Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do you do makeovers for your sims?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,989 Member
    I almost always change some of my sims when I get a new pack, but I kind of stopped that when I got the wrench problem that shows I have CC when I don't. Can't wait till they fix that issue.
  • Options
    Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    edited May 2016
    I tend to make new sims when i acquire a new pack, EP, or GP. I also touch up the ones I play if I find content I like in the new stuff.

I always change outfits for sims I age up since the random age-up outfits can be pretty lame.
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I usually give them a make-over each time a pack is release, during a holiday, when they age up or when I want to give them a 'new look' usually to develop them for my stories. So somewhat often I suppose xD
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    ohnotherancorohnotherancor Posts: 68 Member
    I pretty much only give my active sims a makeover when they age up. I'll create a new inactive family and move them into the neighborhood whenever I want to test out new pack items or CC.

Townies only get makeovers when they're wearing something I really can't stand (like gray ankle socks with purple open-toed high heels and orange stockings), or if there's no more room for guinea pig inactives.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I do makeovers on birthdays or when potential spouses move in
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Doll_9Doll_9 Posts: 115 Member

needs to be done once a week at least for most played sims, they cant be looking the same everytime they attend social events
    Z4l4EH8.png
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    If I'm playing an original family, I usually keep them in the same outfit for a while, if not forever. However, if I'm playing premades I almost always change something about them. And if I invite a new Sim to move in with my family, they get a makeover, too xD
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    More major makeover for life changes like a new job/promotion, starting/ending relationship birthdays etc.
    but clothing and accessories I can change often!
    I love being able to have several outfits so they will change from day to day by themselves
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    Doll_9Doll_9 Posts: 115 Member
    The boxes are so small though i'm forever pressing the (x) and deleting an entire outfit :(
    Z4l4EH8.png
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    On all versions of the Sims Ive played .. my sims never get makeovers til they age young adults. Even then, it is not a big makeover.. I may change their hairstyles.. but it will be very similar to how the game sets it. The females gets to wear makeup .. again, it is a soft look, nothing heavy or tacky. They also get two or three different set of clothes. The only exception to this, is when the game gives them hats.. I will take them off .. for some reason, I just do not like hats on my sims. Like here is a brother and sister of my sim family I'm playing right now.. before and after pics of them.

Eighteenth before.. you can't see it, but he had a ponytail in back.

25hlsh5.jpg

and after

2l9qzhk.jpg

His sister Nineteenth before..

1zgddmo.jpg

and after

f3b5v6.jpg

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,539 Member
    When my bookmarked CC reaches critical mass. :)
    Also with new packs.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,351 Member
    edited May 2016
    Children and teens progress through their lifestages gradually or at least I strive to create that impression. On average they go through three different styles as kids and two as teens. Immediately after becoming young adults the erstwhile teens still walk around in their teen clothing for several days. (This is real-life inspired, as I didn't feel my 18th birthday to have changed me anything at all. 15 to 16 and 24 to 25 were noticeable marks, but turning 18 was just good to grab the priviledges).
    I run my sims through either college, military or au pair as young adults, so they get a (school) uniform during that time.

After college I only change them in reaction to some life-changing event (big success, becoming a parent, change of career, getting mugged in the street...). So, yes, I've had elders that still felt comfortable in their young adult outfit.

Sometimes I like to pretend that the fashion changes and bulk-make over sims, except for those that I think would not care about being fashionable.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    When they age up, or I feel another big event happened- made it to the top of their career, had a kid, etc
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I usually make new outfits for my sis when i get new content. But otherwise, my sims always have 2-4 outfits for certain sections. (I never delete outfits either). I create something specific if my sims have some sort of party or brithday. Usually I create a wedding outfit for them too.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I give my sims makeovers once every sim week. I like to experiment with different outfit combos, and test new cc. If I have nothing new to experiment with, I change things to keep things fresh.

When I'm doing a story, however, I change their look as the story needs. My klepto sim went from really long dark hair to a bleached pixie cut after being caught robbing Landgraab Manor, and the outfit she wore was trashed and a new burgler outfit was made.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    dawsom18dawsom18 Posts: 50 Member
    I change my sims and every single sim in the households outfit/look every time one of them have a birthday (it's a must) and also if someone moves in or big life events like having a child, getting married and all that jazz.
  • Options
    dawsom18dawsom18 Posts: 50 Member
    I like my teens to go through a weird, quirky / 'out there' type of look when they first become a teen, because in real life that's when we try and find our self so my sims do too.
  • Options
    Sim ShadySim Shady Posts: 297 Member
    I make them over pretty much every time they age up. Sometimes I don't bother if they're just aging from Young Adult to Adult, but when it comes to Children, Teens & Elders I'll always give them a makeover.
    duck.jpg