? What about toddlers? im not tying to make this a toddler issue since this is t what the thread is about. It just makes me wonder.

• Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Excited for the new patch!!! I love how there are more options for us to play our way. Thank you, Gurus! I'm also super excited that my alien male sim can get pregnant with his husband.

P.S. for any haters who bring religion into this, I'm not religious. But if the game came out with something about religion, that I could easily toggle to "off," I would be happy for all the people who wanted that feature.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    We need body hair now!!! :s:s
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ijustlikesimsijustlikesims Posts: 83 Member
    I didnt even know about the patch until I watched a youtuber review the notes. I havent played myself but I am in love with hw everything looks and cannot wait to make multiple versions of myself!
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited June 2016
    Nice to see some positivity.. the forum is filled with bigotry today and plenty of rude comments. Really glad you're enjoying it, I am too :)

I have to agree and to be honest I do not see or understand what all the fuss is about. To me the changes just adds to whole weirder stories and let your imagination run wild aspect of it all. I do understand how those who fit into the LGBT category might feel though, but being a straight female I would never be able to fully grasp that. No matter how accepting I am of those who are different than me. I'm not homosexual or transgender so it is just impossible for to fully understand the emotions of those who are. Don't mean I don't respect them either. So I just don't understand as to why there is so much hatred and bigotry today. Well in all reality I do, but I just feel that if more people looked as a person for who they are on the inside and not what they are on the outside the world would be a much better place. I could care less what a persons sexual preference is or what their beliefs are. Just don't try to shove it down my throat, if I want to know more I can look it up. Same goes for mine, wanna know ask or look it up I don't have the right to force it upon anyone. What a person does in their own home and who they love has zero impact on my life. Now as for how they treat me and others in my life does impact my life and that is all the really matters to me. The rest is like background noise and has nothing to with how a person should be viewed.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    I very much enjoy this refreshing new patch that allows greater control over how we create our Sims, tailoring it to "our" whims.

Still miffed that a few things haven't been corrected, but major praise for more control over our gameplay!!
    OJGRGDT.gif