Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    simmy_sane wrote: »
    I think pretty much all has been covered here by now, but personally I'd just like to see toddlers learn skills a bit quicker. It TS2 it took quite some time, unless you drank the "magic milk", but even then, it took me very long to get my toddlers properly skilled before their next life stage.

I need some magic milk @simmy_sane it be nice if the money tree and some of the items from the sims 3 and 2 was brought to the sims 4...
    Yeah Smart milk was the best. It made teaching toddlers in the Sims 2 easier. That and using nannies and butlers as babysitters.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    This probably won't happen until a Seasons or Vacations type of pack, but I really want toddlers to be able to play in puddles, make sandcastles, play in a sandbox, play in snow, and make mud pies.
    mud+pie.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    > @Scobre said:
    > This probably won't happen until a Seasons or Vacations type of pack, but I really want toddlers to be able to play in puddles, make sandcastles, play in a sandbox, play in snow, and make mud pies.

That would be super cute! I'm very keen for Seasons to return, and I would love to see little toddlers playing outside with their families in the mud or snow!
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • Options
    emyprice95 wrote: »
    So I promised I would be back when I was a full member to post some images I photoshopped to look like toddlers! Here they are:

Toddlers%2BConcept%2BArt%2B1.png

Toddlers%2BConcept%2BArt%2B2.png

I'm so happy with how they've turned out, and I'm so keen to see what toddlers will look like in TS4! :D
    Aww they are so cute. I want to hold them and cuddle them. Very good job.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    @emyprice95 - While I'm guessing that's just a simple change in perspective, pictures like that would do more to sway people into wanting them than almost any of the usual posts I've seen. So thanks. :) I'm not a fan of them myself, but even I can't deny that look is cute.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    So I promised I would be back when I was a full member to post some images I photoshopped to look like toddlers! Here they are:

Toddlers%2BConcept%2BArt%2B1.png

Toddlers%2BConcept%2BArt%2B2.png

I'm so happy with how they've turned out, and I'm so keen to see what toddlers will look like in TS4! :D
    Aww they are so cute. I want to hold them and cuddle them. Very good job.

Thank you! :smiley: I'm so happy with how cute they've turned out!

@emyprice95 - While I'm guessing that's just a simple change in perspective, pictures like that would do more to sway people into wanting them than almost any of the usual posts I've seen. So thanks. :) I'm not a fan of them myself, but even I can't deny that look is cute.

It was a combination of editing child sims as much as I could in CAS to give them toddler-like proportions, then using Photoshop to make them smaller and further proportion them like a toddler. :smile: I'm glad that you think they're cute. :blush:
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

• Options
    I did another one! :smiley:

Toddlers%2BConcept%2BArt%2B3.png

• Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    @emyprice95 Great job. I hope toddlers look similar to what you photoshoped. They're adorable :)<3 .
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @emyprice95 well done! You've done a fab job! :)
  • Options
    @emyprice95 Great job. I hope toddlers look similar to what you photoshoped. They're adorable :)<3 .
    @emyprice95 well done! You've done a fab job! :)

Thank you guys! :blush:

• Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I hope they get a lot of gameplay and make a lot of messes.
  • Options
    Anit08Anit08 Posts: 17 Member
    It's so weird not having toddlers... I still haven't been able to get over it in the Sims 4. KEEP FIGHTING YA'LL!
  • Options
    AlizeAlize Posts: 50 Member
    I would totally not care at all if they make this as a exspansion pack, because then there is just so much more to give. It could be like a generations themed pack. They would generally focus on toddlers, but add a few family interactions as well. Instead of wasting exspansion pack space on a new town...they can use it to improve and add what we all begged and hoped for, for so long. Life is all about family and the people around you. They already improved sim to sim interactions and bonds by presenting "Get together", but we still want the essence of real life in the sims, with the zest of imagination and fantasy. This would be my ultimate dream come true. In the previous versions of the sims, it was like toddlers was just an after thought. Why? Isn't it one of the most important life stages to human (sim) development?
  • Options
    ladiieashladiieash Posts: 108 Member
    I recently started playing Sims 2. For the Sims 4, I really hope they bring back the interaction where the parents can bathe the toddlers and babies. That would be totally awesome!
  • Options
    jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member

This makes me want toddlers so bad! Great job!
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    i hope that when we get toddlers that they have chubby little cheeks. chubby toddlers are too cuuuuutteee ;A;
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options

This makes me want toddlers so bad! Great job!

Thank you! :blush:

• Options
    JulinhoXD2001JulinhoXD2001 Posts: 141 Member
    i hope that when we get toddlers that they have chubby little cheeks. chubby toddlers are too cuuuuutteee ;A;

I also want this. That toddler girl that EA Games made was too cute, I hope they make the toddlers like that little toddler.
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member

I also want this. That toddler girl that EA Games made was too cute, I hope they make the toddlers like that little toddler.

yes i totally agree with you on that ;v;
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    One thing I thought would be cool for toddlers would be a daycare lot. With the way the sims 4 worlds work, I think it'd be pretty cool, and allow to spend the day playing as your toddler, or get an active career as a daycare person.
  • Options
    lilbeckyhilllilbeckyhill Posts: 4 New Member
    I can't believe it's been nearly two years since the sims4 came out we're still crossing our fingers for toddlers. I've continued to play Sims3 quite a bit just because I feel a little bad for my sims4 sims and how much of life they really miss out on. I do enjoy both games I'm just shocked after playing sims for like 17 years or however long it's been (ages) that we're nearly 2 years out on this new game and we don't have many of the things we loved so much in the earlier games. Toddlers being at the top of the list, pets, seasons, etc.

I'm sad to find that I get board with sims4 so much more easily then I've ever gotten board with sims before. I want to love it, and I do enjoy it, but only for short spans. I've tried to have family's that I'm attached to in sims4 the way I'm attached to my simmies in the sims3, but I struggle. I feel like I go from having a crying baby, to a child that I barely know. It's a strange transition for me.

I"m really happy to have found this thread because from what I've read of it so far, it seams respectful to the creators of the game and the delicate balance they're trying to have in making our sims come more to life than ever and giving us everything we want. I have to admit I feel frustrated and have little desire to continue to purchace more expansions and game packs without them even letting us know what they plan to include or exclude from the game indefinitely.

I'm SO thankful for sims3 and shocked how much I still find myself facing the long load times just to play in a world that allows me to do things with my sims I could only dream of in my own life. I miss that in sims4 and I feel I've had a bit of patience waiting on the elements I feel sims4 lacking. I just wonder if they will ever throw us a bone on Sims4 or if we will just have to accept the idea that for all the neat things they did to bring our sims to life (which is pretty awesome don't get me wrong!) It's just a different game. I guess it will never be like it was when we left sims2 and moved to sims3 and never loaded back into sims2 ever again! We just made our family's in sims3 and they lived on and still do!

Well thanks for letting me share that. After all I've spent more days of my life playing sims games than any other game in the history of my life! I LOVE THE SIMS! Between my husband and our grown Son we have every game and expansion! I'm Just really HOPEFUL that they are able to give us some of what we've always loved in the previous versions of the game or if we will hit the two year mark and give up on it, accept that times have changed and go back to the toddlers and hot tubs we already own and love!

Peace & Love
    Mstree
  • Options
    barbaraluv86barbaraluv86 Posts: 131 Member
    For the sims 5, I hope there will be a base game lamb suit for when teaching toddlers to walk.
    https://youtu.be/UOK5hokTEnw
    *ignore me there lol*

It is a must.
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    @lilbeckyhill you took the words right out of my mouth. I have just started re-loading my Sims 3 games because I can no longer wait for this toddler issue to be resolved. I am finding myself getting bored with
    Sims 4, I am sad to say but I am finding ever new facets to Sims 3 that I never noticed before. It is like a whole new world is opening up to me as I revisit the past. I hope Sims 4 gives its faithful fans what they hunger for and the suggestions on these pages are awesome but until them, Sims 3 family play.
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Okay, I have an idea. We need a zoo where we can take the babies, toddlers and children. How great would that be? The toddlers or infants can use a stroller. We can buy balloons and snacks for the kids and feed treats to some of the animals, like the elephants and giraffes and maybe there can be an elephant or camel ride ( although ethically I am opposed to that sort of thing). Taking kids to the zoo is traditional and can be a great sim destination for everyone.