Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Business

dallymunoz21dallymunoz21 Posts: 99 Member
Can I promote employees to run the business while i'm not there?

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yes.

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    How do I?
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @dallymunoz21

Thanks for asking this question, I have not been playing sims 2 very long and have just started trying to play businesses but am coming up against obstacles so I hope your question gets answered as I want to become a hand's off business owner at the moment lol :)
  • Options
    MiamineMiamine Posts: 731 Member
    Your employee needs 5points in any badges - this could include gardening, restocking or even making pottery, any badge works, and some of your employees may actually have them when they get the job. Each badge level is worth certain points.
    Bronze - One points
    Silver - Two points
    Gold - Three points

So an employee with a gold level register badge and a silver one in sales, is management material. When they hit the requirements, click them and promote to manager. You can also ask them to mind the shop, and they will start interfering and telling other employees what to do. They will also become playable on your panel and you can control them and see their needs.

When you get home, use phone to "check in" with business, and you will receive a portion of money based on what your business made the last time you played. This process is very slow at first, over an hour on the phone, but it gets quicker. Unfortunately, each day you stay away makes the business less profitable and the money you get from "check in" get less and less until it's nothing. So you must go back to the shop at least every week or so, so your profits build up again.

There are mods that will make the profit decay and phone thing a little more bearable. (Anti-Business Decay @ Maty - There's another one for the phone, but can't remember it, sorry)
    SIMS 3:YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THE SIMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! This #1 bestselling award-winner* is better than ever on iPhone and iPod. Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving analytics technology. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Miamine

Thanks so much for that info it has helped me a lot as I have been a little overwhelmed lately trying to run various sorts of businesses hoping to try gain some experience of what I need to do but after the latest escapade I decided I would like to go along the management route so I could have a little time off from it all.. :)
  • Options
    How often does someone come and review your business?
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I don't know why, but for me, they show up on opening day and then never again.
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I don't know why, but for me, they show up on opening day and then never again.

You're just lucky? lol
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @Mstybl95
    When you are running a business, it is only reviewed a few times to be the "Best of the Best".
    Unfortunately you don't know who the customer is (incognito)so your Sims will need to impress every customer that comes through the door! :)
    A reward is given at every level and it is up to you make the decision what would help the business more.
    When it comes to employees, it is best to add a new employee every couple of levels and juggle their talents at selling, stock-taking and being the cashier.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Sometimes he/she will come. If you see customer taking notes, he/she is reporter, who iś reviewing your business.
  • Options
    The guy is always the same for me. So the first time I totally offended him and he gave my business a bad review. Then when he showed up at my other shop I just started to show him all kinds of stuff and giving him a basic sell every couple of minutes. Now, it's too easy and every business earns the best of the best on their opening day. :/
  • Options
    @Mstybl95
    Are all your businesses, level 10?

No. I haven't played them enough, but they easily reached level 5 in the few sim days I played them. And I don't stay at the lot...closing time is closing time. Usually 8-5 unless it's the grocery store, which is supposed to be 24 hours. LOL
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @Mstybl95
    I know from playing OFB how tempting it is to stay at the business as long as you can to reach another level. :(
    It's is definitely the right thing to do leaving the premises at a set time - good for employee moral! :)