Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Cheating!

Comments

• Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited May 2016
    Sorry double post. Forum glitched out on me.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    There's Cheating in this game? So I can Win and Beat you all?! Woot.

I would "cheat" if I wanted to but the game is very easy- to me.
  • Options
    tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    I cheat money, motives, homes and skills all the time, but that's because I just want to play around with the sims I've created and my main save is nowhere near goal oriented unless its goals I've set up for myself.
  • Options
    TuiamaiTuiamai Posts: 49 Member
    I never cheat, I have opened the cheat box only to check fps.
  • Options
    ohnotherancorohnotherancor Posts: 68 Member
    I don't play rotationally, so the only time I use cheats for my active family is when something is glitched (resetsim) or for resizing objects in build mode. I'll use cas.fulleditmode only if I want to give someone tattoos since there's no tattoo parlor in game.

I use freerealestate for neighbors so huge families aren't living in 1 bedroom houses. MC Command Center loves filling households to the max in my game. :wink: But it's an essential mod for me. I've wanted story progression since TS2.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2016
    What is cheating? Since... You Rule*, then there are no cheats.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited May 2016
    I use cheats, depending on the situation.

If I have a family of 5 or more and their needs are out of control, I'll sometimes make their needs full because can be a nightmare tracking them all. This is where the drag needs bar in TS3 came in handy.

Or if I'm playing a wealthy family, I'll give the two parents high-paying jobs to fit with their backstory. Do you really think two snobby middle-aged Sims will be working their way from the bottom as 'Office Assistant'? I think not!

I use the motherlode cheat sometimes, but I try not to. I don't like my Sims having too much cash.
  • Options
    lisken0221lisken0221 Posts: 116 Member
    Remember Sims 1 I never used cheats, it was drudgery like real life. In sims 3 and now sims 4 I use money cheats, I want my SIMS to have a life with all the luxury I never had in my life. I tried playing once without cheats just to see how I would like it, I didn't.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    RubyxAngel wrote: »
    > @Evalen said:
    > RubyxAngel wrote: »
    >
    > > @Evalen said:
    > > Tomatplante wrote: »
    > >
    > > I never use cheats for money, skills, jobs, relationships and other things I like to build up over time. I sometimes use cas.fulleditmode to to tweak my sims a little when they grow up to teens, or to edit townies. I use freerealestate to move in sims that I'm not going to play, just want as my neighbors. I rarely use moveobjects, but I've used enablefreebuild to edit lots in Granite Falls and for the active careers.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > @Tomatplante Can you tell me how to edit townies?
    >
    >
    > Hey @Tomatplante - to edit a townie or your sim all you need to do is:
    >
    > Press Ctrl + Shift + C to open the cheats console.
    > Type the following, then press enter: testingCheats on
    > Type the following, then press enter: cas.fulleditmode
    > Press Esc to close the console.
    > Now Shift + Click any of your Sims, and select Edit in CAS
    > Change everything from body, to traits, names, voices and so on. Once you are done, hit Okay on the bottom right to save the changes.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @Tomatplante So you can do this to a townie also. I did not know this.

@Evalen Well it works for me, I click and hold 'shift' on aliens, other townies etc and I can edit them fully in CAS.

@RubyxAngel Thanks so much for the into, I will have to try this next. We san all learn something new.

• Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    I don't see the big deal about cheating... just use money cheats for building.
  • Options
    DeandylanDeandylan Posts: 496 Member
    I almost always use cheats. Even when I am trying not too. The only time I don't use them is when I'm playing a legacy. I don't use them on my household often but I will use them on townies.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Never opened the cheat box???? How??

The only cheat I've ever considered using (but haven't) is move objects for build mode. Don't need money cheats as all I gotta do is have a writer and I'll be making bank within a Sim week, lol. Also, I find that the reward traits are in-game work arounds for most cheats anyway, and they give a better sense of accomplishment.

Plus, I honestly can't be bothered because I'd need a wiki list to remember all the commands, lol. Maybe if they were in a convenient menu instead, I might. Or key bindings. But yeah, to me, never opening the cheat box in over 100 hours of play has been pretty easy. I guess I'm an odd one around here. Oh well.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    me in my case i will always use the cheats that comes with the game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,619 Member
    The only 'cheating' I've done lately, has been to send my Sims into cas.fulleditmode to remove the chub many of them have packed on. It should be noted, however, that I'm currently playing a Legacy Challenge game, so the precludes cheats, for the most part. We're all 'competing' if you will on an even playing field. Anything that would give a player a one-up on the others is considered unfair. Building cheats are okay. But, I can't use maxmotives, or whatever it's called, or the cheat that allows you to level up on their jobs/aspirations etc. Nothing that would give me an edge. Still, it's truly up to the individual. It's not like we get together and compare notes or anything. But I feel it's a matter of integrity, mine, so I follow the 'rules'.

Mostly, when playing a standard save, I will use a little bit of money cheats. In Sims3 I always built my Sims a house and used Free Real Estate to move them in. Hey, who Doesn't have a mortgage these days, right? I'm nearly halfway through the Legacy Challenge. Can't wait to play a 'normal' game again. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I’m a cheater, and PROUD of it. Lol I always use these cheats for sure.

Freerealestate – This way I don’t have to use either the kaching or motherloade cheats.

cas.fulleditmode – Because, let’s face the facts, all those new sims who the game spawns need some serious help in getting rid of those odd pear shapes, and nine month pregnant mother appearance, and they aren’t even females.

bb.showhiddenobjects – Because I’m too lazy to wait around for the different vegetation to grow, besides that, I already did the whole garden challenge without cheating.

Traits.equip_trait – I find I really like giving my sims certain traits, and not have to bother with going through whatever requirements to get those traits. For example, I will give my teens and adult sims the children traits for completing those requirements. This way it gives me the feel that they had been around since they were born. Also, I will use the cheat to remove certain traits as well. For example, my alien sim, I decided I didn’t want her to be an alien anymore, so I took away her alien trait, this way when she gets married to her boyfriend, he won’t be the one getting pregnant. I’m not crazy about playing multiple babies at the same time.

Those are about the only ones I really use anymore.
  • Options
    Sim ShadySim Shady Posts: 297 Member
    I don't use money cheats anymore but I use moveobjects & cas.fulleditmode just because I often don't get things exactly how I want them otherwise.
    duck.jpg
  • Options
    One thing I miss from TS3 is the inheritance reward thingy.. that was useful.
  • Options
    FrogPrinceFrogPrince Posts: 485 Member
    I use cheats but I don't consider them as cheats; I consider them as options!
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I cheat like a bandit and Motherlode makes me richer than the Landgrabbs. Why? Poor as a church mouse in rl so it's an escapism thing. Have to admit though now you've mentioned it I would love to know what happens when a Sim hits rock bottom so I may just quit cheating, just the once :)
  • Options
    trintastictrintastic Posts: 323 Member
    FrogPrince wrote: »

Pretty much this. There are some options available in the game (unlimited cash via motherlode) that I don't use, there are other options available in the game (changing a trait that turned out not to be enjoyable to play with) that I do use.

I use certain "cheats" but I don't consider them cheating, because the game doesn't have objectives beyond what I set for myself, or rules to achieving them beyond those I decide on.
  • Options
    IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    I never use any of the money, skill or job cheats. I do use the Cas edit cheat to change some Townes traits and move object cheat. Other than that, I want my Sim to feel the pain of having to work hard for their money >:)
  • Options
    trintastictrintastic Posts: 323 Member
    edited May 2016
    I never use any of the money, skill or job cheats. I do use the Cas edit cheat to change some Townes traits and move object cheat. Other than that, I want my Sim to feel the pain of having to work hard for their money >:)

I actually use a cheat to take away money at the start of a game, because they start with too much for my preferences.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited May 2016
    I don't use money cheats unless I'm doing a challenge cause I find it insanely easy to get money as it is.
    I use basically everything else though, in conjunction with the debug cheats mod. Sometimes I like to give sims some basic skills or use any of the build/buy mode cheats.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    trintastic wrote: »
    FrogPrince wrote: »

Pretty much this. There are some options available in the game (unlimited cash via motherlode) that I don't use, there are other options available in the game (changing a trait that turned out not to be enjoyable to play with) that I do use.

I use certain "cheats" but I don't consider them cheating, because the game doesn't have objectives beyond what I set for myself, or rules to achieving them beyond those I decide on.

In real life, people change all the time, so I don't think taking away a certain trait is necessarily cheating, maybe just natural personality change, especially as we get older..
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,345 Member
    I regularly use cas.fulledit to change townies to my liking.

I also use the "money [amount]" cheat a lot to set starting funds to zero.

And I have no qualms to use cheats ocasionally to make the game fit my story. If I need a high level astronaut to provide my recruits with safer rockets, I'll cheat one into being. If I need a fancy shop, I'll cheat one, provided the family I do that for could believeably own one (Landgraab, Goth, my own Blackbird and MacArthur). If I have an aspirering mixologist that is self-employed, I'll cheat to skip the career level goal in his aspiration. So it all depends on whether I can justify using a cheat to myself or not.