Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guys please help, my sims 3 is lagging even with my awesome GTX 750 Ti video card

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    > @Simasaurus09 said:
    > GTX 750 benchmarks pretty close to a GTX 950 and that's enough to run this game + all packs.
    >
    > @MissSteff89 All newer cards won't be recognized and this game is no longer being looked after by EA. You will only receive the message once. It is not required to get the game to recognize your card. It can help but for most people vsync is enough.You need to turn on vsync. This is required and without it you will experience lag, stutter, and heat issues. Please try this and let us know how it goes.
    >
    > Nvidia VSync - Right click desktop > NVIDIA Control Panel
    >
    >
    > Graphic settings will be up to you... I leave detailed lots because that alone will cause unnecessary lag. Resolution is totally up to you. The highest option available will be what is native to your monitor. Lowering resolution can help stabilize the game but not by much. It will degrade graphics if you lower it. It's fine if you have it set to max.

What you suggested did not work... the horse on gallop started stuttering nonstop... Ugh I dunno what to do, please read my specs and help me furthermore ..

First off, go into your game and bring up the Cheat panel (ctrl-shift-c). Once there type in FPS and press the Enter key on your keyboard. This is the only way to see whether your VSync settings are working or not. If VSync is working you'll probably have a fairly even 60 FPS. If not the number will be much higher and fluctuate a lot.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    BSIRegina wrote: »
    One thing I just thought of is that I could never get VSync to work on my game so resorted to 3Booter. I've been thinking that could have something to do with old drivers not being fully uninstalled when I installed the new card's drivers (didn't realize the problem until later) but now I'm wondering if it has to do with not editing the sgr files. Does anyone here have any idea on that?

Vsync won't work if you play in widowed mode. If you do, you can download Nvidia Inspector and use that to edit the TS3 Nvidia profile to use Nvidia's built in frame limiter. I did that and I'm getting a cap of 60 fps in windowed mode. Maybe I saw some improvement in lag? If so, it wasn't much of an improvement.
  • Options
    MissSteff89MissSteff89 Posts: 83 New Member
    > @Simasaurus09 said:
    > GTX 750 benchmarks pretty close to a GTX 950 and that's enough to run this game + all packs.
    >
    > @MissSteff89 All newer cards won't be recognized and this game is no longer being looked after by EA. You will only receive the message once. It is not required to get the game to recognize your card. It can help but for most people vsync is enough.You need to turn on vsync. This is required and without it you will experience lag, stutter, and heat issues. Please try this and let us know how it goes.
    >
    > Nvidia VSync - Right click desktop > NVIDIA Control Panel
    >
    >
    > Graphic settings will be up to you... I leave detailed lots because that alone will cause unnecessary lag. Resolution is totally up to you. The highest option available will be what is native to your monitor. Lowering resolution can help stabilize the game but not by much. It will degrade graphics if you lower it. It's fine if you have it set to max.

How can i remove my sims 3 from the NVIDIA 3D Panel ??? it is causing lagging!
  • Options
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    BSIRegina wrote: »
    One thing I just thought of is that I could never get VSync to work on my game so resorted to 3Booter. I've been thinking that could have something to do with old drivers not being fully uninstalled when I installed the new card's drivers (didn't realize the problem until later) but now I'm wondering if it has to do with not editing the sgr files. Does anyone here have any idea on that?

Vsync won't work if you play in widowed mode. If you do, you can download Nvidia Inspector and use that to edit the TS3 Nvidia profile to use Nvidia's built in frame limiter. I did that and I'm getting a cap of 60 fps in windowed mode. Maybe I saw some improvement in lag? If so, it wasn't much of an improvement.

I don't play in Windowed mode, it's always full-screen. The only place I noticed increased performance after going to 3Booter was in CASt, which before was unusuable. It didn't really seem to do much for my game but I was/am more concerned about over-heating my GPU than anything else.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @MissSteff89 Sorry, I stepped out for a dentist appointment.

Yes add The Sims 3 (base game) ts3.exe if you are on patch 1.69 so it will look like The Sims 3 (ts3.exe) in the menu. If you're not sure about your patch level then let me know. Switch Vertical sync to On or Adaptive. If one does not work out, you can try the other. I should have mentioned the fps on cheat in game to check fps. Yes you must play in fullscreen for this to work. The FPS should be capped at 60 most likely for your monitor with vsync on or adaptive.

This won't do any harm to your game. If it's not working and you want to turn it off then hit the Restore button with the green Nvidia logo in the Nvidia control panel. First check with the fps cheat. TreyNutz might be able to explain Nvidia Inspector to you further if the control panel doesn't work.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    > @Simasaurus09 said:
    > @MissSteff89 Sorry, I stepped out for a dentist appointment.
    >
    > Yes add The Sims 3 (base game) ts3.exe if you are on patch 1.69 so it will look like The Sims 3 (ts3.exe) in the menu. If you're not sure about your patch level then let me know. Switch Vertical sync to On or Adaptive. If one does not work out, you can try the other. I should have mentioned the fps on cheat in game to check fps. Yes you must play in fullscreen for this to work. The FPS should be capped at 60 most likely for your monitor with vsync on or adaptive.
    >
    > This won't do any harm to your game. If it's not working and you want to turn it off then hit the Restore button with the green Nvidia logo in the Nvidia control panel. First check with the fps cheat. TreyNutz might be able to explain Nvidia Inspector to you further if the control panel doesn't work.

Okay will try that, thank you!
  • Options
    Guys my game is freezing for 1 min then I get to play it then it freezes again, why is this happening?
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @MissSteff89 Do you have Nraas SP in? I know most people don't have any real issues with it, but after being in my game for 3.5 to 4 sim weeks, it gives me fits.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Guys my game is freezing for 1 min then I get to play it then it freezes again, why is this happening?
    Was it doing this before and is the FPS capping?

• Options
    [quote="ChelleJo;14795902"]@MissSteff89 Do you have Nraas SP in? I know most people don't have any real issues with it, but after being in my game for 3.5 to 4 sim weeks, it gives me fits. [/quote]

What do u mean with Nraas SP ?
  • Options
    [quote="Simasaurus09;14796436"][quote="MissSteff89;14795894"]Guys my game is freezing for 1 min then I get to play it then it freezes again, why is this happening?
    [/quote]Was it doing this before and is the FPS capping?

[/quote]

I didn't understand can you guys guide me through
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    @MissSteff89 Do you have Nraas SP in? I know most people don't have any real issues with it, but after being in my game for 3.5 to 4 sim weeks, it gives me fits.

The Nraas mod Story Progression. I'm gonna take it you don't. So no worries. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    [quote="ChelleJo;14796854"][quote="MissSteff89;14796842"][quote="ChelleJo;14795902"]@MissSteff89 Do you have Nraas SP in? I know most people don't have any real issues with it, but after being in my game for 3.5 to 4 sim weeks, it gives me fits. [/quote]

[/quote]

The Nraas mod Story Progression. I'm gonna take it you don't. So no worries. :) [/quote]

Oh u mean Sims and pets moving in and out of the neighborhood and living their lives... No I don't think so!
  • Options
    Was it doing this before and is the FPS capping?

I didn't understand can you guys guide me through
    Which part do you need help on? Were you able to pull up the Nvidia Control Panel?

• Options
    Guys my game finally worked after removing story progression! Thank you for everything!

What game mods should I have? And I need a glitch free website please no bugs no nothing!
    (Supernatural and pets mods preferred)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I'm not sure what you mean by Supernatural and Pets mods? What are you looking for exactly?

NRaas: Tips for Better Game Preformance
    NRaas Error Trap and Overwatch provide a lot of game clean up. Error Trap does save game clean up and reports any game errors and Overwatch makes corrections of persistent or recurring errors produced by the Core game or other mods, resets sims and objects as well as performing nightly clean up when playing. The functions can be viewed here: Error Trap and Overwatch.

I recommend reading that whole page (bold blue link). Also, you really should have vsync turned on. I left info on how to do it here in this thread. If you tell me what you are stuck on, I can help. Without vsync your card will be at risk of burning up.
  • Options
    [quote="Simasaurus09;14802590"]I'm not sure what you mean by Supernatural and Pets mods? What are you looking for exactly?

[url=es.com/TIPS+FOR+BETTER+GAME+PERFORMANCE"][b]NRaas: Tips for Better Game Preformance[/b][/url]
    [quote] provide a lot of game clean up. Error Trap does save game clean up and reports any game errors and Overwatch makes corrections of persistent or recurring errors produced by the Core game or other mods, resets sims and objects as well as performing nightly clean up when playing. The functions can be viewed here: Error Trap and Overwatch.[/quote]

I recommend reading that whole page (bold blue link). Also, you really should have vsync turned on. I left info on how to do it here in this thread. If you tell me what you are stuck on, I can help. Without vsync your card will be at risk of burning up.[/quote]

Ok thank you so much! And by supernatural or pets game mods I mean mods for increased features for vampires,werewolves etc... Also mods for the pets expansion

And is Nraas page for mods the safest? And 100% glitch free?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2016

Seriously? :p

It is run by a bunch of bozos who have no idea what they are doing and it should be avoided at all costs. >:)

While Wikispaces (our host) has performance issues of its own that we ourselves are pretty much fed up with and we are taking steps to improve things very soon, there isn't a safer site on the web. The mods are designed and maintained by professional software developers. Not sure I can guarantee "glitch free" for any mod in existence, but the game itself is hardly that.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    skm36skm36 Posts: 2,754 Member
    igazor wrote: »

Seriously? :p

It is run by a bunch of bozos who have no idea what they are doing and it should be avoided at all costs.>:)

While Wikispaces (our host) has performance issues of its own that we ourselves are pretty much fed up with and we are taking steps to improve things very soon, there isn't a safer site on the web. The mods are designed and maintained by professional software developers. Not sure I can guarantee "glitch free" for any mod in existence, but the game itself is hardly that.

Just had to say... graphics-3d-smileys-177509.gif
    j7zqrt.jpg
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    edited May 2016
    I just wanted to thank you guys for all the info about running Sims 3 with new graphics cards. I just got a new computer and I definitely needed all these directions. I've set up a profile for TS3 in Crimson and edited the game files successfully. My game is running great. No issues so far.

@igazor, I used the link you shared: Editing Game sgr Files
    and the advanced steps found here: Getting New graphics cards recognized by the game

Also, @Colton147147 @TreyNutz and @Simasaurus09 , I appreciate the explanations about TS3 needing VSync turned on in GPU programs. I used @ChelleJo 's screenshot for my AMD card: Radeon Crimson Settings for The Sims 3

@BSIRegina Thanks for the cheat to check FPS in game. I've been using Fraps for that, but the cheat would be easier. I will definitely try it.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @lanlyn - So glad to hear you had success with all those nifty setup instructions. Almost as fun as playing the game, isn't it? :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    @lanlyn I'm glad I could help. :smile: