Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which great skintones do you guys use??

im looking for good skintones for my sims on the sims 3 so i was wondering which cc skins do u use and if u can tell me if thy are non-default or default please thanks in advance...

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I use Kurasoberina's Primer skin and I love it. It's a default skin.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Kurasoberina Starfruit HD default and defined eyes non default. The main skin I use is Cakeface Plus by I Like Teh Sims.
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    Kurasoberina's primer is my default. But I also have her freckled fruit and epiphantic installed, for freckled and asian sims.
    I also have fairsteadsims' berry skintoneramps somewhere.
  • Options
    Peach77Peach77 Posts: 313 Member
    I have a small skin gallery that's by no means comprehensive. Male and Female separate because some are gender specific. All are labeled and have links, although I'm not sure if you'll see the link in slideshow mode. Primer is at the end because I got it later. Most will give the option of choosing default or non-default. Ephemera Fresh is the one I use as default though.

http://s53.photobucket.com/user/AimeeC77/slideshow/TS3/Skin Gallery
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I agree about the Kurasoberina's skins listed above. I just started using them and am amazed.

Holy mother of pearl, I just went to K's home page, http://kurasoberina.tumblr.com/ -- I think my mouth is still hanging open at how gorgeous these Sims are. Why can't EA come up with even a smidgen of the gorgeousness we see here? It IS do-able. I think that if the Sims in the next iteration looked like this, people would be lining up to buy both the game and a new computer if that's what it took to run the game (but... it wouldn't, because Sims like these are do-able now!).
  • Options
    sugarplumpeachsugarplumpeach Posts: 177 Member
    Is the skin slider thing that comes in CAS really not enough?
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    The skins in CAS, even with sliders, do not have the shading and tones and definition that cc ones do.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Custom skins I use have already been mentioned here. I use Kurasoberina's default HD Primer and HD Specular. Also, most of my non-default skin is from there as well. My avatar is an example of what it looks like in my game.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    hepburnfan wrote: »

It's often the textures and little details of the skin that cares for it it doesn't seem...Right, somehow, for a lot of people. I don't like the eyelids and noseline for example, while I do like the eyelids and noseline of primer.
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    Depends on if you're looking for an EA-matchy type skin or a more realistic skin. ;)

I 100% suggest Kurasoberina if you like a smooth skin without extra detailing (like elbows and knees, and eyebag etc.)

For more realistic skins, you can do Navetsea, I like Ephemera skins. (We're talking defaults here).

There's a few recent threads on Maxis Match skins AND on Realistic skins. So you might want to check those out.

Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options

@hepburnfan Its mostly replacing the smooth EA skin with something that potentially has more definition, texture etc. Different skins have different detailing and shadowing.

Unedited, this guy (makeover of Suzuki Hamata from ST) has my default skin E-skin Fresh and a bit of texture makeup. You can tell that EA skin is a lot smoother in the face (and the body details on this skin are really quite nice)
    26128773184_c360b5e238_o.jpg

Studio
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I am currently using Kurasoberina's Primer as default. I have also used E-skin Fresh on @GaiaHypothesis recommendation and it is gorgeous! I have tried a lot but those 2 are my favorite. I also like Navetsea, some of Pralinesims, and Lady Frontbottom (NSFW) skins. Not an s club fan, although some like those skins :)

@hepburnfan No. No, they are not. MOAR SKINS!! MOOOAAARRRR. :D
  • Options
    simming_in_silencesimming_in_silence Posts: 133 Member
    I use a default S-Club skin. It's called like... "FM 2.0A"... Something like that. And my sims look gorgeous.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2016
    Oooooo.... glad I found this XD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    I use a default S-Club skin. It's called like... "FM 2.0A"... Something like that. And my sims look gorgeous.

I think I tried a few and while they are very well made and pretty, it didn't match my style but I have seen some people make some absolutely gorgeous sims out of them! ;) That's why I mentioned them, they are great skins, just not for me. :)
  • Options
    > @StephSteb said:
    > simming_in_silence wrote: »
    >
    > I use a default S-Club skin. It's called like... "FM 2.0A"... Something like that. And my sims look gorgeous.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think I tried a few and while they are very well made and pretty, it didn't match my style but I have seen some people make some absolutely gorgeous sims out of them! ;) That's why I mentioned them, they are great skins, just not for me. :)

I love S-Club's skins, and can't find any other good ones but I'll have to check out some that have been mentioned here.
  • Options
    I am still kinda new to skins myself so who knows? One day, I might find an S club skin that I fall in love with ;)
  • Options
    Although my one S-Club skin is a default and switching out skins seems like a lot of work xD
  • Options
    Achoo89Achoo89 Posts: 608 Member
    I really like Praline Sim's skins! And S-Club. I tried to use Kurasoberina but it never worked. And EA skins aren't up to standard! Once you go CC, you can't go back!
  • Options
    Achoo89 wrote: »
    I really like Praline Sim's skins! And S-Club. I tried to use Kurasoberina but it never worked. And EA skins aren't up to standard! Once you go CC, you can't go back!

Yeah, I can't live without CC. It's seriously an addiction.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    That changes the skin tone. ;) It does not change the detail. Different custom content skins can change the look of a sim.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    Kurasoberina Starfruit Skin (Defined Eyes)
    You can choose between non-default and default.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    NikkiKaur15NikkiKaur15 Posts: 477 Member
    StephSteb wrote: »
    I am currently using Kurasoberina's Primer as default. I have also used E-skin Fresh on @GaiaHypothesis recommendation and it is gorgeous! I have tried a lot but those 2 are my favorite. I also like Navetsea, some of Pralinesims, and Lady Frontbottom (NSFW) skins. Not an s club fan, although some like those skins :)

@hepburnfan No. No, they are not. MOAR SKINS!! MOOOAAARRRR. :D

How do u download from E-skin website I do like some of there's non-default skins i can't seem to download there skins
  • Options
    @NikkiKaur15 You have to navigate HERE then find the one you want to DL. Click on that, scroll down to the bottom where it says eskin whatever.7z then when the DL popup comes you click on the DL button BESIDE the blue button on the top right. However lately there have been issues with Baidu so its been warning me away from DL'ing from there. Someone else recently bypassed this and DL'ed and didn't have an issue with the DL. Just to warn you.
    Studio
  • Options
    Hi, @NikkiKaur15 What @GaiaHypothesis said. She is the one who originally told me about it. If you use Chrome, you can have google translate the page for you, but it really doesn't make a difference. Also, Chrome will block you from downloading. Just follow her directions. It's nice to meet you!