Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

is anyone OCD with their game?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Girkl wrote: »
    @Surreal I am sorry if you felt I am cheapening anyones experience with OCD,that was exactly the opposite point of my post. I know well what it entails,having suffered with it for over 22 years and having friends and acquaintances with it too,through various mental health services or self-help avenues. I probably worded it wrongly as usual,but when I said "As long as I don't think I or someone else will die etc if I do/don't do something a certain way then I wouldn't classify it as OCD" then I meant for the "etc" part to mean all/any other feared consequences,which I have never known anyone with OCD not to experience in relation to compulsions. I fully understand the entire range of ways OCD works and affects people,I was merely using one example to illustrate my point about ME,that no,I'm not OCD about my game (in fact it's one of my few escapes from it),and rather than list all the reasons why it isn't OCD in my case,I used one followed by an etc. Apparently my bad. If I have no fear of any consequence that may (in my mind) come about as a result of not doing something,or in a specific way and so forth,then to me it wouldn't be a compulsion as such,merely perfectionism. For example,if something I make in the Sims isn't perfect or how I would like it,the consequence of that to me is purely that it will be annoying,and so on,which would not be OCD obviously. If to anyone else their games trigger them into compulsions and intrusive thoughts and rituals,with fear and anxiety of consequences then of course that is OCD and I would never and did not suggest otherwise. I was purely talking about myself. This disease has ruined my life,and those of friends,and to anyone in this thread or reading such that I didn't explain myself properly to and may have offended or upset,I wholly apologise. It actually upsets me beyond belief that it could come across that way - I guess I was also musing to no-one in particular that just as it can be trying sometimes to see depression bandied about as shorthand for feeling sad,even though I totally understand why,it can feel the same when what can sometimes seem like the whole world uses the term OCD for wanting to be organised etc. I even understand why it's used that way,and have no issue with it or anyone who uses it as such. Obviously my mistake for 'thinking out loud' as it were.

Again,apologies to all I may have upset,and the OP for the derail but I felt I had to post to try and clarify my stance,I shall henceforth shut up which I apparentlt should have done in the first place.

So....back OT...nope,not OCD about my game.

No reason to shut up about anything, and no need to be upset - really, there isn't. Your post explains what you meant and that's good enough. I'm not offended - you clarified beautifully exactly what you meant. Sometimes when musing, things don't come out right, or are open to interpretation. I interpreted you to mean something you didn't and I was wrong. And that's ok. Please don't think you have to tiptoe around on my account - or anyone else's. I appreciate the fact that you took the time to explain what you meant. :smile:
  • Options
    Randomness000Randomness000 Posts: 125 Member
    I may have freewill ticked but I still pause every 10 seconds to sort out interactions.

Literally. Me.
    fGRb4d2.gif
  • Options
    SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    I'm with HSSmith on the micro-managing of my families. So it totally used to drive me bonkers when I played Sims 2 and the bushes would be freaking over grown and out of whack. So I would always made sure my sims had tons of money to get a butler or freaking ALL the service sims available to take care the house inside and out. And when it came time for kids I'd micro-manage them big time too. Cause it would drive me batty the thought of the toddlers not learning how to walk or talk before they aged up again. Or how if they didn't do their homework they be behind in school. Totally drove me nuts. And I figured too if they did their homework at least be free to have more family time. Heck all that alone is why I would have died if the sims had to mow the lawn, do laundry, and other more realistic stuff in sims 2. Sims 3 doing the laundry is such a novelty that it's a hoot to me. But yea all the micro-managing is what leads to me being on the game for hours lol.
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    When building a house I tend to get a little persnickity about everything being symmetrical and placement of windows. With Eric's house I spent hours just doing the outer walls. Then redoing them (and interior) when I realize I have a proportion off. Don't even get me started on the second floor when I add that to a building. I start with the exterior walls. Then I get rather nutzoid with remodeling till I"m happy with the 2nd floor's interior. Which might mean going back and redoing the first floor's interior walls to match some new layout concept. Got this one idea for a house, not sure how effective it'll be. But eventually I want it to be an inverse pyramid starting with a single room on ground floor.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.