Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small update coming to the PC version of The Sims 3

Comments

• Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    @Karritz - I hadn't thought to rebuy the packs that I bought as digital from Origin, but that's a good idea. Maybe I can find them on eBay as Lexers615 suggested. I already have the digital copies registered with EA/Origin. All I need is to install and play after patching to 1.67 and no further. Then I'll be able to use Custom Launcher or CC Magic. Thanks!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    @Karritz - I hadn't thought to rebuy the packs that I bought as digital from Origin, but that's a good idea. Maybe I can find them on eBay as Lexers615 suggested. I already have the digital copies registered with EA/Origin. All I need is to install and play after patching to 1.67 and no further. Then I'll be able to use Custom Launcher or CC Magic. Thanks!

You also need your codes to install from disk. I think you may not be able to find them on Origin any more. I haven't looked. You may need to contact EA Support if you don't have them written down somewhere.
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »
    Nik24X7 wrote: »

You also need your codes to install from disk. I think you may not be able to find them on Origin any more. I haven't looked. You may need to contact EA Support if you don't have them written down somewhere.
    They're all to be found in Origin. At least, they were there when I reinstalled a few weeks ago. Plus the new ones they gave me to replace the ones that no longer worked. I dunno. I might just choose to live with my game the way it is under 1.69 and have to keep notes as to which packs to check for each save game. I'll think about it.

• Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    If you buy from eBay just look for discs that include a license number. You already have the other license numbers registered but in case those don't work with your discs you'll have the numbers for installation at least. I've bought some of my stuff used and most of the time don't care whether I can register it or not. As long as the number is there I'm golden.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Well, I thought the OP asked for replacement disk... I seem to have misread...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    alexaualexau Posts: 1 New Member
    > @crinrict said:
    > If you patch up to 1.69, you will need Origin.
    >
    > If you want to play Sims 3 without Origin, you need discs of ALL expansions and the old base game. Then just install that and manually patch to 1.67, then install the EPs from disc.
    >
    > Make sure you leave auto-updates off and patch Sims 4 by clicking on Update on the game.

thanks for advice
  • Options
    BoiSimmerBoiSimmer Posts: 38 New Member
    aaaaa
  • Options
    AletaAleta Posts: 119 Member
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    fxchrfxchr wrote: »
    They seem to have put all of their eggs in the Sims 4 basket and if there is ever a TS5 it would probably depend on how full that basket gets...

I rather think their way got bumpier than expected, and they suffered "attrition" on the way, which jeopardizes a lot the odds of ever having a TS5...

To me, when it became obvious that TS4 wouldn't reach their expectations, they should have "reopened" TS3 and just pretend nothing happened...

Yes, wouldn't that be a dream. TS3 reopened. :)

And all earlier promos available for purchase - PLEASE! Let us newer simmers be able buy them.
  • Options
    Aleta wrote: »

And all earlier promos available for purchase - PLEASE! Let us newer simmers be able buy them.

<3<3<3

Like Dr Pepper stuff... o:)
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options

<3<3<3

Like Dr Pepper stuff... o:)

Yes, that one and so many more. Many not available outside the US either. Make us happy EA, PLEASE again!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Make us happy EA, PLEASE again!

I guess what EA fails to see here is that their is still a large "sales potential" with TS3... How many of us would gladly purchase an optimized x64 version of TS3? How many would pre-purchase another $9.99 EP? How many would purchase simpoints for new simstore content, should there be any? I could keep it on for a while... I understand they stopped working on TS3 hoping to guide/lure us to TS4, but, whether you look at it from a player's/simlover's perspective, or from a business perspective, scuttling it like they are apparently doing is far from the brightest thing to do...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    trishyjacktrishyjack Posts: 49 Member
    I updated to the 1.69 unknowingly and hated it. Thank you you guys for the info about reinstalling the game. I had purchased the base game from amazon as a digital download and all of my eps are also digital download. so I downloaded them all and installed them; mindful to take off the automatic update thing. Then I manually updated to 1.67. yeah! am happy once again. That update seriously messed up my game on two PCs.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I guess what EA fails to see here is that their is still a large "sales potential" with TS3... How many of us would gladly purchase an optimized x64 version of TS3? How many would pre-purchase another $9.99 EP? How many would purchase simpoints for new simstore content, should there be any? I could keep it on for a while... I understand they stopped working on TS3 hoping to guide/lure us to TS4, but, whether you look at it from a player's/simlover's perspective, or from a business perspective, scuttling it like they are apparently doing is far from the brightest thing to do...

Yes! I'm trying to get EA's attention. Got an answer before from SimGuruChick, that it was an interesting suggestion, and that she would forward it. But... that was at least a year ago!

Edit: No matter how many new expansions there would be, I would still want the old promos as well. Want it all.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    No matter how many new expansions there would be, I would still want the old promos as well. Want it all.

Then I suggest you take a look here... *Maybe* you'll find some freebies you haven't claimed yet...

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/456640/free-items-from-the-sims-3-store-24th-july-2014/p1

Post edited by Lexers615 on
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    edited May 2016
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »
    Did anyone update theirs?
    Did it break anything..?

For me no Mods or CC was broken, but now the launcher CONTINUALLY un-installs my expansion packs! Basically, I got tired of Origin constantly trying to automatically install the update and just said "whatever, do it" - this was just in April, so I fought it for close to 6 months :|

When I open the launcher there is now a section for all the expansions through Origin... well if you click on anything other than play, it "un-installs" my expansions. I went to check on them and make sure they were all checked, and they were, but then when the game loaded, it loaded the base game! Exit out. Re-start. Re-check. Re-install. Press play everything is fine. It's just annoying. I wish they would leave well enough alone. Oh! I did forget its recently started just minimizing to the desktop.. not crashing, just closing itself and going to the desktop. Annoying, but not terrible.
  • Options
    s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    SimsTias wrote: »
    Great idea! Let's update the launcher that no one uses and then just ignore all the bugs that still are in the game! :D:D
    GG EA...

My thoughts exactly! I fought the update for close to 6 months. I thought "why update, NRAAS, Bloom, Twallen, made my game finally playable. All my CC works, my game hasn't crashed in ages! ...why update at all?" ...but then Origin got insistent every time I turned on my computer, always trying to update on its own.. even after disabling the auto feature, constantly reminding me there was an update! Ugh. So I finally gave in.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    s_stutler wrote: »
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »
    Did anyone update theirs?
    Did it break anything..?

For me no Mods or CC was broken, but now the launcher CONTINUALLY un-installs my expansion packs! Basically, I got tired of Origin constantly trying to automatically install the update and just said "whatever, do it" - this was just in April, so I fought it for close to 6 months :|

When I open the launcher there is now a section for all the expansions through Origin... well if you click on anything other than play, it "un-installs" my expansions. I went to check on them and make sure they were all checked, and they were, but then when the game loaded, it loaded the base game! Exit out. Re-start. Re-check. Re-install. Press play everything is fine. It's just annoying. I wish they would leave well enough alone. Oh! I did forget its recently started just minimizing to the desktop.. not crashing, just closing itself and going to the desktop. Annoying, but not terrible.
    I've read that whenever you delete your cache files, the launcher forgets which EPs and SPs you have installed. FYI.
    trishyjack wrote: »
    I updated to the 1.69 unknowingly and hated it. Thank you you guys for the info about reinstalling the game. I had purchased the base game from amazon as a digital download and all of my eps are also digital download. so I downloaded them all and installed them; mindful to take off the automatic update thing. Then I manually updated to 1.67. yeah! am happy once again. That update seriously messed up my game on two PCs.

Wait. Were you able to patch to only 1.67 and still use EPs and SPs that you downloaded from Origin? Am I understanding you correctly? Or are digital downloads also available from Amazon? Thanks!

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Digital downloads independent of Origin used to be sold by Amazon and other vendors like Gamer'sGate. Those who purchased them that way in the past should still have access to their original downloads. But those who purchase them that way now, for the few third party vendors who still carry them that way, I believe get Origin codes instead.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    Wish we could get an update to change the games save data. I would love to have it save on a flash drive. So when I go out with my laptop, I don't have to copy my game data over.
  • Options
    hen1010hen1010 Posts: 7 New Member
    please add me for simport - hen1010
  • Options
    TheSimmulatorrTheSimmulatorr Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi all! I love the game! I have actually started a Youtube channel where I record myself playing! Come watch and give feedback! i's love to hear from you :)

https : //youtu.be/ula_OHzQuYU

Thanks in advance!

-The Simmulator
  • Options
    nervousnervous Posts: 113 Member
    Are they completely done with TS3 now? The November update was the only one after TS4 released, so I guess that it's becoming a think of the past already...I would still really love to see more expansion packs and stuff for TS3. Oh well. I like TS4 too.
    really though...we need more musical instruments.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    nervous wrote: »
    Are they completely done with TS3 now? The November update was the only one after TS4 released, so I guess that it's becoming a think of the past already...I would still really love to see more expansion packs and stuff for TS3. Oh well. I like TS4 too.

I think EA has completed whatever they plan to do with TS3 but there are lots of mods and custom content still being made and a lot of it addes game play. Someone made a working feris wheel recently and several people have made mods to add new harvestables and recipes. I've now got a realistic looking banana tree and coconut trees that produce coconuts that sims can eat/drink from.

Here are a few recent pictures of my sims using a little of the cc that's out there now. I didn't have any cc in my game before Sims 4 came out.

Skin005.jpg

Fawn004.jpg

I made a fairy village with about a dozen 'fairy' houses in Barnacle Bay.
    Paula008.jpg

Rose008.jpg

View025.jpg

Bananas002.jpg

Coconuts002.jpg

There's still lots going on with Sims 3 even though EA isn't making more EPs for it. If they did start making more I'm sure a lot of people would buy it. The store is still selling things but they aren't adding to it either.

• Options
    igazor wrote: »
    Someone kept forgetting to feed the TS3 development team, so the social workers came and got them 2.5 years ago, after the Post-ITF Patch. :/

lol!!!! Great way of putting it!
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top