Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask your questions on Dine Out

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
I have a feeling at some point their going to be taking questions from the communtiy on this pack on twitter. I"m going to link this to SimGuruNinja who is over this pack.

My Questions
1)What Are the New Gameplay Objects?

2)Deleted

3)Do the table romance interactions work on all tables in the game and from various packs?

4)Can Sims play footsie,kiss,hold hands etc at the tables now?

5)Can sims cook the new recipes at home?

6)Is there any new radio stations eg New Age Piano for elegant restuarents?

7)Can I pick the table I want my sims to sit at then the hostess takes them to the table?

8)Can the new aquariums be used anywhere or are they limited to restuarents?

9)Does the nectar rack work or is it just decor?

Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    Well your second question is all I care about, lol.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited May 2016
    1) Do Sims have to reserve seats at the Restaurant?

2) Can Sims be kicked out of Restaurants(or even banned from them) for not paying for their food or for bad behavior?

3) What is the new Skill if there is one?

4) Will we be able to cook food in our own Restaurants?

5) Can we make the male waiters serve peoples' orders with their shirts off? ;)

6) Can we choose the Employee Outfit?

7) Will there be new Collectables?

8) Will there be new Plants that can be harvested?

9) Can we live at Restaurants(I.E. owning Family Restaurants and living there with the family)?

10) Can our Chefs be mischievous with the food they serve? :naughty:

11) Will Chefs take fish out of their aquariums to use for recipes on their own?

12) Will the Cooking and Gourmet Cooking Base Game Skills be upgraded?

13) Will there be special menu items for Children?

14) Will there be secret menu items?

15) Can we have proper Dinner Dates? :3

I'm quite excited about this pack <3 Especially if 4 and 5 get a yes xD
    Post edited by Prink34320 on
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited May 2016
    I love your #5 @Prink34320 I'm hoping we can set clothing and now we have nude as a clothing option sooooo... here's hoping.
    Might make for some interesting restaurant themes behind the scenes. Hopefully you all can get questions answered but I think they like to (have too) mostly keep mum...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Angelini55Angelini55 Posts: 64 Member
    Good idea @catloverplayer!

I have some questions:

1) Can you hire a bartender/barista and, if so, will sims order drinks? (They ignore the coffee bar in my bakery even if it's staffed)

2) Will you make a profit from drinks served from the bar in your restaurant?

3) Can sims be seated at a bar or only at tables?

4) Can we influence the mood of the diners with the menu items we choose?

5) Can you throw a party at a restaurant?
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    1: Are Bathroom Stalls and Urinals being patched into the game?
    2: Can my stores run even when my sims are not on the lot unlike retail stores?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    edited May 2016
    These are all really good questions and I will really be excited for this GP if they can answer all these questions. :)
    I would also like to know if we can work as a waiter or a host as a career opportunity for all ages? :)
    Also will there be different types of restaurants? :)
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited May 2016
    You guys already asked everything I want to know so the only question I have left is a bit superficial in comparison.
    - Is there any new tattoos?
    I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but I'm desperate for new tattoos, we haven't had any in ages!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Can we throw any of the current parties (birthday party, dinner party, black & white party) at a restaurant? Even getting married, maybe?
    If so... would that mess up the game? Because if I recall correctly, some of those require a sim to bake/cook stuff.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    1) Does the fast food window work
    2) Is there a food critic?
    3) Can we order drinks with our meal?
    4) How many of each (chef, waiter, host) can you hire? (trailer shows more than one of each.)
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    1. Are Italian foods like lasagna, calzone, and also the wood fire oven from Monte Vista returning?
    2. Can we cook and serve pizza?
    3. Are there new appliances like the deep fryer, juicer, blender, trash compactor, etc?
    4. Can we create fast food restaurants?
    5. In the trailer we can se a functional heater, is there a functional fan/AC as well?
    6. How do customers pay? Is it like the stores in Get to Work with a tablet?
    7. Are there 2x2, 2x3 tables or larger?
    8. Do we set opening and closing hours for the restaurant or is it like the stores in Get to Work where you open and close the store whenever you want?
    9. Can restaurants have dress codes (e.g. a fancy restaurant where customers must wear formal outfits)?
    10. Are there any new worlds coming with this pack?
    11. Are urinals for the male restrooms returning?
    12. Are there new counters, cabinets, fridges, microwaves, dishwashers, etc?
    13. Can any type of food be served or are there restrictions?
    14. Are there buffet restaurants?
    15. In the trailer there are sectional chairs to be used with tables. Are there sectional sofas as well to be used in the sims' houses?
  • Options
    lexus20 wrote: »
    1. Are Italian foods like lasagna, calzone, and also the wood fire oven from Monte Vista returning?
    2. Can we cook and serve pizza?
    3. Are there new appliances like the deep fryer, juicer, blender, trash compactor, etc?
    4. Can we create fast food restaurants?
    5. In the trailer we can se a functional heater, is there a functional fan/AC as well?
    6. How do customers pay? Is it like the stores in Get to Work with a tablet?
    7. Are there 2x2, 2x3 tables or larger?
    8. Do we set opening and closing hours for the restaurant or is it like the stores in Get to Work where you open and close the store whenever you want?
    9. Can restaurants have dress codes (e.g. a fancy restaurant where customers must wear formal outfits)?
    10. Are there any new worlds coming with this pack?
    11. Are urinals for the male restrooms returning?
    12. Are there new counters, cabinets, fridges, microwaves, dishwashers, etc?
    13. Can any type of food be served or are there restrictions?
    14. Are there buffet restaurants?
    15. In the trailer there are sectional chairs to be used with tables. Are there sectional sofas as well to be used in the sims' houses?

I can answer 15. The sectionals can be used on your residential home lot as well. All they are is chairs that you hook together.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Are the wine glasses on table real or decorations? If they are real, can we order the wine we want?

If the above is yes...

Has wine been added to mixology skill or is it a new skill?

Can we purchase a bottle of wine\nectar or whatever it is going to be called in this game to take home?
  • Options
    In one of the pics I saw what look like a glass of water with bubbles in it next to the child coloring in the coloring book. What is that?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    In one of the pics I saw what look like a glass of water with bubbles in it next to the child coloring in the coloring book. What is that?

Sparkling water? Sprite?
  • Options
    riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    edited May 2016
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Sparkling water? Sprite?

I'm thirsty in this moment... :yum:

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    When we send other sims to restaurants will the owners be there? Or will they be NPC run like retail?

Can groups claim booths/tables for meetings instead of having to build a room at the restaurant?

• Options
    Will we be able to set dress code for the restaurant? I'd like sims to dress formal for my upscale restaurant, including the kids.
  • Options
    BruceSF55BruceSF55 Posts: 135 Member
    I am wondering if we will ever get toilet stalls and urinals again! I dread the thought of making separate toilet room restrooms for all of the restaurants I want to build.
  • Options
    riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    Are there new woohoo spots? :smirk:
  • Options
    Is it possible to make a tv like the wall speakers and set one to sports only for my sports bar and grill?
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Will there be new careers/ traits/ aspirations/ emotions?
  • Options
    Cupcakes4evaloveCupcakes4evalove Posts: 1 New Member
    Guys I'm pretty sure the wine glass isn't decor, considering a sim was toasting with one in the trailer. (0:05)
    I also have a question about the pack, Do waiters have a cleaning station?
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Sparkling water? Sprite?

Soda Fountains?
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Can sim woohoo under the table :p ?
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited May 2016
    Some things I forgot to ask...

1) Can we give out Free Samples?

2) Will there be a Gordon Ramsay NPC?

3) Will there be a Salad Bar? xD
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.