Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some complaints I really want to say

I have played Sims for 10 years and it is the only game that I have played for such a long time.
The main reason I love this game is because I can design and build different styles of houses. In sims2 and sims3, I can use terrain tools, I can build indoor foundation, I can create curved swimming pool, I can use color wheel, I can build garage, I can place an elevator or spiral stairs, and so on.
Now, all these features are removed in Sims 4! And still none of them has come back after more than one year waiting.
We are always asking for something, but EA always make other things. So many times, I could see millions of posts in this forum crying for toddlers. But till now, it is still unknown whether toddler will comeback after EA has released lots of SP, EP, and GP.
I totally have no idea what EA is thinking, now, I have lost so much confidence for what I could expect from future packs. I have uninstalled this game yesterday and don't know whether I will play it again. Maybe I should spend less time on playing sims4.

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    Hopefully all the design tools will make a reappearance in the future. :)
  • Options
    flippinmaryflippinmary Posts: 180 Member
    edited May 2016
    There are "basic" things in SIms 2 and 3 which were left out of (or not yet added to) Sims 4. Lack of time? Because of multitasking? Just can't do it? Who knows. Those things are missing. It's not a matter of the game being the "same" as Sims 2 and 3 it's that the game has veered off onto a side track and left some things we were used to being in the base game behind.

Maybe it would be better to treat TS4 as a new game and not expect it to have the same things as previous versions. I don't think things are missing and it hasn't veered off at all, it's something different. There would be a lot more complaints if TS4 was just a clone of 2 and 3. If people really miss the features of 2 and 3 then maybe it would be better to play those games instead of 4?

How can you expect to have new game play, new content etc. if you want the same as 2 and 3?
  • Options
    There are "basic" things in SIms 2 and 3 which were left out of (or not yet added to) Sims 4. Lack of time? Because of multitasking? Just can't do it? Who knows. Those things are missing. It's not a matter of the game being the "same" as Sims 2 and 3 it's that the game has veered off onto a side track and left some things we were used to being in the base game behind.

Maybe it would be better to treat TS4 as a new game and not expect it to have the same things as previous versions. I don't think things are missing and it hasn't veered off at all, it's something different. There would be a lot more complaints if TS4 was just a clone of 2 and 3. If people really miss the features of 2 and 3 then maybe it would be better to play those games instead of 4?

I have to disagree, for one toddlers are missing and a whole lot of people want them back. Each other iteration improved on the one before, Sims 4 went backward. Lots of things were missing at launch that were in the previous games and they are still missing. If sims 4 is that different it shouldn't have been called "4".

Hmm nothing's "missing" if it wasn't there in the first place?
  • Options

How can you expect to have new game play, new content etc. if you want the same as 2 and 3?

If it's something different then why is it listed as a sequel? A sequel builds on what came before it, not tears most of it down and starts again. If it's something different then it should be called Sims Olympus or Sims Online or Sims Something Different. As it is it's a sequel and there is a reasonable expectation that it will continue what's come before, building and expanding on it. I too miss CASt and everything else. While I do appreciate what was added I see no reason for taking away what was taken away.

If they're adding new features, something has to give otherwise the whole game would be just too big. I have no idea why they didn't name it Sims Olympus or whatever?
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member

If it's something different then why is it listed as a sequel? A sequel builds on what came before it, not tears most of it down and starts again. If it's something different then it should be called Sims Olympus or Sims Online or Sims Something Different. As it is it's a sequel and there is a reasonable expectation that it will continue what's come before, building and expanding on it. I too miss CASt and everything else. While I do appreciate what was added I see no reason for taking away what was taken away.

If they're adding new features, something has to give otherwise the whole game would be just too big. I have no idea why they didn't name it Sims Olympus or whatever?

Maybe they should have called it anything other than Sims 4 but then I wouldn't have bought it and neither would a lot of other people.

• Options
    Don't know what Spiderman or Iron Man's got to do with the price of cheese. Anyhow I've never played TS2 or 3 so I'm not missing anything!
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Don't know what Spiderman or Iron Man's got to do with the price of cheese. Anyhow I've never played TS2 or 3 so I'm not missing anything!

OK...then don't let your ignorance of the core features of the game dictate your attitude towards others who want those features. Please feel free to remain clueless, but do so without saying things like nothing is missing to people who know otherwise. *nothing is missing to you*

I did play TS1 and none of the "core features" you mention were in that. As I said, if it wasn't there to begin with, then it isn't missing is it? Don't let your ignorance of the original game spoil it for you.
  • Options

And, this is exactly what EA is looking for.

I agree with you. They want new players.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top