Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you need for your gameplay

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Apartments
    More stairs, especially u shaped
    Laundry
    A lot more closed career options
    Preteens
    Seasons
    A farming EP
    Greenhouses
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited May 2016
    -Toddlers/Pre-teens/Generations
    -Elevators/Spiral staircases/ L and U-shaped staircases
    -Firemen
    -Robbers/cops
    -Laundry
    -University with Frat/Soror/Secret Societies game play
    -Seasonal weather in all worlds
    -Apartments with consideration for the economics of renting.
    -Own more than one property and vacation homes
    -Fears and fear emotions
    -Allow me more editing control of the worlds
    -Give me back terrain editing tools
    -Farming and some kind of sim activity/hobby that uses the crops I grow on the farm.
    I used Grand Pa's Grove from the TS3 store to grow all my ingredients for nectar making. I was able to make nectars on a mass produced scale.

Cat Sims ;)
    02-02-16_7-28-34nbspAM.png
    And other things Supernatural.

CK213 wrote: »
    Style Mode

Here is a suggestion for CAS. :D

Since it is more difficult to make things match, there should be a mode that allows us to see all the clothing currently on the sim in the clothing selection user interface. We can then highlight the clothing thumbnails to see what preset colors each items has.

It would be nice if you could toggle a button to show all the preset color choices all at once. This would make it easier to choose from the available colors on your sims current outfit. You could get more creative with the interface to make choosing colors easier.

I mocked the idea up using Photoshop.

The key idea here is making it easier to see all your possible color choices all at once for a particular outfit and eliminate all the jumping around just to select colors. Perhaps we can even save the outfit as a Styled Look. Perhaps you can even educate simmers on color selection theories for choosing color themes or build it into CAS itself.

Color Schemes: http://www.tigercolor.com/color-lab/color-theory/color-theory-intro.htm
    CASIDEA.jpg

I should have expanded the entire color palette, but I think you will get what I mean.
    TS4CAS2014-08-0708-47-49-89.png

I tried the square color scheme theory. You should let one color dominate, but I have blue and its opposite color on the wheel (yellow) almost equal. The other colors would be red and green. I choose to ignore green and replaced it with black. I used red as an accent.
    TS4CAS2014-08-0710-14-29-92.png

Yeah, I like the idea of having all the outfit apparel and accessories and all the color selections all displayed at once. It makes it easier and more fun to style her outfit.

Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Really what's the difference between wants and needs in this?

I want/need the story album (like in my signature), University, Nightlife, celebrities, restaurants, more things to do in community lots (e.g bowling, arcade games), more interactions, and more alternative clothing and accessories.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    vintagesaturdayvintagesaturday Posts: 258 Member
    Vacation spots, picture frames (a way to use photos sims take and put on the fireplace or something in a frame), more career options. I need more aspirations/activities geared at being a teen. Kids to be able to run and play with each other.

I'd like being able to swim in the ocean. I'd also like pets a lot a lot a lot.
    Gallery : VintageSaturday // Simblr : S.E. Sims
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Needs:

Memory system that makes sense
    Attraction System
    Fleshed out Traits
    More Whims - or for them to make sense, like in Sims 2 and 3
    Backstory of Sims if they add more worlds

Wants:

More worlds (I'm running out of space)
    Pre-teens or more teen related activities
    University
    Supernatural
    School Uniforms
    Celebrity System
    Likes/Dislikes
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Justine Keaton.

Paula Deen And Katy Perry Buttery Treats.

Actually, I wonder which pop star Maxis is gonna partner with this time for their expansions?
    TS1 had Avril Lavigne and Christina Aguilera (in Superstar), TS2 had Hilary Duff (in Pets, and I think one or two one-hit wonders I can't remember off the top of my head), and TS3 had Katy Perry.

Who's next? I'm so behind on my pop music knowledge. Is Meghan Trainor still popular? Taylor Swift?
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Need:
    • A fix to restore how the Lice Freezer used to work. I'm starting to resent ever having bought GTW for the retail aspect, and if this isn't fixed soon, I'll be giving up on the Sims 4 altogether.
    • Cure for the Romance Plague. My entire town is in love with one another. It's out of my control and it makes me not want to play.

Want:
    • Apartments. I love to play with lots of families and buid and visit lots of community lots. I also ideally would like lots of retail stores, but I have a bad attitude about that atm.
    • Another Money Aspiration that should have come with GTW (retail aspect)
    • More Aspirations in general. I've played through them all, many of them a number of times, and I'm now officially bored.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Really what's the difference between wants and needs in this?

I want/need the story album (like in my signature), University, Nightlife, celebrities, restaurants, more things to do in community lots (e.g bowling, arcade games), more interactions, and more alternative clothing and accessories.

The difference is the same as it is in real life.

I NEED more supernaturals for my gameplay, I cannot support it without them.

However I could live without Butlers for a while.

Good thing we are getting restaurants soon!

I am loving all these posts and have found things I've missed myself.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited May 2016
    Things I need:

*Toddlers (+ all the stuff.. we need in the "Ideas for toddlers at a glance thread".... okay.. maybe not all.. but you know. ;P )

*MORE family play. I'd like an expansion pack fully focused on family activities. :x.

*Generations Expansion.

*A Hobbies expansion pack.

*The Trait System/Emotions (just a little.. so the Sims don't seem like they all have a disorder ( I don't mean that disrespectfully at all. But it really does seem like one minute they're happy and the next.. they're something different all within a few seconds/minutes...) revamped.

*Coward Trait, Unstable Trait, (with a better system, I want a better childish trait), at least I think that's the trait that my main Sim would go around sneaking up behind her husband and scare him( or was that the insane trait? I can't remember. I think I gave her that trait, but she would always use her hands as puppets and talk with them.. so maybe.. x-x bad memory.) Cracked me up every time! lol. I also want a proper "hopeless romantic", like the aspiration with "wants to find "the one", .. not a flirt that wants to flirt with everyone. :x.

*Basically more traits + aspirations.

*Witches. With lots of spells to learn, new spell books to find all with their own unique spells, etc.. a "hidden lot" of "magic town", hehehe. Customized spells.. where you can find ingredients all over all the worlds that have been released/future worlds, etc.. and try to create your own spells, (like mixology has it's own create your own stuff in Sims 3). (OH! and Good/Neutral/Bad/Evil Witches... ...... like Sims 2.. but more.. enhanced).

*Preteens. (Once I saw that on a survey... now I need them. :( I think that would make all our little Sim families complete and it's a brand new life-stage. I think they should have the option of 'braces', and even get acne.. before their teenage years.. and they should have their own special interactions (not just one or two.....) between other Preteens and can have sleep overs, and I could seriously go on. x_X

*Seasons

*Pets

*Supernatural

*Carnival EP (with all kinds of booths to win prizes, + this would be a good place to take a date.)

*Festivals back. With each season having a VARIETY of different activities to do. Kissing booth, photobooth, and more (plus
    new stuff, of course).

*Bigger worlds. More lots.

*University ( I miss sorority houses/frats, though.. of course... I can wait for this.. because I want them to step away from "parties" for a long while. definitely a favorite expansion pack... but there's some other stuff I'd like to see *new* and old come back just before Uni. Because I'd like to see secret societies come back, with hidden lots and they take your Sim there.. and then you can be a part of that group... + club with Get Together).

I'll stop there..... for now. =/.

Things I want:

*Turn ons and Turn Offs. (I want to be able to choose if my Sim likes .. a certain feature.. like hair color, eye color, or if
    they like other Sims that are into the same interests as them.. /share things in common, or have freckles, or iono.. like cartoons.. etc. Doesn't have to be just genetic features. (Likes a Sim with certain traits. Sense of humor, or Sims that have a "Dark" Side. :X.) ETC. (This is a want/need).

*Likes/Dislikes

*Favorite color/food (Favorite hobby/ + interests tab with things my Sims could/not be interested in. Better for planning
    their clubs, shaping personalities.)

*More romantic interactions between couples, and cutesy ones for teens.

*Culling fixes

*An Island Paradise expansion pack. :(

*Plumbbots. I loved Into The Future. Those Robots were <3.

*Better fish/frogs/etc.... these are so bulky... and big.. and textures are kind of. :/ I want animals like Sims 3 Pets. To be
    able to collect all kinds of birds, fish, (this is another reason I want Island Paradise), loved being able to collect starfish, tropical fish, etc.. and put them in an aquarium.

There is more, I'm sure... but... I think this at least.. gives an idea of what I'd love to see. =).
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Things I need:

Supernaturals

Memories like in Sims 2
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    Need:

More instruments
    Bands
    Singing

Want:

Facial piercings
    Weather/Seasons
    Pets
    Toddlers
    Bunk beds
    More emotions
    More careers
    More traits
    Turn-ons and turn-offs
    More playground equipment
    Online/blind dating
  • Options
    AviendhaRSAviendhaRS Posts: 268 Member
    CAS additions:
    - choose whether or not a female sim is fertile.
    - set their gender preference: male, female, both, neither
    - enhance the sliders. I'd like to make my teen sims scrawny. Also I'd like to make sims that don't have symmetric faces. No one is perfectly symmetrical so it'd add some moe realism.
    - color wheels for the maxis clothes and hairs in addition to the preset colors
    - fun additions like tails and animal ears as actual anatomical parts

More non-humans:
    - vampires, zombies, elves, immortals, demons!

More careers: active and passive
    - model, journalist, ninja
    - park/rec manager: would be active and during the day you gather supplies to set up events in the sim parks that you can then later engage in or see other sims doing
    - stay at home parent: active, maybe a checklist of various activities that you could do throughout the day. People mentioned laundry above. Also personal writing, blogging, etc.

Magic skill:
    - alchemy to make money
    - play funny pranks on your neighbors, or easy weight loss/weight gain potions. Ever wonder how Bob Pancake is still an adult even though he now lives with his great great great great great grandkids?
    - wands/orbs/books: an object your sim keeps in their inventory that they use when casting spells or fooling around with when still developing their magical talents.

Crushes:
    - I think teen sims should be able to have crushes on Y/A or A sims. Would not result in romance just some fun/humour.
    - *gaze at Mr/Mrs. X.* *compliment X on appearance* *invite X to prom*
    - Both parties could receive happy/embarssed movements. For an adult "I can't imagine what they see in me but a compliment is a compliment." +1 happy for 3 hours.

Relationship/Emotional additions:
    - for adult sims when a woohoo goes wrong: "Wow that woohoo didn't go so well. I guess I'm not as young and flexible as I used to be." Randomly +2 anger or embarrassment for 3 hours.
    - For elders when they see Y/A or As kiss. "Young love. Oh the memories." +1 happiness for 2 hours.
    - Kids should get happy moodlets when they advance/master a child skill. Also children tend to be more psychologically well when their parents are around so I think they should get a +1 happiness buff as long as 1 parent is in the same room.
    - teen sims should get a +1 embarrassed moodlet for 1 hour if their parents kiss in public. "Zabadoo mom and dad. Are you trying to make me look bad?"

Maybe add more later
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

Do you mean like you won't continue to support EA/play your game without it? That's what I mean by what's the difference. There are some things I want but I already purchased the main game so I can't say it's a need yunno. But I guess for things that haven't happened yet, like a supernatural EP, you need certain interactions/objects etc otherwise you wont purchase it.

The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    MartinvMartinv Posts: 254 Member
    For me, supernaturals. Mostly witches and fairies
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Do you mean like you won't continue to support EA/play your game without it? That's what I mean by what's the difference. There are some things I want but I already purchased the main game so I can't say it's a need yunno. But I guess for things that haven't happened yet, like a supernatural EP, you need certain interactions/objects etc otherwise you wont purchase it.

It could mean that yes. If EA announced right now that there wouldn't be any more supernaturals I would quit the sims 4. I am loving my alien legacy right now and I can tolerate normal sims but I'm getting bored after a while without them.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2016
    Long list and probably not everything, but it is a start.
    Need:
    1. Toddlers
    2. Terrain tool
    3. Pond tool
    4. Town editor/Place and create lots
    5. Firefighter NPC
    6. Social worker NPC
    7. Burglar and Police NPC
    8. Food processor
    9. Organized story album
    10. Sims bios
    11. Long-term memories
    12. Expanded relationships with the family tree
    13. Carpools
    14. Taxis
    15. School buses
    16. Cars
    17. Life States
    18. Reaction and accidental death and jealousy tweaks
    19. Normal careers
    20. Color wheel
    21. Babies not tied to cribs, sling possible compromise
    22. Different foundation heights
    23. Newspapers
    24. Landline phones
    25. Opacity slider
    Want
    1. Preteens
    2. Social bunny
    3. Trash compactor
    4. Bunk beds
    5. Seasons
    6. Pets
    7. Turn ons and offs
    8. Nannies
    9. Butlers
    10. CAST
    11. CAW
    12. Bigger worlds
    13. Loading screen tweak
    14. Teens different height
    15. Acne
    16. Body hair
    17. Aspiration failures
    18. Fears and fear emotion
    19. Cemeteries
    20. Washers and Dryers
    21. Juicer
    22. Nectar/beer making
    23. Toaster
    24. Waffle maker
    25. Exterminator
    26. Eyelash slider
    27. Dreams
    28. Garages
    29. Grocery Store
    30. Book Store
    31. Swings
    32. Beach activities
    33. Bands/instruments
    34. School EP
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller