Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which program do you use for LP videos?

I want to start making a LP video series and I currently have Open Broadcaster Software. Does anyone else use this or have another free one they'd like the share?

Comments

• Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Lisa13750 wrote: »
    I want to start making a LP video series and I currently have Open Broadcaster Software. Does anyone else use this or have another free one they'd like the share?
    Hi @Lisa13750 I used OBS for my Youtube videos, for Sims 3 and a couple of other games but not TS4 ... I don't know if there are any specific differences with recording TS4.

• Options
    Holly LindinHolly Lindin Posts: 28 New Member
    Hey Lisa:

I use a Mac for my LPs (just search for "Bloom 100 Baby Challenge" and/or "Holly Lindin" to find my YouTube channel), and I've really enjoyed using ScreenFlow! There aren't a lot of options to the program (that I know of), but if you're just recording gameplay without any flashy aftereffects, it's really great. I hear Fraps for Windows is quite good as well, but I don't use Windows so I can't really comment on that.

I hope this information helps at all! :)
  • Options
    PhDSimmerPhDSimmer Posts: 86 Member
    If you have Nvidia graphics card (not sure which one) you get Shadowplay as part of Nvidia experience, this is what I use and it's completely free - doesn't restrict video length and I can record in HD. I used Fraps before and that was pretty good too!
    Sul Sul! I'm a life long fan of The Sims! Come and join me on Youtube/Twitter. My videos are mainly LPs and Challenges, with a few other random things thrown in there too!
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/phdsimmer
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/PhDSimmer
  • Options
    MallymaksMallymaks Posts: 133 Member
    I use Open Split Broadcaster for recording! There are free trials for different recording programs, my favorite one is Camtasia Studio and you can usually get it repetatively for five days afterwards! :smile: 0
    Hope that helps!
  • Options
    LifeSimLifeSim Posts: 139 Member
    *open broadcast software
    *screencast-o-matic
    *ezvid
    *bandicam
    *fraps
    *action
    *screenflow
    *gameshow
    *xsplit gamecaster